Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

12 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Ill let you all know what I think. It seems a lot of stores broke protocol and sold the game today. A lot of PlayStation copies are all over twitch from what I've read. Other than the games done quick marathons, I've never understood the appeal of twitch. Watching somebody else play a game while sitting in a spammy chat room seems like an awful use of ones time.

I love Twitch. Prob spend 35 hours a week on it. lol

Love watching new games to see if they seem interesting to me. That and finding streams that are fun and interactive is what i really like. Most of the time i just put it on in the background because i like to hear the conversation.

42 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

I love Twitch. Prob spend 35 hours a week on it. lol

Love watching new games to see if they seem interesting to me. That and finding streams that are fun and interactive is what i really like. Most of the time i just put it on in the background because i like to hear the conversation.

Yeah see I have a feeling it's an old man get off my lawn thing with me and I just don't get it. The games done quick marathon (those guys raised 2 million dollars this year for prevent cancer charity, amazing) has a chat that highlights all the terrible parts of gaming that are stereotyped. I'd enjoy it a lot more if you could discuss the games being run but it's a bunch of immaturity, memes, spam, sexism, racism, cancer jokes... it's a real shame because raising a few million for charity bi yearly by speedrunning video games is awesome and such a great cause.

RE7 is good so far. The start seems like the demo that has been out but once you are beyond that section it has the save and item box room, the wacky puzzles. If you enjoyed the first games in the series you will like this game, it just replaces the tank controls and combat with FPS combat. It's running well too, I have a 980ti and everything maxed out and it stays at 60fps (v-sync on) other than a couple dips. I'm not that far into though but what I've played so far has been good.

43 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Yeah see I have a feeling it's an old man get off my lawn thing with me and I just don't get it. The games done quick marathon (those guys raised 2 million dollars this year for prevent cancer charity, amazing) has a chat that highlights all the terrible parts of gaming that are stereotyped. I'd enjoy it a lot more if you could discuss the games being run but it's a bunch of immaturity, memes, spam, sexism, racism, cancer jokes... it's a real shame because raising a few million for charity bi yearly by speedrunning video games is awesome and such a great cause.

Yea, really comes down to who you watch and what chats youre in. Im sure there are a bunch of them on twitch but i typically never run into that. And if someone does start the usually ban them right away. 

Is the demo exactly the same as the start of the game? Downloaded the demo last night but not gonna play it if it makes me do it again when i get the game. 

30 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Yea, really comes down to who you watch and what chats youre in. Im sure there are a bunch of them on twitch but i typically never run into that. And if someone does start the usually ban them right away. 

Is the demo exactly the same as the start of the game? Downloaded the demo last night but not gonna play it if it makes me do it again when i get the game. 

I didn't play the demo but saw a video about it and it seems to be the same area. It's not completely the same it seems but probably similar. RE7 so far is like the first games with a splash of alien isolation. I see how VR would be cool with this game, but I feel like after awhile I wouldn't want it. Def would like to try it though and see if my opinion would change. 

Now that I've gone through a good chunk of the game (maybe halfway or a little less) I can def recommend this game to fans of the series before RE4. This game is about as close as you can get to the original game without using zombies. I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm not saying people that like RE4 won't like it, but it's back to ammo being precious and having to manage your inventory. Items are hidden everywhere you really have to search rooms completely looking under and behind things. 

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

How scary is it? 

It's given me a few pretty good jump scares and the atmosphere is tense throughout. I don't really want to discuss why and spoil things. But, it really is very similar to the first game. The first game I was tense almost the entire time because death could always be right around the corner. It's the same here for the most part. If you are a fan of horror games, it's a good game. If people don't pick it up now, def get it when it's on sale.

10 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I could definitely watch someone play RE7 on twitch. Wouldn't play it myself though. 

I'm telling you, man. Play Isolation. Or maybe Dead Space/F.E.A.R

It's hard to get much scarier than those. Pop that cherry right off. Then you will be liberated, and crave the darkness, like us

8 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Which streamers do you guys rec? Like I said, I would have loved to jump aboard the twitch train back when it was Justin.tv as a streamer.

The only time I watch Twitch is usually for Destiny when Trials of Osiris is live. I like to watch different players to see how they do things. I don't  really watch twitch for the entertainment value.

Some of the streamers that I've seen are cool, others total douches. However, I really don't get why people throw money at them.  Crazy.  Particularly the fake female streamers obviously using their "assets" to charm the viewers.

8 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Which streamers do you guys rec? Like I said, I would have loved to jump aboard the twitch train back when it was Justin.tv as a streamer.

Depends what game you like. Some of my favorite streams.

CohhCarnage - He's probably the biggest streamer i like. Plays a variety of games. Really cool and the chats are really chill

Puhdado - Mainly plays DayZ and H1Z1. Great personality and a fun chat.

KdWolf - Plays a variety of games. Very cool personality. Very mature chat. Willing to discuss politics or anything really.

SilentSentry - Plays a lot of R6 Siege right now. Very informative when he plays. Chat isn't the greatest but hes a lot of fun to watch

Darkness_429 - Plays a bunch of FPS. Very interactive, his streaming is growing really fast.

Usually if there is a game i want to watch i scroll through the list and keep trying new people till i find one i like. 

10 minutes ago, codeorama said:

The only time I watch Twitch is usually for Destiny when Trials of Osiris is live. I like to watch different players to see how they do things. I don't  really watch twitch for the entertainment value.

Some of the streamers that I've seen are cool, others total douches. However, I really don't get why people throw money at them.  Crazy.  Particularly the fake female streamers obviously using their "assets" to charm the viewers.

