Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Anyone else at least a little excited for this?

About a week ago, I was about halfway through this elaborate post about this game including an article of a hands on review. My phone screwed up and I lost the post so never went back and did it again.

Needless to say, I'm extremely excited about it. Campy, B grade slasher/horror movie where every action can determine who lives and dies. Sounds like a lot of replay value too.

Yeah I can wait for it

Thoughts on the new madden? Release is 8/25. Would

be my first one on the new gen (PS4) and it sounds like there is actually a worthwhile difference in gameplay this year with the QB scramble mechanics as well as Reciever/DB dynamics. Might be a pass fest but that's the NFL nowadays anyway!

I'm getting it. I've really enjoyed the Maddens on this gen. Looks pretty good to me

I got it downloaded but haven't tried yet. My friends have been playing and said it was a ton of fun

It's an easy game to just pick up and play.

Since I've got the little tyke taking up a lot of my time, this is the perfect game for me. The matches take like 5 minutes each and it's fast paced.

Is that a new Quantic Dream game? If so, im in

Nope, it's made by SuperMassive Games. But like Quantic Dream they are Sony exclusive and are using some of the same game mechanics that make their games so good. SuperMassive Games has a short resume with good small budget titles, this is their first big budget game. I'm watching Until Dawn pretty closely, if it's as good as advertised I'm finally getting a PS4. 

Nope, it's made by SuperMassive Games. But like Quantic Dream they are Sony exclusive and are using some of the same game mechanics that make their games so good. SuperMassive Games has a short resume with good small budget titles, this is their first big budget game. I'm watching Until Dawn pretty closely, if it's as good as advertised I'm finally getting a PS4.

Good. We need more adult gaming like that. Its the next evolutionary step in gaming

An honest review of the Benq 1ms monitor:

Ok, I got the monitor yesterday and I have played a bunch.

Trials of Osiris, VOG, Crota and Iron Banner today.

First, you do in fact notice a difference right away. The clarity is stunning. I had to adjust the settings to my taste out of the box in terms of colors and brightness.

It is easier on my eyes. I do not strain at all or feel fatigue.

In terms of performance enhancing:

Yes, I noticed a huge difference when there's a lot going on. For example, when several players are using blink and chaos is happening, everything is much more clear. On my big screen, things looked like a blur and I was beginning to actually think my brain couldn't keep up with it.

My sniping improved noticeably. Again, everything is much more clear.

It did not make me a gaming pro. In 1 day, I have done better overall in PVP. My son on the other hand totally destroyed, even more than normal. he and 2 of my buddies went 9-0 in trials like it was nothing. He killed the entire other team 7 or 8 times. Incredible. He could not place what was better but he liked it.

I think as I use it more, I will see much more improvement. As I was playing today, it was weird seeing with such clarity, some of my spray and at bad habits will have to be broken.

I would recommend if you want something just for gaming and or computer use, but understand, it's not going to transform you into an MLG pro.

Thanks Code, that actually helps me make my decision a little easier but I need to figure out some network logistical hoops. I've been lobbying with my wife on getting a 55" or bigger TV in the basement where I do all of my gaming. I'm also seriously considering getting a PS4 right around the time Until Dawn comes out. I could get the 1ms Benq and the PS4 for about the average cost of the 55" or bigger TV I wanted. I'm fairly certain that would work. 

But now I'm thinking about all the other games I play. I enjoy playing Arkham Knight on my 47" LG. I don't want to play games like that, Until Dawn, The Witcher 3, Dragon Age, etc,. where the benefit of a high refresh rate on a smaller screen doesn't outweigh having a LED 1080p bigger screen for the beautiful visuals of those other games that aren't FPS. I guess one way to rectify this is to get a HDMI switch, although I've never used them and don't know how well they work. 

Thanks Code, that actually helps me make my decision a little easier but I need to figure out some network logistical hoops. I've been lobbying with my wife on getting a 55" or bigger TV in the basement where I do all of my gaming. I'm also seriously considering getting a PS4 right around the time Until Dawn comes out. I could get the 1ms Benq and the PS4 for about the average cost of the 55" or bigger TV I wanted. I'm fairly certain that would work. 

But now I'm thinking about all the other games I play. I enjoy playing Arkham Knight on my 47" LG. I don't want to play games like that, Until Dawn, The Witcher 3, Dragon Age, etc,. where the benefit of a high refresh rate on a smaller screen doesn't outweigh having a LED 1080p bigger screen for the beautiful visuals of those other games that aren't FPS. I guess one way to rectify this is to get a HDMI switch, although I've never used them and don't know how well they work. 

Wait, you talking about a splitter? If so, they work fine.  My dad has one and said he had one of the average priced one, like $30-40 and zero problems.  I actually need to buy one for the living room TV due to all the various components to hook up.

Wait, you talking about a splitter? If so, they work fine.  My dad has one and said he had one of the average priced one, like $30-40 and zero problems.  I actually need to buy one for the living room TV due to all the various components to hook up.

Yeah, I was thinking of a way to be able to switch between TVs without having to get up and change anything. 

It makes sense, but I can't imagine it would help that much would it?

Back in the days of DoD that was pretty common. Guys could run around with that sticker for the sights and just one shot guys with a sniper rifle no scope. DoD ended up eventually modifying it so of course unscopped it wasnt nearly as accurate. This of course was years ago, I would imagine it wouldnt be nearly as useful these days as developers make the weapons less accurate when not aiming down the sights.

The annual Summer Games Done Quick is in full swing and runs until Saturday Night. It's an event where kids speed run games by using pure skill and in some cases glitches to destroy games in ways you would never think were possible. It's def cool to check out if you have free time and especially if its a game you grew up playing and liked a lot. The summer event raises money for Doctors without Borders. The summer event normally raises around 500k, while the Holiday event to raise money for cancer research normally raises 1 million. The event is 24 hours a day for a week.

http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

To put in perspective what some of these kids can do..... Last year someone beat the original NES Mike Tyson's punchout blindfolded. Yeah.

Be warned though, if you do check it out just go full screen and ignore the chat. The chat will make you want to stab your brain with a q-tip and ponder where exactly we are heading as a society.

I know a lot of people like Mario Kart 64... Just check this out probably one of if not the best run of the marathon so far. He defeats all 150cc circuits and is the current WR holder. You will see things youve never seen no matter how many hours you have put into mariokart 64 over the years.

Archived