Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

40 minutes ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

Been struggling with which system to pull the trigger on, but with PS4 pro coming out, that might tip the scale. I don't care about 4K gaming or VR or anything, but the extra power in general may still pay off down the road. I grew up on Playstation anyway. 

XBone Scorpio is also gonna be a thing, though, which should be more powerful than the PS4 Pro, if I recall correctly.  If you ask me, though, what you should be looking for is which console has the exclusives you want.  Or build a PC.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Anyone have the Xbox S? Black Friday has the Xbox S BF1 combo for $250. 

Want to know how much better these games look in 4k.

The Xbox One S can display 4K video, but not games in 4K. The Scorpio coming out next year will be capable of doing that. 

Btw, my Astro A30s broke and I bought the Tritton Katana. Was kinda disappointed. It was true 7.1 surround sound, and I heard some sounds and words from characters I'd never heard before. But overall the sound seemed flat and not as rich as my A30s. What alsondidnt help was my mic was defective(mute button wouldn't work) and the mic monitoring wasn't working either. 

So after I returned it to Amazon, I saved some money and got the Astro A40 TR PC headset and just kept my A30 mixamp and flashed the firmware. I'm really satisfied and I'm looking into getting a noise canceling mod kit now. 

4 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Well... we'll see about the Scorpio.

You doubt Microsoft will pull it off? 

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Can someone explain to me this PS4 pro?

It upgrades the video to 4k, but does not have a 4k drive. Basically you are just getting a bump in resolution. If you already have a PS4, I actually recommend the VR. 

Mass Effect Andromeda is the Game Informer cover story this month! 

Some pieces of info. 

- MEA hopes to combine the depth and RPG elements of ME1 (but improved) with the combat of ME3

- Greater focus on exploration with optional planets each containing side missions, not just fairly worthless mining like Me1s etc

- Redesigned Mako called the Nomad for planetary exploration. Team worked with Need for Speed developers to get handling improved. No vehicular combat either to focus on improved controls and exploration  

- Some elements of series are removed such as Renegade/Paragon

- you're not boxed into skill sets based on class. You will have every skill available to you (maybe not right away) and csn mix and match developing them based on your play style preferences such as a mix of soldier and biotic skills 

- Loyalty missions are back but are optional and won't impact the ending such as "didn't do this loyalty mission, that person dies" it may be more subtle or complex than that 

Story takes place with the Andromeda Initiative which is a mission to explore the new galaxy. They leave for this mission between ME 2-3 (officially takes place 600 years after Me2) so most people aren't even aware of the Reaper threat. I be clear, these characters aren't fleeing the galaxy from the Reaper invasion 

- the main character is a twin, either Sarah Ryder or Scott Ryder (first names can change, sure we will see lots Dick Ryders) and your family plays an important part in the game. No matter which gender you choose the sibling will remain an important part of the story and you can design both characters and the Father who is also on board the ship with you. Apparently there is some type of Ryder family mystery that is important to the story 

- Andromeda Initiative contained 4 Arks /ships, one each for Humans, Asari, Salarian and Turian. Lots of new races to meet and some older ones as well. 

-speaking of ships, no load times inside the ship so you don't have to decide between talking to someone or not because you don't want to go through the damn elevator load screen. Load times doe exist in game but they are shorter and designed to be more immersive such as when you are landing on a planet, it's improved upon the load time waiting and then the landing cut scene. 

-planets are designed to have more variety and environmental hazards to consider such as heat that slowly drops health 

-companions can't die based on our decisions. I don't like this at all but I'm sure it's just for this game to setup these new characters and then they will rip our hearts out in future games after being attached to them. Our choices are still said to have great impact and effect on things though 

thats all I can remember off the top of my head. Sounds amazing 

Did a lot of reading yesterday about the Scorpio. Seems like the console is going to be legit. GPU in it is crazy powerful right now. By the time it releases next year it will be equivalent to a mid-range PC.

Console will never be as powerful as PC but this one may be the closest. Sounds like MS has high hopes for this one and they believe it will change the console forever.

Regarding the PS pro pretty crappy that it doesn't come with a 4k DVD player. For that reason alone i would buy the S over it. But i will wait next fall for the Scorpio. 

15 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Regarding the PS pro pretty crappy that it doesn't come with a 4k DVD player. For that reason alone i would buy the S over it. But i will wait next fall for the Scorpio. 

I had the same thoughts. I was about to pull the trigger and get the S, but then wife surprised me and got the VR. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Mass Effect Andromeda is the Game Informer cover story this month! 

Some pieces of info. 

