Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Just beat Arkham Knight. Holy smokes what a game.

Just awesome all the way through. I really loved how they handled what Batman was going through in this game.

It had some flaws but I had a great time with it. I finished all side missions prior to ending the game so I just have to finish up the Riddler trophies to get the final ending. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Thought it was a fitting an appropriate ending to the series. Batman was in an absolute battle from the very beginning.

I know some people are going to be upset about a few things that happened in the story, but personally, I thought it was handled very well.

The BatMobile grew on me and I enjoyed all the tank battles too. I think that's mostly due to the fact that I flew around instead of driving so when I did have to get in the batmobile it was a nice change of pace.

But the freedom you have to be Batman is what makes it great. There are so many ways to approach battles and combat scenarios. Swooping down on the roof the cars as they speed away from cops, gliding through the air and crashing through windows to start an ass kicking, stalking a group of enemies and taking them out effortlessly, teaming up with Robin, Nightwing and others to take on specific scenarios...it was just an amazing Batman experience.

Well worth the wait.

I actually have a pretty sad picture of Mario sitting on some stairs wiping his eyes head down in the rain but couldn't figure out how to post it from my ipad. Really sad about him passing still especially from Cancer at 55. Man **** cancer. I mean I already hated it but then had our mother torn out of lives from it in 9 months from being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer until her passing back in 2012. It really woke me up to a lot of things. The world has to do something about this too many great people leaving us too soon because of horrible cancer. I pretty much owe Iwata for being a gamer, I grew up on NES, SNES and some of the later releases that came out while he was president. Earthbound is one of my favorite games still. He was a true inspiration to the video gaming world and will be terribly missed. I didn't agree with some of the more recent decisions from Nintendo, but expected Iwata to turn things around like he has in the past. Just an awful loss all around.

The puppet one was done fairly recently correct? That's probably why it was puppets because his health was deteriorating and he didn't want people to see it unless I'm wrong and it wasnt recent. I've got to learn not to read the comment sections on articles. I saw quite a few replies along the lines of "So what who cares" or "good Nintendo has sucked the last several years and the man was afraid to take chances. Good riddens now maybe Nintendo will change their ways" "Iwata was just one of thousands who died yesterday, get over it". Just absolutely disgusting garbage that you just know is being spewed out from dumbass little kiddies and teenagers who 1) Never grew up playing NES and Super NES as they launched and were not only brand new, but gaming experiences NO ONE had ever seen or experienced before and 2) just have ****ty ass parents who never taught them discipline and respect for others and instead of parenting and spending time raising their children teaching them common moral decent values.... Just most likely turned on the television babysitter and let them surf the web letting those entertainment devices teach them their morals and values.

Again, just absolutely ****ing disgusting. I'm sure some of it is trolling but I'm also sure some of those comments are what those imbeciles truly think. Even trolling an article about the death of such an influential man who by all accounts was nothing but a great, friendly down to earth man who loved his industry and always tried to do new and innovative things within the gaming industry (some worked out, some did not but damn at least he was trying), I find fault somewhere along these vile people's up raising. Did you know when Nintendos profits and stock dropped he either forfeited half his salary or even all of it to ensure his employees wouldn't lose their jobs and also wouldn't have to worry about one day showing up to work and being told their studio or certain members were being let go? Iwata did this because he wanted his employees to not have to worry about it so their minds were free to continue to be creative and develop the games they were passionate about without having doom and gloom within their studios. But yeah.... Who cares about a man like that and it's a great thing he died so Nintendo can go in another direction. ****ing Scumbags.

Ok people I promise you all I'm done ranting and have gotten it all out of my system. Thank you for listening/reading if anyone did as this was my way to cope with the situation my last few posts. Some of my greatest memories as a kid outside of sports and other such things was having my mind blown to pieces by 80-90s Nintendo. So to have Iwata die at 55 by ****ing cancer, and the cancer he died from is one of the worst cancers to have to suffer through, and then be disrespected by people just burns a hole in my ass and makes me feel like a boiling hot cauldron of rage. I said it in another thread but the Internet is one of the ONLY things I would be more than willing to sacrifice some of my freedoms if it meant the Internet could be cleaned up and people held accountable for their actions and for the vile horse**** they post because they are anonymous. But I'm done now I promise.

One final Rest in Peace Mr. Iwata and thank you so much for your contributions to one of my favorite forms of entertainment. It won't be the same without you.

The puppet one was done fairly recently correct? That's probably why it was puppets because his health was deteriorating and he didn't want people to see it unless I'm wrong and it wasnt recent.

The puppet was from this past E3, but I highly doubt it had anything to do with health issues as he'd done live-action Nintendo Directs not long ago. It was just their way of having fun with the E3 presentation this year. They went all-out on the puppetry having it done by the Jim Henson Creature Shop, much like how they teamed up with Robot Chicken for their presentation last year.

And you're right about Iwata taking risks. Which game console did he oversee the development of in his time as President that didn't attempt to innovate? The DS brought touchscreens to gaming. The Wii brought (good) motion controls. The 3DS added glasses-free 3D. The Wii U brought a low-latency wireless display that, among other things, brings the potential for asymmetrical gameplay where two local players have different sets of information available to them. The risks haven't always paid off commercially, but I, for one, certainly appreciate the attempts to do something different instead of just sticking to the obvious power upgrade. Power can be done on a PC, but one of the strengths of a console is the ability to standardize specialized equipment; if you don't take advantage of that, then what advantage does a console have over a PC these days?

Oh my god, you guys. Had no idea a smaller tv would make THAT much of a difference!

Since 2009 when I first got a ps3, I've always played on a 60" or bigger.

We moved last week and still have the little 32 inch plugged up to the ps4. Second game playing Battlefield Hardline

, I literally put up my best score since the game came out in February, 27-5. And that was balls to the wall tryharding. Next game, I started out 11-0 before dying.

