Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

15 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

You were speaking about the use of the little card for game storage when you made your complaint about gimmicks.  Also, I don't see what makes me any more biased than you or anyone else.  I do readily accept that I have my own opinion that differs from the current mainstream, but I do not think that qualifies as bias any more than your opinions qualify as bias.

Why should Nintendo put out another underpowered PC like Sony and Microsoft? The carts were rumored to be basically flash drives a little while ago so we will see. The gimmick is also made to be more like mobile gaming on a phone or tablet because the amount of people gaming on a phone is through the roof these days. So yeah, I like the look of the consoles and will be pre ordering day 1. I also see this as being able to play all the SNES and NES games that I love on an official portable system unless they screw the pooch and don't have some sort of streaming service. That's the only thing that worries me, if there is no type of hard drive to download stuff from the Eshop.

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Honestly, on the Xbox One, I'll never buy another disc, I'll just buy the digital download and with my external hard drive, never have to really worry about space.  I have about 30 games on it now, and sitting at only 29% used space lol

I have a 2 TB Seagate connected to mine. 60 games installed, only using 47% storage. 

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Question: am I really going to be missing out on a lot if I play Gears 4 without playing any of the others? Gears 4 comes with the other three, and I know they're all classics that I do intend to play at some point, but I really want to play a new multiplayer online shooter and I've heard great things about the MP in this one (less so the campaign).

I'm currently going through the campaign, playing with a friend who's only played part of Gears 3. I played all but Judgement(which really doesn't count) and I've had to explain a lot to her about who this person is, who the COG are, etc,. Although the game does a decent enough job explaining stuff because this takes place 20 years after Gears 3, I just feel like you lose some of the details added to the story by not knowing the backstory. 

1 hour ago, Zazzaro703 said:

I also see this as being able to play all the SNES and NES games that I love on an official portable system unless they screw the pooch and don't have some sort of streaming service. That's the only thing that worries me, if there is no type of hard drive to download stuff from the Eshop.

You just gotta know at this point that Nintendo isn't going to get that done, or done correctly. 

6 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I will never buy digitial games unless the offer is too good to pass, i love playing a game and trading it in.  The madden deal and the fifa deals make it so worth it to buy a disc game

You aren't alone, even though digital sales have taken off there was an article the other day saying around 70% of people still enjoy getting the physical package. I have over 400 digital games on steam (humble bundles are awesome) but when I get console games I like to have the disc.

6 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

You aren't alone, even though digital sales have taken off there was an article the other day saying around 70% of people still enjoy getting the physical package. I have over 400 digital games on steam (humble bundles are awesome) but when I get console games I like to have the disc.

I'm all about them humble bundles.  On console though, gimme dat physical media (although I did buy into the Humble Friends Of Nintendo bundle).  I don't do trade-ins, but I gots to have that physical media!  On a related note, why, Nintendo?  Why did you stop including physical game booklets?  That feeling when you open a new game, take out the manual and open it up and smell the pages...

15 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I'm all about them humble bundles.  On console though, gimme dat physical media (although I did buy into the Humble Friends Of Nintendo bundle).  I don't do trade-ins, but I gots to have that physical media!  On a related note, why, Nintendo?  Why did you stop including physical game booklets?  That feeling when you open a new game, take out the manual and open it up and smell the pages...

One of my regrets in life is all the games I've traded in as a kid. I was really fortunate as a kid and had many amazing Christmas mornings so I used to have a lot of NES and SNES games. But since I was young and impatient, I'd trade my old games in to get new ones and now don't have all the great games I used to. Sad, I'd love to have a healthy collection with the boxes and manuals like I used to. Yeah, the days when you got color illustrated 30+ page manuals, maps and other stuff were great. Now you get a booklet with warnings and controls.

Just now, Zazzaro703 said:

One of my regrets in life is all the games I've traded in as a kid. I was really fortunate as a kid and had many amazing Christmas mornings so I used to have a lot of NES and SNES games. But since I was young and impatient, I'd trade my old games in to get new ones and now don't have all the great games I used to. Sad, I'd love to have a healthy collection with the boxes and manuals like I used to. Yeah, the days when you got color illustrated 30+ page manuals, maps and other stuff were great. Now you get a booklet with warnings and controls.

Controls?  All I see is a folded piece of paper telling you how to find the digital booklet.

5 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Controls?  All I see is a folded piece of paper telling you how to find the digital booklet.

It's been awhile since I bought a console game. Haven't joined the next generation of consoles yet. I've always been a PC and Nintendo gamer so I'll be flipping the switch in March. Speaking of which, switch is a much better marketing name than Wii, Wii U, Wii2 etc etc glad to see the Wii branding is done.

1 minute ago, Zazzaro703 said:

It's been awhile since I bought a console game. Haven't joined the next generation of consoles yet. I've always been a PC and Nintendo gamer so I'll be flipping the switch in March. Speaking of which, switch is a much better marketing name than Wii, Wii U, Wii2 etc etc glad to see the Wii branding is done.