Reveal hidden contents

- MEA hopes to combine the depth and RPG elements of ME1 (but improved) with the combat of ME3

- Greater focus on exploration with optional planets each containing side missions, not just fairly worthless mining like Me1s etc

- Redesigned Mako called the Nomad for planetary exploration. Team worked with Need for Speed developers to get handling improved. No vehicular combat either to focus on improved controls and exploration  

- Some elements of series are removed such as Renegade/Paragon

- you're not boxed into skill sets based on class. You will have every skill available to you (maybe not right away) and csn mix and match developing them based on your play style preferences such as a mix of soldier and biotic skills 

- Loyalty missions are back but are optional and won't impact the ending such as "didn't do this loyalty mission, that person dies" it may be more subtle or complex than that 

Story takes place with the Andromeda Initiative which is a mission to explore the new galaxy. They leave for this mission between ME 2-3 (officially takes place 600 years after Me2) so most people aren't even aware of the Reaper threat. I be clear, these characters aren't fleeing the galaxy from the Reaper invasion 

- the main character is a twin, either Sarah Ryder or Scott Ryder (first names can change, sure we will see lots Dick Ryders) and your family plays an important part in the game. No matter which gender you choose the sibling will remain an important part of the story and you can design both characters and the Father who is also on board the ship with you. Apparently there is some type of Ryder family mystery that is important to the story 

- Andromeda Initiative contained 4 Arks /ships, one each for Humans, Asari, Salarian and Turian. Lots of new races to meet and some older ones as well. 

-speaking of ships, no load times inside the ship so you don't have to decide between talking to someone or not because you don't want to go through the damn elevator load screen. Load times doe exist in game but they are shorter and designed to be more immersive such as when you are landing on a planet, it's improved upon the load time waiting and then the landing cut scene. 

-planets are designed to have more variety and environmental hazards to consider such as heat that slowly drops health 

-companions can't die based on our decisions. I don't like this at all but I'm sure it's just for this game to setup these new characters and then they will rip our hearts out in future games after being attached to them. Our choices are still said to have great impact and effect on things though 

thats all I can remember off the top of my head. Sounds amazing 

I don't like that paragon/renegade decisions have been removed. What is the rationale behind that? 

14 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

From what I read yesterday it doesn't actually play in true 4K. It was really weird. I didn't really understand what it was saying...

The Scorpio or the S? 

Alright fellas, looking to buy another gaming monitor for my bonus room.  The one I have now is a BenQ 24", 60 Hz, 1ms GTG gaming monitor.  I love it and I loved the bang for the buck (only cost $179).  It's been discontinued and to buy it again, best price I can find is $235 on Amazon.  I'm not going to pay $55 more for the same monitor, especially when I could get that model in 27" for $257.

Anyhow, looking for some recommendations for another gaming monitor, with good specs and affordable like the BenQ is.  Let's say under $300, preferably around the $250-275 price range.  24" or 27" is what I'm looking for as far as screen size.  Any suggestions?  

5 minutes ago, Xameil said:

The reasoning as per Sony was because they believe the future of gaming is streaming, so a 4k drive would be unnecessary. they are going all in on the streaming it seems.

Streaming is the future.  I haven't bought a movie on disc (blu-ray) in two years.  If you haven't heard of Vudu, check out Vudu.com.  It's great, huge movie and TV series catalog.  You can rent or buy the movies.  And all the movies get released earlier than the DVD street date.  Like 2-3 weeks earlier (something like that).

You can buy/rent them in SD, HD, UHD.  And they have their app available everywhere (Smart TVs, both consoles, etc.).   I love it man, fantastic service.  

51 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Nah dude the PS4 Pro

Review of the Pro

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/11/07/playstation-pro-review.aspx

38 minutes ago, Xameil said:

The reasoning as per Sony was because they believe the future of gaming is streaming, so a 4k drive would be unnecessary. they are going all in on the streaming it seems.

Which is funny b/c they are reporting the sales of Ultra HD DVD are selling 4x faster than when Blu-rays were released.

At this time i dont see the point in buying either one other than you want a 4k DVD player. But on black Friday you can get an S with BF1 for $250 which is a pretty good deal. 

45 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Alright fellas, looking to buy another gaming monitor for my bonus room.  The one I have now is a BenQ 24", 60 Hz, 1ms GTG gaming monitor.  I love it and I loved the bang for the buck (only cost $179).  It's been discontinued and to buy it again, best price I can find is $235 on Amazon.  I'm not going to pay $55 more for the same monitor, especially when I could get that model in 27" for $257.

Anyhow, looking for some recommendations for another gaming monitor, with good specs and affordable like the BenQ is.  Let's say under $300, preferably around the $250-275 price range.  24" or 27" is what I'm looking for as far as screen size.  Any suggestions?  

Get a curved monitor man. Those things look badass. 

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Streaming is the future.  I haven't bought a movie on disc (blu-ray) in two years.  If you haven't heard of Vudu, check out Vudu.com.  It's great, huge movie and TV series catalog.  You can rent or buy the movies.  And all the movies get released earlier than the DVD street date.  Like 2-3 weeks earlier (something like that).

You can buy/rent them in SD, HD, UHD.  And they have their app available everywhere (Smart TVs, both consoles, etc.).   I love it man, fantastic service.  

Yeah I know. I have amazon prime, so we stream movies all the time. but none in 4k. In the article I read they indicated that the Internet is not ready to stream 4k games.

Archived