Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Alright fellas, looking to buy another gaming monitor for my bonus room.  The one I have now is a BenQ 24", 60 Hz, 1ms GTG gaming monitor.  I love it and I loved the bang for the buck (only cost $179).  It's been discontinued and to buy it again, best price I can find is $235 on Amazon.  I'm not going to pay $55 more for the same monitor, especially when I could get that model in 27" for $257.

Anyhow, looking for some recommendations for another gaming monitor, with good specs and affordable like the BenQ is.  Let's say under $300, preferably around the $250-275 price range.  24" or 27" is what I'm looking for as far as screen size.  Any suggestions?  

I would just go with the 27" BenQ. I'd like to get a gaming monitor to use for my Xbox One, and leave my PS4 where my 47" LG is. 

Why do you need a new one?

2 hours ago, Taylor703 said:

Nah dude the PS4 Pro

Oh, I heard it wasn't much of an upgrade over the PS4 so I didn't even bother looking into it. One of my podcast said the only reason Sony made it is because the regular PS4 is incapable of doing their VR headset any justice. 

33 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I would just go with the 27" BenQ. I'd like to get a gaming monitor to use for my Xbox One, and leave my PS4 where my 47" LG is. 

Why do you need a new one?

The one I have right now is on the main floor in my office.  I have my PC, Xbox One and PS4 all hooked up to it.  We are redoing a lot of stuff in the house (flooring, moving my daughters room to the bigger one, etc.) and I told the wife and kid that I'm taking back my bonus room.  Right now, it's a mess because of the kiddo and the wife usually works up there when she works from home in the evenings.  So there is a ton of her work stuff in there.  

So I'm kicking them out of that room lol.  Gonna make it back to a true man cave again.  Gonna split up the systems and have one upstairs and one downstairs.  

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The one I have right now is on the main floor in my office.  I have my PC, Xbox One and PS4 all hooked up to it.  We are redoing a lot of stuff in the house (flooring, moving my daughters room to the bigger one, etc.) and I told the wife and kid that I'm taking back my bonus room.  Right now, it's a mess because of the kiddo and the wife usually works up there when she works from home in the evenings.  So there is a ton of her work stuff in there.  

So I'm kicking them out of that room lol.  Gonna make it back to a true man cave again.  Gonna split up the systems and have one upstairs and one downstairs.  

I have a similar plan. I need to follow through with transforming the extra room in my basement into an office. I end up doing a lot of work from home, and I planned on getting a USB cradle to connect my laptop to dual monitors for work. On the other side of the desk I wanted to get a BenQ and setup my Xbox One. That way I can do gaming and still keep an eye on stuff I'm monitoring for work. 

I rarely play the PS4, and when I do, it's mostly Sony exclusives/single player games. I can keep that in the entertainment room of the basement with LG. 

14 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

I don't like that paragon/renegade decisions have been removed. What is the rationale behind that? 

The impression I get is that the same opposite dialogue choices will still be in the game it just won't have the meter that says hey this guy is good or bad. 

They felt that system was too black/white and they want to introduce shades of grey and make it more nuanced, given the more complex narratives and morality games today. They think it will give players more freedom to play how they want and feel is right in each given situation without each choice ticking a meter in a direction, since both actions could be right or both could be wrong 

I like that. as fun as it was at times, there were plenty of times where both paragon/renegade options were ass juice.

And if you played the fence, you just got a watered down version of the same outcome. they can definitely improve on that

Can't wait to see what they've done with the biotic class soldiers (those detonation sounds still give me wood) and hope it involves giving more freedom to the range of powers, like what was shown with ME3's multiplayer. 

In my heart im an Infiltrator (sniper rifle God), but Vanguard was really fun, as was Pure Biotic, just de-mattering bammas everywhere

I'm days away from choosing between an Xbox One or a PS4.  Right now, I'm leaning towards PS4.

I played quite a bit of the PS1, and a little PS2, but never the PS3 or PS4.  Xbox has had me since Halo 1.  I still play on my 360.

