Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I think I posted my review when I finished it to but yeah, loved it, even all the BatMobile and tank parts.

My advice is to traverse a lot through gliding for one, it's an awesome batman thing to do and feels badass and two, it keeps the required batmobile sections from feeling like chores.

But that story and ending...damn good stuff. Loved how it was handled

Completed arkham knight. Very good game with a great story, I just wish there wasn't so much reliance on the batmobile.

I loved it, minus as many have cited, the over-reliance on the batmobile. Honestly kind of sad now, It was the final big release game wise, for the summer. I haven't turned on my ps4 since completing the game. 

Finally beat Arkham, and I thought it was fantastic.  Loved the Batmobile.  Kind of surprised others didn't.  The batmobile was a different aspect to the same ole same ole game.  I think if it copied all the other Arkham games without the Batmobile, it would have gotten pretty old pretty fast and it would received very average views.

The story was fantastic, but I really think the batmobile broke up the monotony.    

Let me clarify, I thought the batmobile and it's tank mode were designed well, my issue is there were times where it seemed to me the game designers were stopping and wondering,"How can I implement the batmobile here?" Which imo, breaks me out of the immersion of the experience.

Only once was I frustrated with actually using it( that first Riddler challenge).

New to the Arkham series, love Arkham Knight. Absolutely live the Batmobile stuff almost more so than the normal faire. The Riddler missions are a bit tedious though, & really break me away from the game. That would be my one complaint. That, & the fact that it gets impossibly aggravating to find the Firemasn hostages, & patrol posts once you get close. I don't get the need to suddenly turn off one's ability to locate these things in what can only be described as an effort to manufacture difficulty, or postponement of gratification.

Everything else is top shelf. The tank is absolutely my favorite part of the game...would love to have myltiplayer tank/racing battles, a'la Mario Kart. That, & flying...flying is hella fun (yes, i said hella).

Oh, &, if i may have 1 more small complaint....at times i felt like it was just Infamous in a different skin. What breaks that up so pleasantly is the story, & all the Batman accouterments. Can't wait to finish & get into the Batgirl stuff.

Shifting gears here....

I'm curious about the Witcher 3, but there's also so much in the horizon that i almost, just want to get back to finishing the Halo MCC & Last of Us remastered before the gauntlet of games arrive for the holidays.

I guess i'm asking if there's anything worth while on the near horizon, or is Witcher 3 good enough to warrant the buy, or should i just wait it out?

I will say that my anxious anticipation for the FFVII remake has waned after they announced they would bot be using ATB combat system. For all of its great components, FFVII is the legend it is because of the ATB system. Otherwise, there are much snazzier looking FF games with relatively acceptable storylines.

Frankly, my attention when it come to rehashes, or nostalgic sequels, is beginning to squarely focus on the next Xenogears/Xenoblade, the Rare collection, & the next Disgaea.

Beyond that, i'm just looking forward to Halo 5, Uncharted 4, & i'm curious about Fallout 4 (never played the series). Oh, yeah....also really excited for the Division.

Oh...almost forgot about Cuphead...sooooo cannot wait for Cuphead. Cuphead & Mighty No. 9. Oh, & really want to see how the gameplay is going to pan out for Re-core.

Did i miss anything? Lol.

Yes i did......Star Wars: Battlefront

If you clear the drones from the sky the police helicopters locate and radio in a bunch of hostage locations. If you are nearby, look for the helicopter in the sky and see where their searchlight is.

Aside from that, I would just glide around each island in detective mode looking for a small cluster of guards and when I got close, Id usually pick up the thug chatter. A lot of them are on the edges of the map tucked away.

Thats how I found the road checkpoints too.

Riddler missions are a pain. Id settle for half the quantity if they just made them more challenging riddles.

Witcher 3 is absolutely worth playing. It is one of the best RPGs I've ever played. The combat takes some getting used to, but once you do its great, and the story is fantastic. I didn't even play the first 2 yet I still grew an attachment to some of the characters.

Witcher 3 is absolutely worth playing. It is one of the best RPGs I've ever played. The combat takes some getting used to, but once you do its great, and the story is fantastic. I didn't even play the first 2 yet I still grew an attachment to some of the characters.

I just started and got to the part where I had to kill the Griffin. Game is incredible

I just started and got to the part where I had to kill the Griffin. Game is incredible

Yeah its so much fun. I'm actually already tempted to play it again but on a higher difficulty(once you get some levels under your belt the combat gets soooo easy).

Yeah...i've pretty much been reduced to flying around the islands, or perching on the choppers in detective mode to search like my ancestors did. It's just time consuming & feels like a chore. As much as i love gliding...

On another note....anyone else extremely curious about No Man's Sky?

Oh, & i played a bit of the game preview for Lone Dark.....very good game i may pick up when the full version is released.

So after playing all these games for sometime, do you guys still come to the conclusion that PS4 wins? I have been looking through threads of this page, I still might buy either an XBOX ONE or PS4.  The funny thing is I probably waited too long and there is probably a new system coming out lol

The vast majority of games are on both consoles so I don't think there really is a winner. If the few exclusives you like better are on one over the other, then obviously you want that one. I got PS4 when I had XBOX 360 before mainly because I was ticked at how Microsoft handled everything at launch(more expensive, requiring the stupid camera thing, the fact that it was promoted more as an all around entertainment center then a game console, etc.).

Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, or FarCry4?

Witcher 3 is probably going to take you the longest if you are trying to time sink for a month or so.

Haven't played the other 2 but AK was a badass conclusion to the series so that gets my vote

On another note....anyone else extremely curious about No Man's Sky?

I was initially but it just seems kind of pointless to me. Just endless exploration with no purpose other than to document your findings.

Maybe I just don't get it. It just doesn't seem fun.

Archived