Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

7 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Decided to start Mass Effect tonight. 

Here are some tips...

1. Explore everything. The world is massive and there are lots of items to loot and you can even pick up side quests from exploring/looting.

2. Try to bring a balanced squad. I won't tell you what class to pick, they're all viable(I went Vanguard my first playthrough, its high risk/high reward but a lot of fun). Ideally you have one techie person that can disrupt shields and open locked doors/containers, one biotic person that can crowd control, and then one standard gunner type that kills stuff. Some squadmates when together have interesting and funny dialogue, so mix and match.

3. Talk to people as much as possible. It can open up sidequests but also reveal interesting bits of lore. There is soooo much to the ME universe and you don't want to miss out, and a lot of what happens in 2-3 starts in 2. In particular you want to talk to your squadmates as much as possible.

4. Keep multiple saves. There are a few areas that can be kinda tough and you may feel the need to revert to a previous file. Overall the game isn't too difficult once you get to a certain level but its always good to have a backup(there is one area that can be really tough especially if you go early, I won't say which though, maybe you'll run into the same luck I had lolol).

5. Take your time. Listen to all the dialogue, carefully go through your options when you level up(there is a lot of customization options), and just enjoy the experience.

Yep, after every mission talk to your squad mates on the ship and get to know them. It can unlock their own unique missions and the relationships last or are destroyed thru the trilogy 

tslknto everyone really. I was just fascinated by the lore that was everywhere and wanted to learn as much as I could. Spend time in the Codex too. 

If ME1 combat doesn't hit you right away just give it time. It grows on you and is dramatically improved in 2-3 anyway 

Don't let the Mako destroy your soul. And yes. Explore everything, and everyone

In terms of dialogue, as a first timer, do what feels natural to you. It limits confusion the first go round (you have A LOT to digest). If you want give an interview to a reporter, do it. If you want to slap the **** out of them or put a gun to their head, do it 

Soldier/infiltrator might be the best classes for n00bs. Soldier gives you access to every weapon and all armor types, and Infiltrator gives you a tech edge, allowing you to also fight from distance for easier kills. Basically sort of an assassin build

Both are good also if you only plan one playthrough 

12 hours ago, Taylor703 said:

Decided to start Mass Effect tonight. 

I started earlier this week. Made it to the citadel before I got tired. Completely forgot how combat worked lol. 

I may do more today. I have to admit I will probably skip most of the side missions because I want to get to ME2 as quickly as possible. 

Mass Effect was a series I just never was able to get to. Maybe one day.

In regards to RE7, they have said it does connect to the RE lore. My guess is what happens is like the movie The Crazies. Some sort of aircraft was carrying some form of the T-virus or one of the other viruses they have now (admittedly I haven't played 5,6 or the revelations titles so unsure what updated lore and viruses there are) and it crashed in the swamp near where the game is taking place. Luckily we don't have much longer to go and even shorter to wait on steam. Release on steam is now the 23rd.

@Zazzaro703 somehow I played all campaigns in RE6 twice and still dont understand what the hell is going on with the different viruses and who has what and what they are doing with the cure. 

Thats why I'm ok if they just kinda do a soft reset at this point and RE7 only loosely ties into that storyline but is used to start a fresh new story for the series 

5 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

I started earlier this week. Made it to the citadel before I got tired. Completely forgot how combat worked lol. 

I may do more today. I have to admit I will probably skip most of the side missions because I want to get to ME2 as quickly as possible. 

Considering that I was playing it just seven months ago, it doesn't feel as hoky to me, thankfully.

I'm planning a Paragon to renegade switch. I did the opposite last time through, and yes, some of the characters notice the change in you over time, and comment on it.

22 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Is this a good game? Are you talking about the 360 games in the EA Access app?

Yes, it's an amazing trilogy. Essentially one game that is spread over 7-8 years because your actions and characters etc carry thru each game so well. It almost feels like the old VHS movies where a single movie was spread out over two VHS tapes. 

Of course you also have to be into space epics, sci-fi and action rpgs with tons of dialogue options. 

