Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

That's what i need to see more of. I want to see what makes it worth a play-through besides being epic in scale, & gorgeous.

I guess i'm just hoping for a modern, respectable iteration of Star Control...one of my all time faves.

The Lone Dark is something that i can speak more on, & it is a very well put together game....seems more accessible, & less daunting than No Man's Sky.

I will say that i like slower games with good story, & interesting gameplay than fast-twitch, hair-trigger action games. They're all fun in their own right, but i feel like i get more for my money with a game that is compelling, & makes me think, & pay attention.

Also...just read that they are set to announce a release date for Quantum Break. Which is great because that game was starting to become the MS version of The Last Guardian.

There's a report that he and Del Toro are still talking about making an horror game.

I hope they do. Would be a gigantic "**** you" to the Konami butthurts. Despite Gullermo's questionable work on The Strain, put those two minds together on anything, and there's no way you do not come out with a masterpiece.

Witcher 3 is probably going to take you the longest if you are trying to time sink for a month or so.

Haven't played the other 2 but AK was a badass conclusion to the series so that gets my vote

I think I might go with The Witcher 3. GF is going on vacation to see her parents in a couple weeks Gonna use that week to basically veg with the PS4.

Sinny, did you play the demo?! Guuurrrrlllll!

I was under the assumption that they took it down. Besides, the last few months I've been doing more PS3 than PS4, playing Mass Effect and Fallout

Yeah...i've pretty much been reduced to flying around the islands, or perching on the choppers in detective mode to search like my ancestors did. It's just time consuming & feels like a chore. As much as i love gliding...

And that is why I haven't played Arkham Knight since I finished the main story mode. I just have no desire to finish the Riddler subplot, or just complete everything to get that something protocol. I'll just youtube the cutscene and move on to Witcher 3 or Shadows of Mordor. 

So after playing all these games for sometime, do you guys still come to the conclusion that PS4 wins? I have been looking through threads of this page, I still might buy either an XBOX ONE or PS4.  The funny thing is I probably waited too long and there is probably a new system coming out lol

I only own a X1 and 360 at this point. I plan on buying the PS4 before year is out. I know the PS4 has sold more than the X1 so far, but both of these systems are fairly young, and one system isn't normally declared the winner until they've outsold their competition to the point where it is impossible for the competition to catch up. I usually view it as which system I enjoyed the most. So in regards to the 360 and PS3, despite the PS3 selling more systems overall worldwide, I think 360 was the better system because I played it 90% more than the PS3. It just depends on you dude. 

I own them both...love them almost equally, though i use my XB1 more while my son plays Minecraft on the PS4....putting all that epic video processing power to use, lol.

I was blown away by the XB1 2015 E3 showing because of all the angles they are taking to prove the machine as a gamer's rig, & i would say that the slight edge, going forward, rests ever so slightly in XB1's favor. There is a great list of AAA titles coming to both systems, & frankly...enough to warrant owning both. My biggest complaint for both is the need to front-load games, & the lack of foresight with the HDD space is a little bit of a nuisance. That said...you can go grab an external if necessary.

I would be the worst person to ask if needing to decide between 1 or the other...unless i knew your whole bevy of principles at employ.

I've owned systems from all 3 platforms as long as i can remember because i don't want to put limits on my experiences.

Oh....XB1 backwards compatibility is kind of a big deal for some, too.

I'd take a PC over the "Power Twins". Brings in most of the same games as those two and has its own set of PC-only games, plus you can get moar powar if you're into that sort of thing. With all the push from consoles trying to be more than dedicated gaming machines, they've kinda lost the advantage of being dedicated gaming machines and are becoming locked-down lesser-PCs.

It's not that simple though....with PCs being more expensive (unless you know how to build one, & are ok with buying swapable, prone to fail parts on the cheap), all the other uses taking you away from the gaming aspect, & draining memory/power. Then there's the whole preference of playing on a couch with a big screen vs a monitor, or....if you go through all the trouble/money/ugly wiring (or consequential extra expenditures/time/effort to conceal, or make pretty) to have your TV act as a monitor. Then you have the small problem of either computing from the family TV out of necessity, or going through the process of switching cables, moving equipment, or...another expenditure to split or (via high end video card) keep both your personal monitor, & the TV connected at all times.

Of course...there's the laptop option...which is more expensive, problematic, & expensive.

I would love to also add a rig to my collection, but alas.....just as MMO's just aren't my thing, i have accepted that the same is true for PCs.

Ease of use, quarantined functionality (meaning if something goes wrong with your rig, & you can't afford to fix it....now you can't play either), & peace of mind are the main reasons i still go with consoles for my gaming.

Also....would you believe that i don't own a computer? I used to have a whole sound studio in my garage for producing techno (insert insult here x) & shortly after i retired/quit/what have you, my rig died & i never could justify the expenditure.

