Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I have a video game soundtrack playlist on Youtube and two of them are the Halo 3 Warthog run and Gerudo Valley theme.

Love that too. It's pretty much an extended and drawn out version of One Final Effort which is just the Halo theme remixed again for Halo 3. I love the intro to it and how it kicks into the classic beginning at 30 seconds in but it's my least favorite of the 3 versions, mainly because they removed the native chants(not the monks) from it. I'd go 2,1,3 for my order but they are all great.

Halo 3 Theme- One Final Effort

http://youtu.be/HIDR5ZBQBfo

Halo 2 Theme - Mjolnir Mix

http://youtu.be/sCxv2daOwjQ

Halo Theme

http://youtu.be/Hpl5G1J1FE0

I adore both versions. The original has a spicy Spanish vibe to it that you can't say 'no' to. But the Orchestral arrangement is a powerful masterpiece in its own right that blew me away. Also a huge fan of the Twilight Princess and Wind Waker Symphonic Movements on that disc.

For some non-Zelda music, I always find myself coming back to Xenoblade Chronicles

I could go on and on posting music from that game (seriously, the soundtrack's about 5 hours long)

I also like orchestral CD but it can't compare game works, particularly the Gerudo theme for me.

Also, never played XB so I missed that soundtrack but I will check out. I liked the ones you posted, had a fun and frantic pace

One of the very best for sure but I think Nier has it beat:

A few more standouts:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution [Original Soundtrack]:

Journey OST:

Bloodborne OST:

And an old school favorite:

Shadow of the Beast (Amiga) Soundtrack:

Good stuff, thanks for posting. Nier is definitely up there and I like Journey a lot too (is this out on PS4 yet?). Didn't play the other games you listed but I'll check those out too later today.

Good stuff, thanks for posting. Nier is definitely up there and I like Journey a lot too (is this out on PS4 yet?). Didn't play the other games you listed but I'll check those out too later today.

Q3 of this year is the last bit I've seen on the release date.  

I also like orchestral CD but it can't compare game works, particularly the Gerudo theme for me.

I like powerful symphonic music, so the CD strikes quite the chord with me.

Also, never played XB so I missed that soundtrack but I will check out. I liked the ones you posted, had a fun and frantic pace

Damn fine game. Here's an easy way to go through the sound track (or you can always find a youtube playlist): http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Xenoblade_Original_Soundtrack

Or, you know, play the damn game you bum!

Also, can you post video game music without bringing Smooth McGroove into the mix?

Also, can you post video game music without bringing Smooth McGroove into the mix?

He is the man. I'm always impressed at his vids.

Back to Arkham Knight :)

Anyone else get to the Cloudburster Tank yet? This mother****er....

That's coming up for me but I've been doing a bunch of side stuff trying to put off finishing or advancing the story a bit. What I've seen so far, I just don't want it to end lol

True. I'm doing side missions as I go. I was really into the Riddler missions but got stuck and can't proceed until I finish some of the main challenges (my guess anyway).

I forgot to mention that I read previously, the true ending to the game isn't shown until you finish all the Riddler missions. So there is more to it than just 100% or stopping the Riddler, It actually has some story significance this time as well.

So Nolan North, the voice of Nathan Drake (and countless others) said he knows Naughty Dog is working on The Last of Us 2.

As much as I loved that game, this doesn't excite me. It should be a standalone game, it was good enough and had such a strong impact that another game would cheapen it.

The only way I could potentially be on board is if it's a completely new set of characters set in the same world. Even that's unnecessary to me. if they use the same characters, I will never acknowledge its existence.

So Nolan North, the voice of Nathan Drake (and countless others) said he knows Naughty Dog is working on The Last of Us 2.

As much as I loved that game, this doesn't excite me. It should be a standalone game, it was good enough and had such a strong impact that another game would cheapen it.

The only way I could potentially be on board is if it's a completely new set of characters set in the same world. Even that's unnecessary to me. if they use the same characters, I will never acknowledge its existence.

Why? Most popular games end up with a sequel.

Damn it. I'm torn. I agree with you to an extent because I loved the story and I think it ended perfectly.

However, it was so damn good that if they release a sequel there's no way that I could stay away from it.

Why? Most popular games end up with a sequel.

Not all classic works of art need a sequel. It rarely works. 

It is very common in video games but this wasn't typical. The story was self contained and the ambiguity was part of what makes it great. Less is more in this regard. 

Damn it. I'm torn. I agree with you to an extent because I loved the story and I think it ended perfectly.

However, it was so damn good that if they release a sequel there's no way that I could stay away from it.

I say I wouldn't but it would be hard for me to resist....if it turned out to be disappointing I could just red-headed-stepsister it like I do the Godfather Part III. 

I say I wouldn't but it would be hard for me to resist....if it turned out to be disappointing I could just red-headed-stepsister it like I do the Godfather Part III.

Lol very true.

Also, I remember reading a while ago that there was a movie in the works and there are rumors that Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) could be playing Ellie.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump....

Even the most casual of game players have to show some respect to Iwata. RIP man...

Iwata certainly left his mark on the world. Before becoming president of Nintendo, he was, himself, a programmer, and continued to program while he was president of HAL Laboratories. He played an integral role in the making of Earthbound. Pretty cool story relating to that, he came in 4 years into its development and saw they were moving at a snail's pace and said at that rate they'd never get it done. He said they could either keep developing as they are and it'll take another two years, or scrap it and start fresh and have it done in half a year. There's also a story about how he took the source code (which was not in a pretty programming language that we have today; I think it must've been Gameboy's assembly code) from pokemon Red and Green to help in localizing the game outside of Japan, and he decided to take it upon himself to also port the battle mechanics to the N64 while he was at it and accomplished it in a week.

Iwata also revolutionized the way Nintendo communicated with fans. Nintendo had always held their cards close to their chest (and a lot of that still continues), and he took it upon himself to open up a bit and speak directly to fans through his Nintendo Directs. He also built a series of interviews with game developers where they would delve deeply into the creation of some of the games coming out on Nintendo platforms.

So many big-wigs in the video game industry these days are money-men; they're interested in maximizing profit. Iwata is all about video games. He worked his way from the ground up as a programmer, and as the first anecdote shows, he had a hard time tearing himself away from that even as a company president. He was all about video games and having fun. He will be missed.

1337998530128006799.gif

Really is sad, another life cut short by cancer. I wonder how many lives must be lost from cancer, war etc etc before we as a civilization stop seeing each other as us vs them and truly all come together to advance ourselves beyond these types of problems. If all the the money the world spent on war went towards cancer research and the brightest minds from EVERY nation worked together, we might of figured out a cure for the really horrible types like pancreatic and liver cancer by now. It's why I cannot even discuss politics here or anywhere else really, the us vs them republican vs democrat United States vs whatever other country kindergarten mindset drives me ****ing insane.

Thanks for all the great memories playing Nintendo games Mr. Iwata you will be missed.

Well said guys. Sad day, the industry lost an all-timer. We should all be so lucky to have as much passion in our lives as he did for gaming. 

RIP Mr. Iwata. Thank you for the countless hours of enjoyment you provided me.

I have a ton of passion for gaming. It's stuff like work that I have little passion for. ;)

Adding onto the legend that is Iwata-san, it is said that in the making of Pokemon Silver and Gold, Gamefreak managed to use up pretty much the entire cartridge on the Johto region. Iwata came in and compressed it down so they could also fit the Kanto region from the first games as well.

Archived