Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Yeah that's strange. It was big for me, because back then, the only Rockstar games that I knew of were the GTA Series, Midnight Club, State of Emergency and Manhunt.

I was stoked beyond belief that they were going West with RDR. Because I loved Westerns so much even back then, it was a pretty big deal.

Great music (largely from Morriconne), revolutionary "Deadeye" system, awesome two player. It (along with San Andreas, which launched around the same time) pretty much  cemented Rock star as Kings of the gaming industry imo

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It's about damn time 

Can't blame Nintendo for keeping it close to their chest.  They announce the Wii, and Sony subsequently copies with the sixaxis (and then the Move) and Microsoft comes in with the Kinect.  They announce the Wii U and Sony comes in with Vita connectivity and Microsoft comes in with Smart Glass.

So now that the holidays are again fast approaching, which console has an edge? I haven't gotten either system yet but thinking of finally pursuing one this Christmas. I'm leaning towards the thought process of getting the console that most of my friends have (xbox1), but I grew up a Playstation fan-boy. I know that there isn't a "right" move, but I'm really struggling with this lol. Any thoughts? 

2 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Why would they create a console that uses cartridges? I like Nintendo but good god they do dumb ****. Just build a cool console that rivals the Xbox and PS and stop with the gimmicky BS. 

If you just want another Xbox or Playstation, get an Xbox or a Playstation.  Plus, I'm not sure I'd really call that a cartridge; looks more like a card like what they've been using on mobile devices since the DS.  Plus a Blu Ray disc has no business in a small portable device.  The disc drive alone would add tons of bulk, and would not be happy getting bumped around.

11 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Can't blame Nintendo for keeping it close to their chest.  They announce the Wii, and Sony subsequently copies with the sixaxis (and then the Move) and Microsoft comes in with the Kinect.  They announce the Wii U and Sony comes in with Vita connectivity and Microsoft comes in with Smart Glass.

It wouldn't be so easy to copy their schtick if they didn't make it what their system is all about. Sony and Microsoft added those features as add-ons, not the main sell for the system. 

2 hours ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

So now that the holidays are again fast approaching, which console has an edge? I haven't gotten either system yet but thinking of finally pursuing one this Christmas. I'm leaning towards the thought process of getting the console that most of my friends have (xbox1), but I grew up a Playstation fan-boy. I know that there isn't a "right" move, but I'm really struggling with this lol. Any thoughts? 

Get the one that fits up with your situation.  Meaning, if the vast majority of your friends have an XB1, buy that so you can play with them.  Both consoles from a gaming perspective are about as close to equal as far as graphics and gameplay.  I have both and love them equally.  But with the XB1 you can add an external hard drive for extra storage and it's very affordable.  I only spent 80 bucks on a 2 TB external hard drive and plugged it right into the USB port and it formatted and was running perfectly in less than 2 minutes.

PS4 does not allow external hard drives to run games, only some media.  If you want to expand the storage on that, you have to buy an internal hard drive and manually install it.  You are also limited on what will fit under the hood.  Xbox One is geared towards a lot of media fancy features.  

Unless there are PS4 exclusive games you can't live without, then I'd say go Xbox to play online with your friends.  And I give an extra bonus for the storage situation.  My PS4 is basically full right now and I have to delete games to add games.  Sadly, this generation of consoles for both loads the entire game onto the hard drive, even if you have the disc.  So it takes up a ton of space.

Honestly, on the Xbox One, I'll never buy another disc, I'll just buy the digital download and with my external hard drive, never have to really worry about space.  I have about 30 games on it now, and sitting at only 29% used space lol

Gotta admire Packer standing strong defending Nintendo :D   

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

And using a small card instead of an optical disc is a gimmick?

Look at the thing dude. It's as gimmicky as the Wii and the WiiU. Nintendo has incredible games but they just keep doing this stupid **** with their consoles. And yes, you're completely biased so it's hard to have this discussion with you. 

19 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Get the one that fits up with your situation.  Meaning, if the vast majority of your friends have an XB1, buy that so you can play with them.  Both consoles from a gaming perspective are about as close to equal as far as graphics and gameplay.  I have both and love them equally.  But with the XB1 you can add an external hard drive for extra storage and it's very affordable.  I only spent 80 bucks on a 2 TB external hard drive and plugged it right into the USB port and it formatted and was running perfectly in less than 2 minutes.

PS4 does not allow external hard drives to run games, only some media.  If you want to expand the storage on that, you have to buy an internal hard drive and manually install it.  You are also limited on what will fit under the hood.  Xbox One is geared towards a lot of media fancy features.  

Unless there are PS4 exclusive games you can't live without, then I'd say go Xbox to play online with your friends.  And I give an extra bonus for the storage situation.  My PS4 is basically full right now and I have to delete games to add games.  Sadly, this generation of consoles for both loads the entire game onto the hard drive, even if you have the disc.  So it takes up a ton of space.

Honestly, on the Xbox One, I'll never buy another disc, I'll just buy the digital download and with my external hard drive, never have to really worry about space.  I have about 30 games on it now, and sitting at only 29% used space lol

Gotta admire Packer standing strong defending Nintendo :D   

I don't disagree with much Taze has stated except IMO, the PS4's graphics are noticeably better than Xbox One's I have both and love both for different reasons.

However, I have several games on both systems and I can easily notice the difference. The graphics are a notch lower on XB. 

However, as Taze has pointed out, the xbox is set up much better for expanding storage.

37 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Look at the thing dude. It's as gimmicky as the Wii and the WiiU. Nintendo has incredible games but they just keep doing this stupid **** with their consoles. And yes, you're completely biased so it's hard to have this discussion with you. 

You were speaking about the use of the little card for game storage when you made your complaint about gimmicks.  Also, I don't see what makes me any more biased than you or anyone else.  I do readily accept that I have my own opinion that differs from the current mainstream, but I do not think that qualifies as bias any more than your opinions qualify as bias.

Question: am I really going to be missing out on a lot if I play Gears 4 without playing any of the others? Gears 4 comes with the other three, and I know they're all classics that I do intend to play at some point, but I really want to play a new multiplayer online shooter and I've heard great things about the MP in this one (less so the campaign).

Archived