Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Arkham Knight is being scored high everywhere, but PC reviews are being held back which is disconcerting considering some of the rubbish versions of games we have gotten at launch that were unplayable until a months worth of patches. It's pretty clear getting it day 1 on consoles is going to be a fun game though, will have to wait and see about the PC version.

What card did you get Taylor? Nvidia?

I went with the Asus GeForce GTX970. It got good reviews so that's what I went with.

Oh hell yeah, that's the card I want. I have a 770 which is good enough for now though. I got the 770 with the system i built last summer. I might hold off and wait for the 980ti to come down in price from $600 or skip the entire 900 series entirely though depending on what happens and is announced this fall when nvidia normally lets us know their plans. The 980ti just came out though and performs pretty much at the level of the Nvidia Titan, but for $400 cheaper. But the 970 is an awesome card, have fun with that. For its price, I think the 970 is the best card you can get at this time considering the rather cheap $300 price tag it has and the high quality you get out of it. Another $300 for the 980ti just isn't really worth it for the minor boost it gives from a 970.

Oh hell yeah, that's the card I want. I have a 770 which is good enough for now though. I got the 770 with the system i built last summer. I might hold off and wait for the 980ti to come down in price from $600 or skip the entire 900 series entirely though depending on what happens and is announced this fall when nvidia normally lets us know their plans. The 980ti just came out though and performs pretty much at the level of the Nvidia Titan, but for $400 cheaper. But the 970 is an awesome card, have fun with that. For its price, I think the 970 is the best card you can get at this time considering the rather cheap $300 price tag it has and the high quality you get out of it. Another $300 for the 980ti just isn't really worth it for the minor boost it gives from a 970.

I considered the 980 but because I was a beginner I decided the 970 was perfect for me. And honestly it's been awesome. Alien isolation looks amazing maxed out.

I want to give DayZ a try but people are just hammering it now. Have you played it at all?

You really should be playing Bloodborne online and The Last of Us may have had the best MP of the PS360 gen.

I usually go for sports, racing, star wars, and FPS types of games, so it's a bit of a change of pace for me. Hoping to get some solo play in today. Started the story for Last of Us today, definitely a change from what I'm used too, but definitely fun as well!

As far as exclusives go, Bloodborne and maybe the slightly underrated Infamous: Second Son are my suggestions for the PS4. Lot of great third party titles that run slightly better on the PS4, are available however. As i stated in a recent post. Witcher 3 is currently dominating my gaming time. I've plugged in about 92 hours and it still doesn't feel tedious. 

Checked out a trailer for Infamous from E3, it looks interesting. I'm guessing there has to be more attacks than what was showcased there because it looked pretty vanilla after a few minutes.

My younger brother is all about the Witcher games, he's been dying to get the third. My dad has a gaming PC he just fixed up, but his new 8gb ram isn't working properly, so any plans of him playing the witcher are dead in the water. And i'm only living here another month so unless he buys his own PS4 no Witcher for him!

So basically every outlet has rated Arkham City a 9 or higher and then Gamespot reviews it and gives it a 7/10.  I got the game for free so I don't care really but it's quite odd that everyone else basically loves the game and GS says it's mediocre...

I was going to wait until Arkham Knight went on sale, considering even if I bought it I would have no time to play it. For Father's day my wife bought me Elder Scrolls Online and Witcher 3, which I probably won't play for a while as I'm still playing Destiny with my friends, playing State of Decay, and the free Games with Gold games I've downloaded like Child of Light and Massive Chalice. 

I could maybe squeeze Arkham Knight in before the summer is over. 

I was going to wait until Arkham Knight went on sale, considering even if I bought it I would have no time to play it. For Father's day my wife bought me Elder Scrolls Online and Witcher 3, which I probably won't play for a while as I'm still playing Destiny with my friends, playing State of Decay, and the free Games with Gold games I've downloaded like Child of Light and Massive Chalice.

I could maybe squeeze Arkham Knight in before the summer is over.

You may want to get in Arkham Knight earlier. Apparently it has a pretty big twist so if you wait you might have it spoiled for you. They wouldn't even show gameplay after a certain point because it would spoil the twist.

All gameplay shown so far was from the very beginning of game

You may want to get in Arkham Knight earlier. Apparently it has a pretty big twist so if you wait you might have it spoiled for you. They wouldn't even show gameplay after a certain point because it would spoil the twist.

All gameplay shown so far was from the very beginning of game

I hate when that happens. Well, I think maybe I'll grab it in a couple of weeks. I was going to trade in GTA V soon anyway(haven't played it in months), and I could use the extra store credit to make me feel a little better about getting a third game within a month's time. 

I usually go for sports, racing, star wars, and FPS types of games, so it's a bit of a change of pace for me. Hoping to get some solo play in today. Started the story for Last of Us today, definitely a change from what I'm used too, but definitely fun as well!

How are you liking it so far? Great reviews. I was one of the few though that kinda had a bit of an issue with the games premise. Didnt like the limited melee system either. I think that with any game like that, in this era, you should have an immersive melee crafting world

Just bought and downloaded MLB 15 The Show........what is up with all the sports games forcing me to play a game/match/etc before I can just do what the **** I want to do?

I don't want to play a 9 inning ****ing game with the Giants vs. Kansas City.  I want to ****ing play online, do the ultimate team, etc.  **** you and forcing me to play a sim game.  Tha ****?!?!?!

It was the same way with Madden, NBA 2K15, NHL 15, etc.  Enough already!!!  I don't want to be forced to play versus the CPU.  

I don't remember having to play an whole game Taze...

I don't want to play one ****ing inning lol

I got into the 3rd inning, had to quit to eat dinner.  There was no options to bypass that crap.  Logged back in after dinner and it started over.  I just think if I'm paying 60-70 bucks, I should be able to bypass **** like that.  

I want to get down to the nitty gritty man.  

It may not be fully downloaded Taze. While it's downloading it will reach a point where its "ready to play", but all you can do is play as SF-KC. I can't remember for sure, but I do remember having to play as them as well and I think that was the reasoning.. Check the download progress and see if its at 100%.

It may not be fully downloaded Taze. While it's downloading it will reach a point where its "ready to play", but all you can do is play as SF-KC. I can't remember for sure, but I do remember having to play as them as well and I think that was the reasoning.. Check the download progress and see if its at 100%.

yeah it said it was downloading in the background.  Didn't think about that.  I'd rather it just do that **** all at once instead of letting me play a worthless game vs the CPU.

Edit:  Just started it back up, saw the "installing" progress bar in the Giants/Royals game sim.  Still annoying.  

Honest trailers are hilarious.

I'm always excited every tuesday when new ones are released. Both game and movie trailers are hilarious. 

Anyway, starting to get excited for Arkham Knight. Kind of bummed my local gamestop isn't releasing it a few hours earlier like they did with Withcer 3, but i will be there at midnight. 

Archived