Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Lol, yeah it was pretty awesome. 2nd to Isolation imo, in the potential to **** your pants at any random moment

And bruh.... The shipwrecked Space Marines. I don't even wanna imagine how I'd react in real life if one of those things ran like Usain Bolt at me. Hopefully I'd die of shock before they got to me.

And the stalker... Fuuuuu

That stalker was the worst man. Regenerating all the damn time. There were some good boss fights in there. 

It was just ahead of its time. I really liked how there was no HUD. Your health, pause screen, inventory etc was all displayed thru your suit which also linked with the ship to open doors. Kept you focused on the action and there was nothing to distract or block any of the ****ed up **** headed your way. 

That lab man, I knew bad **** was going to happen there...

They should make a Dead Space 4 that goes back to the single player horror. 

31 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

try Fatal Frame IV

Is this on console? 

31 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

You wanna play a game with down-right oppressive tension, try Fatal Frame IV.  I could only play that one in one hour sessions because the tension mentally wore me out.  Fortunately the chapters were each about an hour in length, so I was eventually able to complete it.

The first time I came across THE bloomed ghost was unpleasant.  It was invulnerable and would pursue you through walls as you try to run away.

Isolation is like that on Nightmare. Soooo stressful. You spend several game hours looting ammo, then you run out in minutes because the thing will simply not stop ****ing with you, no matter what. Constant torment

1 hour ago, KLJ said:

i played for about an hour and then never picked it up again.  think i would have liked it a lot more if it was just a straight up fps.  just couldn't get into the mechanics of it.

I'm not quite sure what the issue was with me, I was excited for it and liked the little bit I played but I just didn't get to put much time into it. I think Metal Gear Solid 4 came out and I was short on cash in those days so I traded it in. Luckily, it's on steam for $19.99 and I'm betting during a major steam sale it will be $4.99. 

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That stalker was the worst man. Regenerating all the damn time. There were some good boss fights in there. 

It was just ahead of its time. I really liked how there was no HUD. Your health, pause screen, inventory etc was all displayed thru your suit which also linked with the ship to open doors. Kept you focused on the action and there was nothing to distract or block any of the ****ed up **** headed your way. 

That lab man, I knew bad **** was going to happen there...

They should make a Dead Space 4 that goes back to the single player horror. 

If you haven't done it, I'd suggest Dead Space: Extraction, which is the prologue to the outbreak on the Ishimura, so you are playing while the **** is hitting the fan.

Sort of an Interactive type of deal, though iirc (it's been years since I played it) you still have control over things like inventory and weapons fire. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If you haven't done it, I'd suggest Dead Space: Extraction, which is the prologue to the outbreak on the Ishimura, so you are playing while the **** is hitting the fan.

Sort of an Interactive type of deal, though iirc (it's been years since I played it) you still have control over things like inventory and weapons fire. 

Is that DLC? 

I don't think so. I saw it on PSN store back in 2011. Seemed like its own game. Longer than most dlc's I've played. I believe Isaac's gf is in it. You actually get to physically unearth the Marker

WHOOPS, now I see, it was originally for the Wii but was a package deal with the limited edition version of Dead Space 2, and was available on PsN. Should still be buried there somewhere

Did anyone here play Pillars of Eternity? It was one of the most successful kickstarters of all time (at the time when the kickstarter finished it was the most funded kickstarter project to date). It's a CRPG game made by a lot of the guys whom made the Baldurs gate games. It had two expansions and was a solid game especially considering CRPGs were basically dead and no one wanted to take a chance giving a studio money to produce a game like it because it was thought there was no demand. Anyways, Pillars 2 was just announced and is being crowd funded on Fig. I guess fig is the new kickstarter I'm not sure why devs are going there now but a few big named releases have been crowd funded on Fig recently. Here is the link to the campaign:

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire#about

On 1/24/2017 at 4:50 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

How scary is it? 