Its entertainment.  

13 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

How scary is it? 

As Zazzaro said its good. Played last night on the PS4. The game looks amazing. The details are beautiful. Im only like an hour in but there were already a few really creepy parts. Like is a lot. 

The only streamer I've really seen other than the GDQ is Summit1g. I played WarZ with him a few times WAY back in the day and then he only had like 30 or so viewers. Now I've seen him top out at like 20k. Amazing. People donating just to have their comment read on stream. It constantly goes off too from the $5 subs to the donations that range from $3 to $100, he pulls in thousands of dollars a day. He is pretty damn good at FPS so I'd watch him to get tips on how he plays games like H1Z1 king of the hill, dayz and counter strike. I've seen Man vs Game but the guy just is totally full of himself. Other than that I'd rather just play the games myself but good for them, if people want to donate them a lot of money to play video games that's badass and I can't say I'm not a little jealous. 

Same really with youtube, I've seen the big streamers that are on youtube red like Pewdiepie and Markaplier and think their videos/content are lame yet there is obviously a market for it. Its just not a market for me. 

Lights, are you playing the demo or did you pickup RE7?

Anyone going to pickup Double Dragon 4 next week? I guess a few of the creators that made Double Dragon 2 on the NES got together to create a new game for the 30th anniversary of the series. It picks up where DD2 left off and is an official direct sequel to it. The style is how the games were on NES. I'm hoping it's just a $5-$10 game and I'll run through it for sure. DD2 the Revenge is one of my favorite NES games.

https://www.arcsystemworks.jp/dd4/

1 hour ago, Taylor703 said:

He Zaz, did you buy it on steam? If so, is there any frame rate issues or anything? I'm probably going to buy it this weekend when I get my GTX 1070.

I got it from green man gaming because it was 20% off but it's a steam key. I've had a couple dips playing at 60fps 1080p everything maxed out but resolution but nothing major or gamebreaking. IMHO it runs really well. I have a 980ti. 

I only watched streamers of The Division, usually guys like widdz who are really good at Dark Zone PvP. Or the State of The Game streams from Massive Ent. for The Division. Otherwise, I'll check out a game I'm interested in buying occasionally or what archived streams from a well-known Twitcher or two. With the latter, I may not want to play it and just feel more comfortable watching someone else do it. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm telling you, man. Play Isolation. Or maybe Dead Space/F.E.A.R

It's hard to get much scarier than those. Pop that cherry right off. Then you will be liberated, and crave the darkness, like us

I'm good. LOL!

18 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

maybe Dead Space

I just can't quit you. 

That game was amazing. It's one of the first games that comes to mind whenever atmosphere in a game is brought up. It's on another level and it makes every corner and door terrifying. 

Plus the setting was just awesome. 

That might be my favorite horror game. It's definitely too 3. Too bad the sequels **** all over it 

22 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I just can't quit you. 

That game was amazing. It's one of the first games that comes to mind whenever atmosphere in a game is brought up. It's on another level and it makes every corner and door terrifying. 

Plus the setting was just awesome. 

That might be my favorite horror game. It's definitely too 3. Too bad the sequels **** all over it 

Lol, yeah it was pretty awesome. 2nd to Isolation imo, in the potential to **** your pants at any random moment

And bruh.... The shipwrecked Space Marines. I don't even wanna imagine how I'd react in real life if one of those things ran like Usain Bolt at me. Hopefully I'd die of shock before they got to me.

And the stalker... Fuuuuu

You wanna play a game with down-right oppressive tension, try Fatal Frame IV.  I could only play that one in one hour sessions because the tension mentally wore me out.  Fortunately the chapters were each about an hour in length, so I was eventually able to complete it.

The first time I came across THE bloomed ghost was unpleasant.  It was invulnerable and would pursue you through walls as you try to run away.

I had dead space but didn't finish it for some reason I don't even think I got that far and then ended up trading it in. I just checked and it's on steam maybe I'll pick it up during the steam spring sale. I'm sure there are probably some good mods for it hopefully an HD pack.

Conan Exiles will release Jan 30th 9pm PST and will cost $29.99.

13 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

I had dead space but didn't finish it for some reason I don't even think I got that far and then ended up trading it in. I just checked and it's on steam maybe I'll pick it up during the steam spring sale. I'm sure there are probably some good mods for it hopefully an HD pack.

Conan Exiles will release Jan 30th 9pm PST and will cost $29.99.

I think I'm going to pick up Exiles. What the heck is the barbarian edition? 

7 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

I think I'm going to pick up Exiles. What the heck is the barbarian edition? 

A bunch of filler BS to bleed you of $30 it seems. A bunch of digital items and some Age of Conan MMO digital items. Not worth it as far as I'm concerned would rather use the money on a private server. If you want I'll give you the server details when I get it, it's a nice way to learn the game and especially the end game because unless you join into a clan on the official servers for these types of games you have no chance. Unless the game is a buggy mess, I'm going to rent a server.

Man counting indie games, there are so many great games that come out on PC during any given month that it has become impossible to play them all. Throw in these Survival building games like Conan Exiles, Ark, Miscreated, DayZ as well as Action RPGs like Path of Exile, Grim Dawn and Diablo 3 and you really get into trouble because there are no end to those types of games and how many hours you can dump into them. I'm a sucker for old school indie games in the platforming and metroidvania style so there is honestly an awesome new release almost every week. 

19 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

I had dead space but didn't finish it for some reason I don't even think I got that far and then ended up trading it in.

i played for about an hour and then never picked it up again.  think i would have liked it a lot more if it was just a straight up fps.  just couldn't get into the mechanics of it.

Archived