Halo has dropped off the map, and I feel like a refreshing change will be welcome.  I really liked the exclusive games Playstation had back in the day.  Twisted Metal still around??? :ols:

So any Devil's Advocates that can do me a solid and try to talk me out of this, please present your cases.  It's cheaper, for one.  I really like that the left joystick is above the D-pad on the Xbox...but, what else?

I'm going to play a lot of multiplayer, I'm wondering about what the current state of competition is on each console.  Anybody think it's lighter on the Xbox now?  Used to be thought that Xbox had the better players overall.  Being away for so long, I'm in the dark.  It's not a huge deal if it's not noticeable, I just don't want to go play in Single-A when I've been in Double-A.

Thanks for yall's input on this important matter.

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I like that. as fun as it was at times, there were plenty of times where both paragon/renegade options were ass juice.

And if you played the fence, you just got a watered down version of the same outcome. they can definitely improve on that

Can't wait to see what they've done with the biotic class soldiers (those detonation sounds still give me wood) and hope it involves giving more freedom to the range of powers, like what was shown with ME3's multiplayer. 

In my heart im an Infiltrator (sniper rifle God), but Vanguard was really fun, as was Pure Biotic, just de-mattering bammas everywhere

I've played maybe 30 minutes of Mass Effect. Every time you post about it though Sin it makes me want to pick them all up. They're all backwards compatible now too.

1 hour ago, Taylor703 said:

I've played maybe 30 minutes of Mass Effect. Every time you post about it though Sin it makes me want to pick them all up. They're all backwards compatible now too.

You won't regret it. The first one starts out a little clunky but give it time and get lost in the world. You'll be sucked in shortly after 

9 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I'm days away from choosing between an Xbox One or a PS4.  Right now, I'm leaning towards PS4.

I played quite a bit of the PS1, and a little PS2, but never the PS3 or PS4.  Xbox has had me since Halo 1.  I still play on my 360.

Halo has dropped off the map, and I feel like a refreshing change will be welcome.  I really liked the exclusive games Playstation had back in the day.  Twisted Metal still around??? :ols:

So any Devil's Advocates that can do me a solid and try to talk me out of this, please present your cases.  It's cheaper, for one.  I really like that the left joystick is above the D-pad on the Xbox...but, what else?

I'm going to play a lot of multiplayer, I'm wondering about what the current state of competition is on each console.  Anybody think it's lighter on the Xbox now?  Used to be thought that Xbox had the better players overall.  Being away for so long, I'm in the dark.  It's not a huge deal if it's not noticeable, I just don't want to go play in Single-A when I've been in Double-A.

Thanks for yall's input on this important matter.

The competition is even across platforms, imo, I don't see a huge gap in games I play on both consoles.  That is just my assessment, not sure exactly how you can measure that though, I don't feel like games are any harder or easier when I play them on both (really the only thing I can think of).  Now that both charge monthly online fees (where it used to only be Xbox), the whinny, immature kids are spread across both consoles as opposed to migrating towards Sony (PS3 days).

Devils advocate, five reasons to buy a PS4:  Chewy, Springy, Doc, Goonie, Taze 

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The info I posted came from the GI podcast about their time with the game. When they talked about BioWare wanting to combine the depth and RPG elements of ME1 with the combat of ME3, they specifically said the ME3 multiplayer combat 

That's exactly how I've been thinking. 1's storyline depth and speech options, with 3's weapons and combat. That jetpack boost bit also reminded me of the Turian Ghost from mp so I already had a feeling they were bringing it all together.

Man, this could be epic ^_^

The N7 soldier stuff scared the hell out of me earlier, but now that I know the plot, I am hyped

These underground quests on Skyrim are hella repetitive.

I am a Dunmer Mage, specializing in destruction and illusion magic, and I have made the college in Winterhold my base

Action is fun, the misc quests are fun, but the cave stuff, and quests that involve the cave stuff, are a gigantic ball of meh.

