Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

9 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Oh yeah, I did earthborn as well. 

Niiiice. Earthborn Ruthless is imo the best combination in the game. Makes you tough and rugged, raised by the streets, and very intimidating. One last til would be to give some tlc to your renegade skill. It opens up a host of other options and can get you out of sticky situations, like bluffing and threatening to massacre everyone in the room when you're clearly outgunned

And also since you're a soldier (and if you didnt select the damping perk at the start of the game) be careful when fighting biotics.

That **** can be maddening. Save as often as possible, use your corners, and if you can, always bring another biotic with you, because the Damping ability temporarily cancels out biotic powers, and throw can give you the advantage if there's several of them coming at you

My first playthrough was Earthborn/War Hero. I went Paragon. The idea being that I grew up rough but "got out the hood" to make a name for myself as a hero.

Second playthrough I was Colonist/Ruthless. Colonist background your parents and entire colony get murdered by slavers. I use that to fuel my bloodthirst and ruthlessness. Naturaly went Renegade.

Renegade is SO much more fun. You get amazing dialogue responses and you're just so damn snarky. And the great thing is, unlike in other games(*cough* KOTOR *cough*) Renegade isn't really evil. Its more do things your own way consequences be damned and sacrifice anything for the mission, not giving an F about anything.

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

My first playthrough was Earthborn/War Hero. I went Paragon. The idea being that I grew up rough but "got out the hood" to make a name for myself as a hero.

Second playthrough I was Colonist/Ruthless. Colonist background your parents and entire colony get murdered by slavers. I use that to fuel my bloodthirst and ruthlessness. Naturaly went Renegade.

Renegade is SO much more fun. You get amazing dialogue responses and you're just so damn snarky. And the great thing is, unlike in other games(*cough* KOTOR *cough*) Renegade isn't really evil. Its more do things your own way consequences be damned and sacrifice anything for the mission, not giving an F about anything.

Yup, that's why I liked it better as a woman. Some of the responses are simply legendary, especially when dudes hit on her

"Hey baby, how's about you come over here and let me look at than fine body of yours?"

"Show me yours first [Whips out pistol], I bet mine's bigger" :rofl89:

And yeah, nothing comes before the mission. **** would kill an old grandma if she had to

But I kinda disagree though. My first playthrough I made her hardcore, but I terms of her crew, she eventually would warm up to them.

My second one was a pure cold hearted deviant. Treated everyone like ****. Evil to the end. I honestly struggled through it because some of the decisions were so far against my true nature lol

8 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I can't remember if you ever did Planet Explorers.  Another Crafting type game, but has a story campaign and the crafting is super deep with being able to actually construct a 3D model of what you want to craft (be it a sword, gun, car, or flying craft).  And the world is fully destructable as it is constructed out of voxels a la minecraft, but without the blocky aesthetic.

Nah haven't tried that one, the other one I really want to try is empyrion - galactic survival. It's the real no mans sky it seems but it's another early access game. Astroneer looks really good as well. They really need to change the early access survival crafting games. Instead of having a set release point it just seems all these games feature creep and use early access as an excuse to have a buggy game in an infinite development stage that they can charge money for. Some are much better than others. Its too bad you didn't say something about Rust, I think I have 2 extra copies at the moment from bundles.

2 hours ago, Taylor703 said:

Just landed at Feros. This game is pretty fun. 

Joy2key should enable you to setup a controller. It basically just lets you reassign keyboard keys to a controller. NexusMods is also a great manager to get and have mods running. Really easy to use.

3 hours ago, Taylor703 said:

Just landed at Feros. This game is pretty fun. 

If you haven't already, go to Therum afterwards (I think the chronological order is Therum, Feros, Noveria, and onwards to spoiler planets).

And explore every planet in the galaxy along the way (there is no new game + that lets you roam after completion of the main quest). Each one offers valuable codex data, and missions.

I did colonist/renegade first playthrough. Just a badass, no nonsense antihero solider. The council didnt approve of my methods or my past but they knew id get the job done one way or another. Most of the time I just didn't have time for this diplomacy nonsense, I said and did what I wanted and kept it moving. 

Equally as charming though and pounded Ashley almost as much as I pounded Alien scum into the dirt. My crew worshipped me as they knew I was our best chance for survival even if there may come a day when I'd ask them to lay down their lives for me...or ashley. They were loyal to the cause 

13 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I did colonist/renegade first playthrough. Just a badass, no nonsense antihero solider. The council didnt approve of my methods or my past but they knew id get the job done one way or another. Most of the time I just didn't have time for this diplomacy nonsense, I said and did what I wanted and kept it moving. 