The games are all backwards compatible on XB1 but not sure if they are in the EA vault or not 

My last suggestion would be heading on over to humble bundle within the next day or two and buying all 3 bundles currently on sale. Right now they have:

Best of 2016 Bundle $10 tier

Else Heart.Break

Evoland 2

Victor Vran

Rust

Shadowrun:Hong Kong Extended Edition

Stronghold Crusader 2

Homeworld Remastered

Overwhelmingly Positive Bundle (Top Rated Games) $10 tier

Shantae and the Pirates Curse

Epic Battle Fantasy 4

Pony Island

Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Deadbolt

Bit Blaster XL

Refunct

N++

Humble Monthy Bundle $12 tier (cheaper if buy one of the bundles listed above you'll get a 10% off coupon for the Humble Monthly Bundle)

XCom2 (Worth it for this alone XCom2 for $12 as well as whatever comes with it is just icing on the cake)

5-6 games TBD

Thats 20+ games that have fantastic ratings for $30 if you buy all 3 with the monthly bundle last. You'd have games in just about every genre and a great start to your PC gaming steam collection. Welcome to PC gaming, it's great. The Overwhelmingly Positive Bundle ends Tuesday morning. Bundles start and end on tuesdays. 

Edit: Wow I meant for this to be in the PC advice thread my apologies.

I passed on the Overwhelmingly Positive bundle since the vast majority of the games didn't support linux.  Did pick up the Best Of 2016 and the XCOM2 Early Unlock monthly, though.  My cousin was putting together a Rust server, so I figured I'd pick it up for $4 (didn't go for the top tier).

17 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I passed on the Overwhelmingly Positive bundle since the vast majority of the games didn't support linux.  Did pick up the Best Of 2016 and the XCOM2 Early Unlock monthly, though.  My cousin was putting together a Rust server, so I figured I'd pick it up for $4 (didn't go for the top tier).

I haven't played Rust in a long while. I already got my monies worth out of it and then some though. I'm letting all these early access games I got upon release bake in the oven and am not planning to come back to them until they are complete or are another year down the road. I am about to fall into the same trap and get Conan Exiles at the end of this month and unless it's just an unfun buggy mess I'll most likely be renting a server for that. If I do end up getting a server I'll post a message on here if anyone wants to join. Playing official servers for these games sort of sucks because unless you are in a large group it's nearly impossible to get going.

4 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

I haven't played Rust in a long while. I already got my monies worth out of it and then some though. I'm letting all these early access games I got upon release bake in the oven and am not planning to come back to them until they are complete or are another year down the road. I am about to fall into the same trap and get Conan Exiles at the end of this month and unless it's just an unfun buggy mess I'll most likely be renting a server for that. If I do end up getting a server I'll post a message on here if anyone wants to join. Playing official servers for these games sort of sucks because unless you are in a large group it's nearly impossible to get going.

I can't remember if you ever did Planet Explorers.  Another Crafting type game, but has a story campaign and the crafting is super deep with being able to actually construct a 3D model of what you want to craft (be it a sword, gun, car, or flying craft).  And the world is fully destructable as it is constructed out of voxels a la minecraft, but without the blocky aesthetic.

So the only thing I don't like so far is there's no controller support for the PC version of Mass Effect. I've also tried downloading the HD mod several times and it won't even start. Either way the game is fun so far. Haven't played very much but will take my time with it. 

Also, played a little bit of Ryse yesterday. Loved it on Xbox one and the game is stunning on PC. It's a bit much for my GTX 970 as everything running on high only gets me between 27-32FPS. Even still it looks beautiful. I've been holding off but I'm going to take the plunge next month and pick up a GTX 1080. 

Not bad. Ruthless gives you Renegade bonuses. I played a natural dialogue Paragon/Infiltrator my first playthrough just to get my feet wet, but did Earthborn/Ruthless/Vanguard female the second time, for role playing. Some of the most fun I've ever had, slapping, intimidating and executing people. Queen B

female Shep was way more entertaining than the guy imo

Archived