And those draugr mummy bosses that hit you with the kamehameha, are seriously annoying, as are bandit archers that **** you up with arrows

The lore mod with the books and stuff is pretty cool too. Helps me know what exactly is going on since this is my first foray into The Elder Scrolls franchise

Looking to buy a new headset that is compatible with both Xbox One and PS4.  I'd prefer wireless, but if too expensive, wired is fine.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I've been looking around, most seem very high priced and I don't care about the surround sound stuff, going to be using it exclusively just to talk on while gaming mulitplayer, actual game sound will be coming through my speakers.

4 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Looking to buy a new headset that is compatible with both Xbox One and PS4.  I'd prefer wireless, but if too expensive, wired is fine.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I've been looking around, most seem very high priced and I don't care about the surround sound stuff, going to be using it exclusively just to talk on while gaming mulitplayer, actual game sound will be coming through my speakers.

How do you want to have it setup? There are a lot of headsets out there that are quality, and are compatible with both PS4 and X1, but you'd need to get up and move stuff around. I like to use my headset with both, and when I'm just watching TV late at night and don't want to wake up the wife and kids. So what you'll need to do that, is a TV that has an optical port, and a headset that uses a HUB/Mixamp to be the go between your headset, TV and your systems. 

I'm currently using the Astro A40 TR, with an updated Astro A30 mixamp. I may just go and buy the A40 mixamp at some point, because I'm constantly changing volume settings. But those who get the mixamp designed with it don't see them to have any problems. 

The Tritton Katana isn't bad, although it wasn't for me. Razor makes good headsets too. 

14 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/itemdetails/GXD0L03745/460/42C705410A574F998E810C8B32EABB79#GXD0L03745

I have heard these are really good. Guy i watch on Twitch is partnered with Lenovo and he says they are starting to really put some time and money into the gaming department. He still streams with A40s but they are like $200. These are like $30. 

15 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Check the Amazon warehouse deals. I got my polks for less then $100. 

23 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

These underground quests on Skyrim are hella repetitive.

I am a Dunmer Mage, specializing in destruction and illusion magic, and I have made the college in Winterhold my base

Action is fun, the misc quests are fun, but the cave stuff, and quests that involve the cave stuff, are a gigantic ball of meh.

And those draugr mummy bosses that hit you with the kamehameha, are seriously annoying, as are bandit archers that **** you up with arrows

The lore mod with the books and stuff is pretty cool too. Helps me know what exactly is going on since this is my first foray into The Elder Scrolls franchise

Thats one of the big issues with Skyrim. The dungeons get fairly repetitive. Theyre basically all the same layout.

So I went ahead and got World of Final Fantasy. Its kinda like a Final Fantasy-Pokemon hybrid. If you're a big Final Fantasy fan like I am I'd recommend it, or if you like JRPGs in general.

If you a Gold member on Xbox - the BF deals have dropped a week early (as promised).

Titanfall ll 2 Digital for $34.99 and Witcher III Complete Edition for $25 (again, digitally) seem like solid pickups. Both can be found cheaper on disc..but if you have expiring Microsoft credit (or just a lot of credit to begin with)..the difference in prices isn't much.

www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions/sales/black-friday

edit..SlickDeals has a good list of them so far.

https://slickdeals.net/f/9362035-xbox-digital-games-sale-multiple-titles-being-added-xbox-com-marketplace?src=pdw

Rainbow Six Siege is also on sale in the PS4 store for 1/2 price ($24.99) through 11/22/16.  Great FPS, imo.  Nothing like CoD or BF.  Very different, but great experience.  I think it's one of the best FPS out there, at worst, 2nd to BF1.  Biggest knock on the game is no single player (which I don't care about) and lack of maps and game modes.  But for how the game is designed and focused on objectives with no respawn when you die in a round, I find it more than enough to enjoy.  It's held my interest the past year now.  

Another small knock is minimal weapon customization, but I can get over that, because that is the case in BF1 too.  

Archived