Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

The combat is okay, I've kinda gotten used to it but its still kinda clunky. You kinda have to manipulate animations and things like that which I've never enjoyed doing. Just for comparison Witcher 3's action RPG combat was WAAAAAAAAAY better.

I can't stand having to drive around in a car for what feels like forever to do side quests way out in the middle of nowhere, then drive all the way back. Oh and now its night time, so I have to sleep because you get destroyed at night by those godlike monsters.

I don't like how magic works. Magic has been a staple of FF gameplay but in this one its like a side thing and having to constantly craft spells is just a chore and not fun.

And the party style gameplay is poorly done. Your party members are just really there but often it feels like they aren't doing much unless you're using those techniques(admittedly some of them are pretty cool and nifty).

And then there is so many lame and cringey things. I mean a guy who takes pictures/selfies during combat? The mix of modern setting with fantasy stuff doesn't mesh very well.

I don't know, I'm just disappointed by it. I'll probably stick with it, just doing main story only to beat it(may as well get my money's worth).

Men no longer fear monsters... They fear Me.

I lol'd when he started running. I tried to to model everything about the character (christened Lord Salistaire Bromwulf via a Skyrim name generator lol) from Dracula Untold from his appearance to his playstyle and spells. I can't summon a wave of bats but there is a mod that lets me summon an army of Dragons and Giants, and one massive werewolf. I can also command any animal near me to fight

The annoyance from my ruined Woodland Elf play through has been replaced by perverse delight. I started him as a normal Breton, then travelled to Dimhollow Crypt and the Volkihar Castle after saving the girl and was given an offer I couldn't refuse

Forgot to mention, perhaps one of the greatest JRPG 360 games is free to download for the Xbox One until the end of the month.

Lost Odyssey

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Odyssey

http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Lost-Odyssey/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5 307fa?DownloadType=Game

Also..there is a new firmware update for the One that is supposed to boost download speeds (of the console) by up to 80%. Of course it's dependent on your internet service.

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Be warned..its about 22gig. I downloaded it last night after the firmware update and did notice an improvement in download speeds...

Thanks, I should be alright. I've never had download issues with either my X1 or PS4. I can get 22 GB done pretty quickly. I'll be playing FFXV on the PS4 anyway so no biggie. 

7 minutes ago, mark327 said:

Quick question for you guys, 

I've never bought a downloaded full game on ps4.  Is that able to be downloaded on multiple ps4's if you own more then one?

Kind of.  

Yes, if you log in, it will download. 

IF you have 2 PS4's in your home and are looking for 2 people to play at the same time, you have to "game share". To game share, you have to activate the second PS4 as "yours", then download the game.  The second person will then have to log in and the game will be available to them.

I do that.  I have 2 PS4's and my son and I play together all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Not happy about it, but I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2TB internal HD to replace the **** 500 GB factory in the PS4.  Sony, again........you can go **** yourself for not allowing an external hard drive to be used for game storage like the Xbox One.  Makes no sense, seriously go **** your self.  

Anyhow, it's gotten to the point that I'm having to delete a game to just install updates for another game.  Then reload the game again.  So, this will be a blessing, but is going to be a huge pain in the ass because I'll have to re-download and re-install every game again.  Most likely, I'll just let it do it overnight.  

On Fri Dec 16 2016 at 9:34 AM, codeorama said:

Kind of.  

Yes, if you log in, it will download. 

IF you have 2 PS4's in your home and are looking for 2 people to play at the same time, you have to "game share". To game share, you have to activate the second PS4 as "yours", then download the game.  The second person will then have to log in and the game will be available to them.

I do that.  I have 2 PS4's and my son and I play together all the time.

Late response thanks Code, 

Ended up just buying the disc don't have any room in the one ps4 anyway.

Also didn't realize  that ps+ cannot be used on multiple ps4's like the ps3. Wasn't crazy about having to buy that as well . 

15 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Not happy about it, but I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2TB internal HD to replace the **** 500 GB factory in the PS4.  Sony, again........you can go **** yourself for not allowing an external hard drive to be used for game storage like the Xbox One.  Makes no sense, seriously go **** your self.  

Anyhow, it's gotten to the point that I'm having to delete a game to just install updates for another game.  Then reload the game again.  So, this will be a blessing, but is going to be a huge pain in the ass because I'll have to re-download and re-install every game again.  Most likely, I'll just let it do it overnight.  

Would love to do this to mine as well. Only i don't think technology and me are on the same page. Tried to fix the heat shield in a ps3 . Needless to say that ps3 is  a box of parts. Build a house,  yes . Electronics he'll no. :-(

55 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Bamma has been on my friends list for a good 3-4 years, don't believe I've ever played a single game with him LOL.  

52 minutes ago, mark327 said:

I have umdterpsfan on my friends list from back in the early days of cod2.

Can't remember who he is as well and have not played any games with him since. 

Ok so that makes 4 of us who have him on our list and not a ****ing clue who he is....lol.

I noticed he had played a PSVR game too...was hoping to get him on EVE:Valkyrie with me

32 minutes ago, mark327 said:

Would love to do this to mine as well. Only i don't think technology and me are on the same page. Tried to fix the heat shield in a ps3 . Needless to say that ps3 is  a box of parts. Build a house,  yes . Electronics he'll no. :-(

Even though Sony is a bunch of assholes by not allowing external hard drives, they apparently made it very easy to access and upgrade the internal hard drive.  