Oh, yeah, well Wii U games don't even come with what remained of game manuals anymore.  I was heart-broken when I opened up my first Wii U game case. :(

I also miss the game manuals and well designed cases. I genuinely appreciated and even commented on here how The Evil Within had a thick throwback style manual in the game and it was felt great opening the case, seeing it and then excitedly digging into it

6 hours ago, Bacon said:

Question: am I really going to be missing out on a lot if I play Gears 4 without playing any of the others? Gears 4 comes with the other three, and I know they're all classics that I do intend to play at some point, but I really want to play a new multiplayer online shooter and I've heard great things about the MP in this one (less so the campaign).

I'm having a blast with the Gears 4 campaign and Horde mode. Never got into the Gears multiplayer much. 

You're going to miss out on a ton of details about who basically every character is, why they are important, the world, what happened previously and what's happening now. I'd reccoment plowing thru them on easy just to get the story and basic vibe of the games down. They are all classics 

9 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

If you just want another Xbox or Playstation, get an Xbox or a Playstation.  Plus, I'm not sure I'd really call that a cartridge; looks more like a card like what they've been using on mobile devices since the DS.  Plus a Blu Ray disc has no business in a small portable device.  The disc drive alone would add tons of bulk, and would not be happy getting bumped around.

The biggest concern I have is when two people share the controller, they are using what looks to be smaller than a cell phone to game on with both hands. 

Also, while it makes complete sense for Nintendo to consolidate all of their mobile and console games into one platform..I just don't have any interest in mobile gaming so this isn't that appealing to me personally. 

I guess it'll be nice to keep playing while I go drop a deuce but otherwise I don't see me using that feature much. 

The next big move is to see how it handles  the older generation games and if they have an actual good internet system wth standard features this time around 

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The biggest concern I have is when two people share the controller, they are using what looks to be smaller than a cell phone to game on with both hands. 

Also, while it makes complete sense for Nintendo to consolidate all of their mobile and console games into one platform..I just don't have any interest in mobile gaming so this isn't that appealing to me personally. 

I guess it'll be nice to keep playing while I go drop a deuce but otherwise I don't see me using that feature much. 

The next big move is to see how it handles  the older generation games and if they have an actual good internet system wth standard features this time around 

I'd think the joy-cons would be quite acceptable for little bite-size gaming sessions, and it goes back to the portability aspect of it.  If you have the Switch on you, then you've got two controllers on you, too, so it allows for impromptu multiplayer sessions.  Might be a nice way to bring people together.

For deucening... well that's a feature you can use on the Wii U, if you like.  I know I've done it a few times when i knew I wasn't coming out any time soon (there's a lot of Mexican food around here).

The RDR2 trailer got me pretty excited. So many new adventures to be had in the Wild West. The world looks fantastic. I'm excited to see what Rockstar can do with their first current gen open world

---

looking at the Switch again, one other thing that I'm concerned about is the placement of the buttons directly over the right thumb-stick. Usually the face buttons are lower and toward the right which allows for quicker and easier access during gameplay and is a more natural movement for your thumb. This could be problematic. 

21 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

I will never buy digitial games unless the offer is too good to pass, i love playing a game and trading it in.  The madden deal and the fifa deals make it so worth it to buy a disc game

I used to feel that way. But I don't get a fair value for the game from Gamestop or Best Buy. And once Microsoft rolled out backwards compatibility, and I saw all the games I wanted to play again that could've been an easy download for free instead of me needing to go to Gamestop or Amazon and buying it over again. Yeah, I'm fully digital now. 

Also, eliminates the need for me to be annoyed by Gamestop sales tactics too. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

One of those snapshots looked like something out of The Revenant. This is gonna be awesome.

Hope they have some kind of Frontier section of the game where you get to go out and hunt

Yeah that winding river looked straight out of the Revanant cinematography. 

One of the things I loved about the world of RDR was all the various areas it had that included geographic areas from just about every western type and scenario

You obviously had the Mexico desert, then the Mexico red rock plateau areas. Texas plains, SF/Dodge City type area, the classic Texas town why the saloon, you had the Kansas/Nebraska type plains portion, the New Mexico/Arizona canyon areas and my favorite, the snowy timber northeast area. 

It all just went together so beautifully, this one looks even more so with tons of different area types 

5 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I used to feel that way. But I don't get a fair value for the game from Gamestop or Best Buy. And once Microsoft rolled out backwards compatibility, and I saw all the games I wanted to play again that could've been an easy download for free instead of me needing to go to Gamestop or Amazon and buying it over again. Yeah, I'm fully digital now. 

Also, eliminates the need for me to be annoyed by Gamestop sales tactics too. 

I'm fine with that for backwards compatible games. I just like having a physical collection of my regular games. 

Especially for sequels and stuff, I love seeing all of my Halo games lined up, mass effect trilogy in a row together etc. it Just feels right .  

17 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'm having a blast with the Gears 4 campaign and Horde mode. Never got into the Gears multiplayer much. 

You're going to miss out on a ton of details about who basically every character is, why they are important, the world, what happened previously and what's happening now. I'd reccoment plowing thru them on easy just to get the story and basic vibe of the games down. They are all classics 

I thought I may have saw you or someone else from here online playing that the other night. 

Darth Bogey on xbl

Also..if anyone is planning on getting Titanfall 2 AND needs a new controller (or an extra one), Amazon has a pretty sweet deal on a package.

New S controller and Titanfall 2 for $89

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYNEZJ7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=12784b3a9ac711e6b7633e4846ec7fdb0INT&ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Archived