Man now that I'm in the final parts of the game, I can say at least for me there have been quite a few good jump scares. I cannot even imagine playing RE7 in VR and not even sure I'd want to. They really nailed the atmosphere of the first game. I'm currently at about 13 hours playtime but it's not surprising that I'm above the average. I search everything and then search again. That is a complaint unfortunately i will have to agree with. If it's your (your in general not specifically you) style to rush through games I can def see finishing this game in 8-10hrs and if you (again General you) don't replay on a harder difficulty or just replay again new game+ it might not be worth the full $60. I still think it is because it has been a great experience for me personally, but if your budget for games isn't that much unless you are a huge RE7 fan it might be better to wait for a sale. I think $39.99 would have been a good price, I got it from Greenmangaming for $48 so it was worth it for me. RE7 really is a great horror game though all the reviews that have been posted giving it high scores are legit.

If whomever is buying it is ok with a great game that could only last 8-10 hours without replaying it for full retail price or 20% off on PC, I give 2 thumbs up. If not, wait for a sale and then get it because it's worth running through the game at least once if you are a fan of horror games and the RE series. I haven't played a horror game in awhile (I have Alien Isolation, Soma, Outlast but haven't played them yet) and playing RE7 has actually been stressful at times for me. Everyone is different though with how creepy and jump scares effect them, but it seems the majority of people think it's a great horror game with good scares throughout. 

33 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

What was the free game promotion? I got Rise of the Tomb Raider when I got my 980ti. I'm a huge fan of microcenter as well when I'm in the NoVA area. Nothing but good experiences and knowledgeable reps on the floor that aren't there to get you to buy the most expensive parts. I want a 1080 but think I'll wait for a 1080ti.

My brother just ordered a bunch of PC parts for his first self-built PC.  Went all out for the 1080.  I'm gonna be super jealous of his machine.

Anyways, Zazzaro, you need to get through your damn backlog already!  I'm prescribing you all-nighter gaming sessions to get through the games that need to be gotten through.

10 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

My brother just ordered a bunch of PC parts for his first self-built PC.  Went all out for the 1080.  I'm gonna be super jealous of his machine.

Anyways, Zazzaro, you need to get through your damn backlog already!  I'm prescribing you all-nighter gaming sessions to get through the games that need to be gotten through.

Man I've been trying to because my wife is busy with school so I have free time. The last couple months I've crossed off quite a few games that I've been meaning to tackle but I put so many hours into Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Project Zomboid, H1Z1, Dayz... all games that have no real ending and during that time was getting Humble bundles and steam sales. If I never bought a game again I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to finish all the games on my steam account in this lifetime. Seeing how I'm about to buy Conan Exiles and really like Empyrion - Galactic Survival I can see my backlog growing again from the small dent I put in it. It's awesome though when I finish a game and I'm choosing between games like Rise of the Tomb Raider, XCom2, The Evil Within, The Witcher 3 and many other top shelf games to play next that are already bought and ready to go. 

How does your brother like Empyrion? That game is what No Mans Sky was supposed to be. Building bases and ships like mine craft, raiding NPC and player bases/outposts, Teraforming planets, travel between planets, space combat, building space bases/stations, Building Capital Ships... I can see myself losing months to that game.

1 minute ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Man I've been trying to because my wife is busy with school so I have free time. The last couple months I've crossed off quite a few games that I've been meaning to tackle but I put so many hours into Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Project Zomboid, H1Z1, Dayz... all games that have no real ending and during that time was getting Humble bundles and steam sales. If I never bought a game again I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to finish all the games on my steam account in this lifetime. Seeing how I'm about to buy Conan Exiles and really like Empyrion - Galactic Survival I can see my backlog growing again from the small dent I put in it. It's awesome though when I finish a game and I'm choosing between games like Rise of the Tomb Raider, XCom2, The Evil Within, The Witcher 3 and many other top shelf games to play next that are already bought and ready to go.