The first step so you don't lose your game saves is you need a USB flash drive at least 2+ GB (they recommend at least 1 GB, but I didn't want to take the chance).  Plug it into your PC/Labtop and go to Sony's website and download the system software onto the flash drive.  You just have to create two folders on the flash drive first:  PS4 folder then an UPDATE folder within the PS4 folder (both names must be in all caps) then download the PS4 software file in the update folder.  

Then you plug the flash drive into one of the front USB ports on the front of the PS4.  You go into your settings and then into "application saved data management" and there is a "saved data storage" (something like that) where it has all your game data saved on the system, you have the option to copy it to the USB drive.  You need to do that with all your profiles on the PS4.  They just need to go directly on the drive, not in any folder and it doesn't matter about being all together with your other profiles as they are specific to each profile, so when you go to add them back, they won't even show up unless you are logged into that profile.

You need to shut the PS4 completely off, unplug from the wall.  If you have the original PS4, the skinny rectangular top pannel on the left (looking at the front) slides off and the hard drive is right there on top.  You just have to unscrew the mount, swap them out, remount it, put the top back on.  Then you plug in the USB flash drive, plug in one controller into the other USB port, hold the power button for 7 seconds to enter safe mode and the option to reinstall software is there and you are on your way.

Once it's installed, you have to go through and reinstall your games.  Then after the games are installed, copy the game save data back to the new hard drive.  I did read that it will not show a game save on the flash drive until the game has been reinstalled onto the new hard drive.  Seems like a lot, but it's pretty simple, just extremely time consuming with having to reinstall all the games.  That is going to take days for me most likely.  I have 14 games I'll need to reinstall.  Most online since I bought the digital version.  

That's what is so great about my Xbox.  I literally bought an external hard drive, plugged it in the side via USB, it then popped up that it needed to be formatted for their operating system, formatted it (took about 1 minute).  Then went into my storage settings, made the external drive the primary drive, copied all my games from the internal drive to the new external (which was extremely fast too) and was set.  

Shameless, embarrassing plug/request.  But ES is family so I asking for a favor.  I trust you guys to be honest and rip this crap to shreds.

Wife made a side-by-side real time video of us yesterday playing BF1, and am looking for any feedback, negative preferred.  Other than a few of my personal friends, you're the first ones to watch it (if you care to).  

Forgive the language and randomness.  I tend to blabber when I'm high.  I wanted my wife to edit out my crazy comments that made no sense but she thought me embarrassing myself was funny :(  I tried to say "dog-1 is open" like Sizemore in Saving Private Ryan but it went all wrong, also mentioned some weird **** about postmortem.  No idea wtf I was talking about :(  anywho....let a brotha know.  Please, be brutal.  

Couple things:  mic quality sucks, we're ordering better mics.  sound and video quality not great, PS4 can only capture 720 30 FPS, we're ordering 4k video capturing equipment.

9 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Shameless, embarrassing plug/request.  But ES is family so I asking for a favor.  I trust you guys to be honest and rip this crap to shreds.

Wife made a side-by-side real time video of us yesterday playing BF1, and am looking for any feedback, negative preferred.  Other than a few of my personal friends, you're the first ones to watch it (if you care to).  

Forgive the language and randomness.  I tend to blabber when I'm high.  I wanted my wife to edit out my crazy comments that made no sense but she thought me embarrassing myself was funny :(  I tried to say "dog-1 is open" like Sizemore in Saving Private Ryan but it went all wrong, also mentioned some weird **** about postmortem.  No idea wtf I was talking about :( 

anywho....let a brotha know.  Please, be brutal.  

LOL, I didn't watch it in it's entirety, but sounded routine to me on what I watched :P   Be glad I wasn't on there with you, nobody want's to hear me cussing with a southern draw the entire time lol

Be mic'd up with @youngchew and conversation like:

Chew:  Got that ****, headshot!  We taking B now.

Me:  On my way.  Mother ****er!  ****ing chump sniped me from a mile away. 

Me:  Respawning on you Chew.  

Chew:  Huge wave of people coming over the hill. ****ing camping ass snipers!

Me:  Take that mother ****er!  Bullet to the mouth ****!  Yeah, how's that ****ing gas grenade taste you ****ing douche.  Drink it in man!

Me:  Damn it to ****ing hell!  Sniper got me.

*Tazette enters room*

Me:  Hey sweetheart.  What's up?

Tazette:  Daddy, you just died.

Tazette:  You should learn to aim.  *giggles*  You're horrible at this game

Me:  Yeah, I'm not doing too good.  Run along and play or watch some TV.

Me:  I love you sweetie.

*focus is back to the game*

Me:  Sorry, tazette was distracting me.

Chew:  Take that ****er.  We hitting C now.

Me:  On my way.  Mother ****ing, asshole sniper.  Eat ****!  Damn it.  

Me:  Respawning on you Chew.

Got drawn in and Watched entire match.  Haven't played in about 2 weeks . Chew your wife is so calm playing and you are a total opposite.  Like DTMB says I'd be cussing a storm up. 

Loved all those limpet kills that thing is great . I lost count on how many kills you got with that.  Thumbs up on the video.  

Archived