One thing though......i have witnessed some severe elitism in my life...& i have even been known to partake on the odd occasion (work in progress)....but PC "master race" people make Patriots, & Seahawks fans look like a shining example of humility.

Do not mistake me for the PC Master Race type; I am a Nintendo fan through-and-through. They go and do something different and provide an experience you can't/won't get from a PC.

PCs are not too expensive these days compared to consoles. I mean, you can get an AMD A-10 7870k APU from Amazon right now for $122. Consider that that is the top-of-the-line AMD Desktop APU, while the Power Twins use a mobile APU. Also, I think you're over-stating the hassle/cost of having a PC that can both game and be used for other business.

Speaking of extra costs, though, the Power Twins require you to pay a recurring cost to play online, unlike the PC counterparts (yes, there are MMOs and such with subscriptions, but that is a separate issue). And for each new console, you have to buy new controllers for that console while with PC you can make use of USB/Bluetooth controllers you've collected throughout the years.

If those consoles make you happy, then go for it, but for me and I can choose between an XBone, PS4, and PC, I'll go with the PC. ... and a Wii U. ... RIP Iwata-san

Ftr....i wasn't name calling...just a little off topic.

I hear ya....& really...i miss playing games like Heroes of Might & Magic, & War/Starcraft...but generally it's just so hard....waaaahhhhh.

I do the trade-in thing & keep my costs at a minimum. Actually, on that topic...i have a Best Buy gamer's club membership, & i haven't used out of pocket money for a new game in almost 2 years.

Ftr....i wasn't name calling...just a little off topic.

Yeah, I noticed you hadn't specifically called me out on it, but I just wanted to make sure there was no misunderstanding.

I hear ya....& really...i miss playing games like Heroes of Might & Magic, & War/Starcraft...but generally it's just so hard....waaaahhhhh.

You know, I actually don't do any of those MMOs. To be honest, I don't do too many AAAs, either (partially due to lack of interest, and partially because I stick to Linux which doesn't get as many of the AAAs just yet, but it's starting to grow as a gaming OS). But there are still other PC exclusives out there that interest me (I've got my eyes on you, Star Citizen, don't disappoint me!).

I do the trade-in thing & keep my costs at a minimum. Actually, on that topic...i have a Best Buy gamer's club membership, & i haven't used out of pocket money for a new game in almost 2 years.

I never trade in my old consoles. I've still got my SNES hooked up (I've got an NES hooked up too, but that came later).

edit: what the hell is going on with the quotes? the end-quote at the top there ain't doing crap!

Xbox One has some good stuff going on now too.

Buy Gears 1 remastered ($40) and get Gears 2, 3 and Judgement (360 versions but playable on XB1 60fps) with it for free.

Same thing with Just Cause 3/2

Buy Fallout 4 and get Fallout 3 with it.

They just announced a free DVR for their TV service. Not sure details on that though.

All future Xbox 360 Free Games with Gold will be playable on XB1.

Quantum Break looks pretty impressive. Halo 5 does as well and they announced the RTS Halo Wars 2 today.

Damn.

Might have to grab a XB1

It looks pretty bad ass.  You can get a pretty good Black Friday deal on one most likely.  That's what I did when I bought one.  Saved some money and it came with 2 free games.

Yeah....now THAT'S what i've been waiting for.

Hot damn that looks amazing.

I'm not usually one for single player games, but I think I'm gonna get this next year lol

Ugh....i really REALLY wanted to get the Rare Replay, & Mighty No. 9, but that GOW deal sounds too good to pass up.

I only played the first 1 1/2 (sold my 360 at that time) GOW, & i really wanted to jeeo up with the series.

Decisions, decisions

I don't think the 2,3 and Judgement games will be made available right away. I don't think they will actually be available for download until November when the BC starts.

If that makes a difference.

I'm kinda bummed about Rare Replay because I've heard Jet Force Gemini, which is really worth the whole collection for me, is pretty bad both graphically and with the transition to dual stick controls.

I might have to try it out first with the possibility of returning.

Gears of War got better and better. Well, if you ignore Judgment it got better and better. 2 was better 1, and 3 was better than 2.

Action and gameplay wise, absolutely, but I loved the darker color palette and slight horror vibe of the first one. It seems to be the way they are headed with 4 as well which im pretty happy about.

But adding the new enemies, horde, meat shields and chainsaw duels to the others definitely added to the awesomeness

Re: Rare Replay....i'm in it for Battletoads, RC PRO-AM, Conker, & Perfect Dark. Those alone make it worth it to me.

Of course there are a lot of other classics too. PD is reason enough to get the game too but I played that to death a few years ago when it released for 360 so my most hyped game was Jet Force Gemini which I haven't played probably in 17 years or so. And I knew it was going to take me a long time too. That game probably took me a year and half to beat since I 100% without a guide and found all the tribals and ship parts.

What a classic. Still can't wait to run through it again

Archived