The smaller tv is so much easier to see around you (peripheral), and helps overall awareness. I'm used to sitting a good 10 feet back from a 70", and last night I was about 5 fret from a 32". Never felt so "fast" before. Small tv/monitor for gaming FTW!

I can't play on large TVs. I honestly have no idea how anybody can?

I love playing on my big screen. Feels like next gen. But I think certain games, like shooters(i.e. Destiny)can be harder on big screen. Feels like its not as pin point with the accuracy.

Finally beat Witcher 3 the other day. Game is loooong but outstanding. Highly recommend it to anyone. Easily one of the 5 best RPGs I've ever played.

Speaking of big TV's....

I play on a 47 and my son has a 40.  I have a gift card to Best Buy and am considering getting a 1ms gaming display.  I have needed a monitor for my computer for a while and I have read that the smaller faster monitors are a big advantage for PVP games.

Anyone have any experience with them?

thanks

I currently game on a 55 inch and when it was mounted, I had to stand up while I played about 3ft in front of the TV. Sitting down was too far.

Not its just on a stand and I will sit down so I'm in front of t but I still have to be close. Usually I'll sit on the floor in front of the TV rather than the futon I have in there. I just enjoy being close and letting the experience wash over me.

I feel too detached further away or with smaller TVs.

Oh my god, you guys. Had no idea a smaller tv would make THAT much of a difference!

Since 2009 when I first got a ps3, I've always played on a 60" or bigger.

We moved last week and still have the little 32 inch plugged up to the ps4. Second game playing Battlefield Hardline

, I literally put up my best score since the game came out in February, 27-5. And that was balls to the wall tryharding. Next game, I started out 11-0 before dying.

The smaller tv is so much easier to see around you (peripheral), and helps overall awareness. I'm used to sitting a good 10 feet back from a 70", and last night I was about 5 fret from a 32". Never felt so "fast" before. Small tv/monitor for gaming FTW!

Definitely.  I have the PS4 and Xbox One both hooked up to my PC monitor.  It's only 24", but it's 2-3 feet from your face.  You can see things a lot better than when you game on a big-screen.  PS2, PS3, Xbox, 360 I always had gamed on a 56", 60" or 40", mainly the 56 or 60".  

When playing BF3, I decided to buy that keyboard mouse adapter and it was a pain trying to use those in the living room.  So I brought it in my office and hooked it up to the PC monitor and used my desk.  It was like PC gaming, only using a PS3/360.  

Eventually, when I got the PS4/One I just moved them in here.  I don't use a keyboard/mouse anymore, just controllers, but I still like the feel.  Plus, I can turn on the TV and put it on a ballgame, movie, show while I game.

I hooked it up to the 60 inch now and it doesn't feel right anymore.  

Speaking of big TV's....

I play on a 47 and my son has a 40.  I have a gift card to Best Buy and am considering getting a 1ms gaming display.  I have needed a monitor for my computer for a while and I have read that the smaller faster monitors are a big advantage for PVP games.

Anyone have any experience with them?

thanks

I don't have a 1ms monitor, just an older Dell 24" 16:9 and it makes gaming a lot easier on.  I plan to upgrade to a bigger, better monitor one day, but I love it.  

The only thing I don't like is my monitor doesn't have built in speakers.  So I had to go out and buy some extra PC speakers, and an adapter (with optical input), but it did the trick.  If I want sound, I have it.  Usually I play with the TV on, so I don't play with game sound.

I've been researching and the "gaming monitors" that have low ms times and higher hz settings supposedly make a big difference compared to larger tv's. I'm going to get one because I need a cpu monitor anyway. I'm excited to try one out.

I have a friend who plays FPS games on a projector, he is easily the worst one of my friends at shooters. I wonder if his performance would improve on if used a 42".

I bet it would. 40" was extremely difficult for me to adjust to when I was so used to gaming on a 32". I was light years better at FPS when I was playing on the 32".

Yeah I don't play many FPS or games that require real fast reflexes, but if I did I'd want to play on a smaller faster monitor. I have my PC hooked up to my 40" which is perfect for the gaming I do. However, there is a reason why at fighting game tournaments like EVO they play on smaller monitors with high resolution and refresh rates. It does make a difference.

I play exclusively on a 75" screen.

Anyone interested in trading some games for PS4 (that lives in DC/NoVa)?  I am interested in Assassin's Creed Black Flag and/or Dying Light.  I have a bunch so let me know what you'd be interested in.  Please PM.

I play exclusively on a 75" screen.

Anyone interested in trading some games (that lives in DC/NoVa)?  I am interested in Assassin's Creed Black Flag and/or Dying Light.  I have a bunch so let me know what you'd be interested in.  Please PM.

If you have an Xbox one and Xbox live Gold, you can get Black Flag for free right now. 

Which model? 

I saw one for around $250, but it was 5ms.  

G246HL. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4841125&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&scid=scplp664793&gclid=CjwKEAjwocKtBRCf9d_Q5ovcyHASJAAHhJYOBkRLI4rSb81qD30AOCgIhDoQmsvsCsWJ3Y5AwchoKBoCpQnw_wcB

These are 5ms too, but I figured they would be good for the price. My coworker has two that he uses for PC gaming. 

EDIT: Did a little research and you'll be hard pressed to find a <5ms monitor for under $200. But I did find this 1ms bad boy for $250. 

http://www.amazon.com/AOC-G2460PQU-Ultimate-Performance-Professional/dp/B00HY7PAUC/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1437707067&sr=1-2&keywords=aoc+monitor&refinements=p_89%3AAOC%2Cp_72%3A1248879011%2Cp_n_size_browse-bin%3A3547806011

Archived