Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Still backlogged with Skyrim, AC: Syndicate @ Until Dawn. Hell I bought Until Dawn ages ago and still haven't opened it. At the rate I'm going it'll be MEA time and I'll still be stuck on Skyrim and will drop everything and hop on that.

That'll suck considering I wanted to get in some ME3 mp beforehand

5 hours ago, No Excuses said:

I started a playthrough of the first Mass Effect again and remembered how much I hated the MAKO. But the story for 1 is dope as hell.

Yeah, playing as a female Renegade vanguard Shepard the second time around might be the most fun I've ever had as a gamer, just intimidating, seducing and executing scores of people lol

Then I played as a male pure Biotic adept that wouldn't hurt a fly, outside of battle situations. Most favorite moment was recruiting Jack:

Jack: Who the hell are you?

Shepard: Im Commander Shepard, I'm here to rescue you

Jack: Christ, you're a pussie 

:rofl89: I actually ended up making her the romance option. That whole relationship was hilarious.

I had several more play throughs with different builds, and each one offered something vastly different, even with dialogue

My personal opinion is that the PS4 is a dumpster fire.  I can't even figure out how to EJECT a disc.  I want to take this sad game called Infinite Warfare back, and can't get the disc out of this stupid ugly ass 9 trillion dollar piece of ****.

Edit:  Okay, figured it out, it's a HIDDEN SPOT on the console.  OOOoooo!  Too advanced for actual buttons.

Loading times are long, and the interface is a jumbled mess.  The stock controller with the center button bigger than Arizona is absolutely pointless, and the Menu and Options buttons right next to the gaming buttons, is absolutely ridiculous.  I hit them by accident about 250 times this week.  Is blowing dust out of a cartridge next?  Holy mackerel.

I'm taking it back tomorrow.  Not worth the money.  I'm probably shortchanging the system by a hell of alot, but the game is ridiculous and the money can be used better elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Taylor703 said:

DoubleStroker

-I own both systems, I don't understand how anyone would want an PS4 over an Xbox? 

I own both too and don't see how anyone is really that more biased towards either of the two.  With exception of storage and exclusive titles, both are basically the same performance wise.  The controller can be a slight argument, but not a deal breaker, imo.  I prefer the PS4 controller vs. the Xbox One controller based on the placement of the d-pad.  But have no problem using either.

CoD MWR/IW is not going to play any better on the Xbox One than it does on PS4.  None of the cross platform games do, imo.  As for his issues with the controller, those can be solved.  They make PS4 controllers with the button layout of the Xbox One controller.  They also sell adapters where you can use the Xbox One controller on the PS4.

6 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

My personal opinion is that the PS4 is a dumpster fire.  I can't even figure out how to EJECT a disc.  I want to take this sad game called Infinite Warfare back, and can't get the disc out of this stupid ugly ass 9 trillion dollar piece of ****.

Edit:  Okay, figured it out, it's a HIDDEN SPOT on the console.  OOOoooo!  Too advanced for actual buttons.

Loading times are long, and the interface is a jumbled mess.  The stock controller with the center button bigger than Arizona is absolutely pointless, and the Menu and Options buttons right next to the gaming buttons, is absolutely ridiculous.  I hit them by accident about 250 times this week.  Is blowing dust out of a cartridge next?  Holy mackerel.

I'm taking it back tomorrow.  Not worth the money.  I'm probably shortchanging the system by a hell of alot, but the game is ridiculous and the money can be used better elsewhere.

Loading times are the same on both consoles and very long compared to the 360 and PS3.  I've always hated the disc ejection on the PS3/PS4, I'd prefer a button as well.  The interface, like anything it takes time to adjust to it.  But I wouldn't say it's horrible.  

As far as the controller, you can purchase an adapter that allows you to use basically any controller (360 included) with the PS4.  I think you probably need a PC to set it up initially with.

I really think you should give Battlefield 1 a chance before you take the system back.   

Taze

-Backwards compatibility was a game changer. Along with external storage, an interface which I prefer and Xbox live being much, much better than PSN. Don't get me wrong Taze I'm not saying PS4 is trash, I love The Last of Us and Uncharted. I just think you get more bang for your buck with Xbox. To each their own though. 

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

They make PS4 controllers with the button layout of the Xbox One controller.  They also sell adapters where you can use the Xbox One controller on the PS4.

Really? I'd be interested in either of those options. 

Both systems are good, I agree about that. But I disagree on the interfaces. The PS4 one is terrible. 

No lie, I did feel retarded as hell starting up my PS4 for the first time when I got it.

I was so deep in confusion and thought I got a defective version (got it at GameStop, and thought they screwed me over,  or missed some cables) and was getting ready to go back and kill everyone in the store.

Found it after about a half hour.

I had the first XBox and the 360, but at this point I cannot afford to get both consoles, complete with money sinking equipment and games

Apparently I was bitten by a vampire while clearing one of those lairs. And then I turned, skin pale, hellfire eyes:ols:

I refused to feed (I don't even know how to) and I initially didn't want to screw up my character, but I got jumped by a small army of Stormcloaks, and turned on the vampiric Powers out of desperation.

Went straight up Dracula Untold on those fools.

Archived