Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

4 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

You should definitely play through the series.  Fantastic point-and-click.

Yeah I had sort of an epiphany during the latest summer sale, I have roughly 500 games on my steam account and many games that I want to play. So I've been pushing through my backlog trying to get to all these great games I just have sitting in my library. Done a pretty good job the last 6 months. Just bought DLCs for the evil within and rise of the tomb Raider the last sale. But yeah if you want to look at the old monthly bundles I might have a duplicate code for another game or two you might want. 

5 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Conan Exiles coming soon on Steam and Xbox One.  I played Age of Conan when it was released years ago on PC and loved it, until it went F2P.  It was fine for a while after becoming F2P because it was an open world PvP game and I could dungeon hunt and pk/grief newbs.  Eventually, I quit, came back for one of the expansions, quit again.  Still get emails from Funcom and saw they were coming out with this new game. 

Looks a lot like Ark Survival but in a Conan setting.  Probably will give it a shot, but will wait to confirm how many players for multiplayer on XB1, cause I prefer a large quantity of players to fight.  

http://www.conanexiles.com/

Yeah I've been waiting for that to release as well. These are the games that get me and my backlog into trouble though because they never really end. 

Its s also been announced if you are an Orgin Access member you will get early access to the new Mass Effect game before it releases on the 21st.

Some cliff notes off the top of my head:

New Mario game.  Specifically mentioned that it takes after 64 and Sunshine harkening back to the big open sandbox environments, and it looked that way from the video shown.  Also, Mario seems to have entered our world.

Xenoblade 2.  Looks to be a proper sequel to the first Xenoblade Chronicles (not X, but rather the one for the Wii).  Has a little bit different of a graphical direction as far as character design goes; a touch more cartoon-like.  Don't know anything about the story, but there was a gigantic dragon thing at one point perhaps attacking the big ol' tree that was Frontier Village?

Splatoon 2.  Some new weapons and maps and such.

Fire Emblem Warriors.  Mostly just a brief hint about this game.  Looks like it's probably a crossover in the vein of Hyrule Warriors

New Shin Megami Tensei game for the Switch

Square Enix had something called Octopath.  Took old-school Final Fantasy type sprites and put them in a 3D world.  I get the idea that part of the concept, aside from harkening back to the company's past, is that it's supposed to be a big branching storyline so you carve out your own story.

Skyrim is, indeed, coming.

EA's bringing FIFA.

Breath Of The Wild stuff.  Looks like it has voice acting in it and they're pouring in some drama.  Releasing alongside the console.

Speaking of which, March 3rd is the release date.

edit:
Almost forgot a couple things.  They're turning away from region locking for the most part.  Sounds like the option is still there, so there might still be somethings region locked.  Also they're bringing in paid online :(

Edit again; now with videos:

$299 is a little too much for me and the launch titles are weak outside of Zelda, imo.  Also not thrilled at their upcoming titles outside of Mario Kart and Mario and you have to wait until the holidays for Mario Odyssey.  Happy to see them upgrade the online though.  I don't think this system is for me............but........my daughter would love it.  Especially the tablet part.  

Her birthday is in March, so I might pre-order one for it.

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Having 4 games at launch is laughable.

The PS4 had 24, Xbox One had 22.

Stuff like this (and the artificial shortages they create) is why I don't take Nintendo seriously anymore. 

This is true, and it's mostly due to Nintendo's reputation for not having better relations with third party developers and publishers, a history of poor sales on third party games, and Nintendo making systems that only they want to work on. I do think this system is better at being more inclusive to non-Nintendo companies, but the lack of launch titles is a given considering all of the above. 

I pre ordered one with Zelda. For me, Zelda is worth the cost and wait for better games. It is a little laughable that the "launch" window stretches to holiday 2017. I've never heard of such a thing. Being an 80s kid, the first party Nintendo titles are worth it for me because anything on console I can get on PC. Microsoft exclusives now come to Win10 and PSNow is on PC. So it's PC and Nintendo for me still. Surprised not mention of a smash brothers even though that's not my thing. It does seem like Nintendo is ****ing up again. They claim tons of Devs are making games so we will just have to wait and see. 

The original legend of zelda is one of the first Nintendo game I owned and played. I had an intellevison and collecovision with the Atari 2600 attachment as a young kid and the jump to the NES with Mario, Zelda and metroid was just mind blowing for my 7 year old self so I'll always have a soft spot for Nintendo first party titles no matter what they do. Give me a ****ing HD side scrolling metroid though jeez.

Don't see what's particularly kid-oriented about it.  The games being shown off have been pretty much either for everyone (Mario, Arms, Splatoon, etc.) or at perhaps for a little bit older of an audience (Zelda, Xenoblade, Skyrim).

Is there some law that anything bright and colorful is only for kids?

43 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Was his favorite player of all time Mark Chmurra?

:(

40 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Don't see what's particularly kid-oriented about it.  The games being shown off have been pretty much either for everyone (Mario, Arms, Splatoon, etc.) or at perhaps for a little bit older of an audience (Zelda, Xenoblade, Skyrim).

PC/Nintendo master race envy. Kidding. Nintendo has always been family oriented and I'm glad they do what they do. PS4 and Xbox One are just handicapped PCs so why would Nintendo make a 3rd gimped PC? Breath of the Wild will be in game of the year conversations, which is good because that's all they have to carry the system for awhile. A lot of Devs have said they are excited to work on the system and it seems like Nintendo was trying to keep things so undercover that they didn't send out development kits until it was too late to get games out at launch. As long as 2018 has a strong lineup of 3rd party games they will be fine. If not, oh well the switch will just join my other Nintendo consoles that I own with a small library of first party titles. 

52 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

No big deal, I just prefer guns, ass, titties, horrible language, explosions and severed limbs

Was just thinking again about that Andromeda vid.

That helmsman sounded like a Salarian. Joker was one of the best characters in all of ME. So many gutbusting moments of hilarity, and kick-ass piloting.

You can improve on nearly every aspect of the original trilogy, but Joker (and maybe the Illusive Man) are simply impossible to replace

Archived