How does your brother like Empyrion? That game is what No Mans Sky was supposed to be. Building bases and ships like mine craft, raiding NPC and player bases/outposts, travel between planets, space combat, building space bases/stations, Building Capital Ships... I can see myself losing months to that game.

Yeah, those endless sandbox type games make it difficult to work through a backlog.  At what point are you ready to move on?

As for Empyrion, he hasn't been able to play it yet since he hasn't had a great machine in the past, he's been using a laptop that isn't really meant for gaming (I knew he was planning on building a PC for awhile, so I felt comfortable getting him some games to look forward to).  Looks like the game has grown a lot since I first stumbled upon it.

26 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

What was the free game promotion? I got Rise of the Tomb Raider when I got my 980ti. I'm a huge fan of microcenter as well when I'm in the NoVA area. Nothing but good experiences and knowledgeable reps on the floor that aren't there to get you to buy the most expensive parts. I want a 1080 but think I'll wait for a 1080ti.

This one actually didn't come with a free game download. Searched and searched but nothing. Was kind of bummed because my 970 came with Batman. 

5 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

This one actually didn't come with a free game download. Searched and searched but nothing. Was kind of bummed because my 970 came with Batman. 

Damn bummer, they almost always come with a game. Oh well, still a damn good card I'd def be stoked about having one. 

11 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Damn bummer, they almost always come with a game. Oh well, still a damn good card I'd def be stoked about having one. 

The weird thing though is if you go to the GeForce website it says watch dogs 2 is free with purchase of a 1070/80. I'm not sure if that meant I had to buy it directly from them or not?

@Zazzaro703

good stuff thanks for posting your RE7 impressions. I'm the type to play thru games multiple times even after I've beaten them and unlocked every secret etc. if I enjoy it I'll always play it again at some point so replay value has never been a problem for me. 

Im definitely going to be picking it up at some point 

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

@Zazzaro703

good stuff thanks for posting your RE7 impressions. I'm the type to play thru games multiple times even after I've beaten them and unlocked every secret etc. if I enjoy it I'll always play it again at some point so replay value has never been a problem for me. 

Im definitely going to be picking it up at some point 

My in game timer just rolled over 15 hours and there is still some stuff to go it seems. My steam timer is at 21 hours but I left the game running for 2 hours. I mean I explore every inch of every room but that doesn't account for an extra 6-8 hours, maybe an hour or so. So if you take your time and don't rush through there is a decent size game here.

22 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

I cannot even imagine playing RE7 in VR and not even sure I'd want to.  

Which is the main reason I haven't gotten it yet. You can get REALLY lost into a game with VR. Once I can finally play Rush for Blood without ripping the headset off, and once the price goes down I will probably get it.

I beat RE7. In game timer was at 16:04. I found 66 out 70 collectibles. The game was pretty good, gave me quite a few scares and had me on edge until the end. Like most games, I saved all my items and powerful stuff until the end so I breezed through the end crushing everything with grenade launcher and magnum rounds. I have a bad habit of not using things thinking I'll need them later especially when playing RPGs and before I know it's the end of the game and I have 40 elixirs. I've done worse than spending $3 an hour for the entertainment I got out of RE7. I plan on playing it again on the madhouse difficulty so I'll get more out of the game at some point. This was the RE I remember from my youth, it just had better shooting mechanics.

3 hours ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Still chugging away at RE7....gotta say some of these battles are starting to get annoying. Nothing i hate more than having to replay the same battle 5 or 6 times. 

Which ones in particular? Only one really bothered me and it wasn't so much that it was hard.

So Conan Exiles is pretty much Ark. I only played for 90 minutes or so but it needs some work. I was rubber banding like crazy and I don't think I'll be renting a server anymore until there is more content in the game. The melee combat just felt terrible. I'll maybe give it another shot sometime today but it being early access and all, it def needs a few months worth of patches and content. 

Archived