Equally as charming though and pounded Ashley almost as much as I pounded Alien scum into the dirt. My crew worshipped me as they knew I was our best chance for survival even if there may come a day when I'd ask them to lay down their lives for me...or ashley. They were loyal to the cause 

Man I'm so boring, I don't think I've ever played an RPG and not played it like a paladin. RE7 releases at 8pm PST tonight, I'm looking forward to it hope the game is a good Resident Evil game.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ea-releasing-10-hour-trial-for-mass-effect-andromeda-for-access-subscribers/0177881

If you have the EA Access thing on XBOne or PC, you can play your first 10 hours of the new Mass Effect game 5 days early. PS4 people are out of luck, EA doesn't have the program on PS. It costs $5 a month. Your save files will carry over when it releases. 

I used it to trial battlefield 1, played 10 hours of the game for $5 and decided not to buy the game. It's the first competitive shooter I've played in awhile and just wasn't very good at the game. I used to put up great KD ratio on Battlefield bad company 2 and counter strike (like 30:3 good) but my instincts are rusty and people have been playing these games for years non stop. Would have taken way too many hours to get good again and getting blown away with rounds like 6:12 just pissd me off and frustrated me to no end.

Enter the Survival Horror. 

5 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ea-releasing-10-hour-trial-for-mass-effect-andromeda-for-access-subscribers/0177881

If you have the EA Access thing on XBOne or PC, you can play your first 10 hours of the new Mass Effect game 5 days early. PS4 people are out of luck, EA doesn't have the program on PS. It costs $5 a month. Your save files will carry over when it releases. I used it to trial battlefield 1, played 10 hours of the game for $5 and decided not to buy the game. 

Thats good news to hear. Was kind of disappointed that Titanfall 2 wasn't included with the program. If your an xbox owner i think EA all access is a must. They just put the full Mass Effect series in the vault so you can play those three games for "free".  

Pretty sure its $5 a month or like $30 for the entire year.  

On 1/22/2017 at 10:29 AM, Zazzaro703 said:

Nah haven't tried that one, the other one I really want to try is empyrion - galactic survival. It's the real no mans sky it seems but it's another early access game. They really need to change the early access survival crafting games. Instead of having a set release point it just seems all these games feature creep and use early access as an excuse to have a buggy game in an infinite development stage that they can charge money for. Some are much better than others. Its too bad you didn't say something about Rust, I think I have 2 extra copies at the moment from bundles.

I bought Empyrion for my brother to mess around with when he finally builds his PC.  But it's a Windows game, so I haven't bothered with it myself.

As for Rust, I don't mind having paid $4 for it.  Also got Shadowrun Hong Kong from the bundle, so that'll probably make it worth while.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I saw the RE7 trailer at lunch. Interesting. Different from that E3 trailer.

I'm hearing everywhere it's 9 out of 10, masterclass horror game that returns the game to its roots. It's like the original game. Man I cannot wait now I was already excited for it because they said they were taking a hard left turn from where they went RE4 and beyond but the review scores and article summaries have taken my hype to the next level. 5.5 hours to go.

*Entering The Survival Horror*

Just thinking back to 1996, seeing resident evil in a game pro or some magazine and being blown away. Then getting the game with the frantic paranoid looking Chris Redfield on the cover, hitting start and hearing the Resident Evvvvilllllll then getting the Entering the Survival Horror message.... I really was wondering what I was getting into and if I wanted to actually play it.

Ill let you all know what I think. It seems a lot of stores broke protocol and sold the game today. A lot of PlayStation copies are all over twitch from what I've read. Other than the games done quick marathons, I've never understood the appeal of twitch. Watching somebody else play a game while sitting in a spammy chat room seems like an awful use of ones time. Although to be fair I guess back in the day people sat around in the same room watching their brother, sister, mom, dad or friends playing video games. Times have just changed I guess and I'm old and missed the twitch train. I do wish I could go back in time and become a huge twitch streamer though, wow do some of those guys make a ton of money to play video games.

Edit: It's not the brick and mortar stores that sold it early, the PS store actually sold it early. So if you wanted it on the PS it's available via digital download and has been all day.

Archived