Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

The one thing that bugged me recently was how clunky and slow the menus were. It seems like it takes forever to play a season as well, let alone a franchise.

I got last season's Madden and played it for 2 days total.

It's all bout that online ranked or league action broski.  I'm a Madden Junkie, I'll play the hell out of it no matter what.  Online ranked has cheese, what online game mode on any game doesn't?  

But, the league I'm in with Momma and some others on here, it's fun as **** man, you play some sim games against the CPU, but we do a live draft, talk **** and bust balls on the mic, and you get to play against friends on here, which is fun.  

Then they have the Madden Ultimate Team (MUT) which is fun too, imo.  Collect trading cards, assemble your ultimate team, compete online against others teams, very fun.  

I think their main focus is on online/multiplayer instead of solo play.  

Last years game was basically broken. You couldn't stop CPU QBs from completing a pass unless you sacked them 15 times a game. **** sucked.

I'm an huge metal gear fan and finding out the game has microtransactions just kills me. I guess this is the future of gaming

Yes, you could :)  I never had a QB own me in any online ranked game like you described.  Make the proper adjustments and call the right defensive play.  

I think he said CPU. Isn't online still on All Pro?

Yeah, online is in all-pro mode.

I only play franchise mode against the CPU Taze. Robo QBs and stupid free agency ruined it though. Seeing Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson and Dez Bryant in free agency basically killed franchise mode for me.

I don't do franchise, I just play online and do the league action and MUT.  You should try those modes out, its really a lot of fun man, imo.

So my kids, 7 and 10 are saving up for Xbox1.

Is there any difference between that and PS4? Pretty sure they will have enough by Christmas.

There are, and depending on who you talk to, the differences are extremely significant or not so much. The biggest difference is games exclusive to their respective consoles. The PS4 has certain games that will only be released for PS4- like Uncharted 4, and the same goes for the Xbox One- Halo for instance. Other than that, the differences are relatively minor. The PS4 is slightly more powerful and supports 1080p resolution for games while the Xbox One usually only outputs 900p, but it's barely noticeable. Xbox One also purports to be more than a game system, providing services for TV and other services though i'm not clear on the details. Both systems support blue-rays I believe. Other posters may provide greater detail on the differences, but hope this helps. 

Oh, and I'm a PS4 owner, for the record. 

Is there any difference between that and PS4? Pretty sure they will have enough by Christmas.

Between the power difference, indie support and first party kid friendly games like LittleBigPlanet, Knack, etc... you're probably better off with the PS4.

I own both, both are great consoles.  Really depends on what you are looking for from a exclusive game selection.  The Xbox One offers more media features than the PS4 and you can watch TV through it, snap a window with the ballgame in the corner while you're gaming, etc.

If you can do without the fancy media features, both are basically fairly close as far as gaming power.  I did a lot of research on both consoles before I bought either of them.  I had a write-up on both in this thread a while back, can't find the post though lol.

Bottom line, you won't go wrong with either.  As far as controllers, I give the edge to the Xbox One, sturdier and battery powered, so they last until the AAs run out of juice.  The PS4 controllers, the rubber tabs on the analog sticks seem to be flimsy and peal off fairly quickly with a lot of use and the controller itself loses charge very quickly.  Controller feels good in your hand though.

Here is a review of both:  http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/ps4-vs-xbox-720-which-is-better-1127315/2

I have both and like both. I play PS4 more because more friends are on it and I like the exclusives better. I can tell a difference in the performance of the 2, but, if I had more friends on XB, I'd have no problem playing it more.

I might buy a XB1 for Christmas because my wife is a big Halo fan, but God, I really don't like anything they have in store this year as far as exclusives go, which is all I would use the system for after being invested in my PS+ account for the past year and a half. Multiplats will always get play on the PS4.

Beyond Halo 5, I am interested in the Rare collection, Ori, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3 and whatever the newest Forza game is. Master Chief Collection was tempting until all the complaints and bad press surfaced.

Have the MCC...still playing/loving every minute of it. I don't MO much though so...if that's where the complaints are, then i can't help.

I have a small problem....i want to be interested in Fallout 4, but i need people to explain to me what's so great about the series. I'm sold on Uncharted, & plan on buying the whole remastered shindig, but Fallout never grabbed me.

I 've done an extensive exclusive inventory over the last few weeks over both systems & their lineups over the next year & have my tally at 7 for XB1, & 4 for PS4. This is for games i am seriously interested in, or have already planned on buying.

I will say...i'm coming around to Madden on PS4 so i can play with you classy bunch of gentlemen, but normally...if i'm gonna play online for any reason, i prefer XB1 due to support. Also...i have problems with drop off on the PS4 despite having 300 MPBPS HSO at home, & a SONY rep told me it's because my bandwidth is too fast???

I heavily lean in the XB1 controller's direction, but the latest Dual Shock iteration is the best one yet.

I'm trying to be excited about SFV Alpha or whatever, & it looks amazing, but after the last few fighting games i bought, i've learned that fighting games are only worth the buy if you're going to play online, or have people over a LOT.

I just read about the Mighty No. 9 setback....so unhappy about how that's going down right now.

Homefront, & Scalebound have also piqued my interest

Fallout is awesome. Here are my reasons:

1. Freedom. You can do whatever you want. Want to do the main story? Go ahead. Want to explore? You can do that too. Want to just go around killing things? Knock yourself out.

2. Different ways to play. You can customize/level up your character in so many ways. Be good with guns, or melee weapons, or hacking electronics, lockpicking, etc. etc. Lots of replayability.

3. Good story. It can be a little silly at times but I've always liked Fallouts plots. Your decisions also impact the story, e.g. people/factions you side with and that kind of thing.

4. Smooth gameplay. You would think an FPS/RPG would be clunky but Bethesda pulls it off. If you don't like FPS, you can just enter VATS and play it like an RPG(I normally do this as I prefer playing the game as an RPG and aiming on consoles can suck).

Sounds a bit like an open world Deus-Ex...one of my favorite franchises.

Sounds pretty interesting.

Now...if i haven't played any of the other Fallout games, am i missing too much (hard to know, i guess, as F4 still isn't out yet)? Or you think it should be easy enough to just jump in?

Now...if i haven't played any of the other Fallout games, am i missing too much (hard to know, i guess, as F4 still isn't out yet)? Or you think it should be easy enough to just jump in?

Aside from small references and maybe an Easter Egg here or there, Fallout 4 should be a standalone title that doesn't require any knowledge of the other games to play.

Also, it was recently annlunces that there is over 400 hours of content in Fallout 4. So it should keep people busy for a long time.

It will help you relate to the game better, and give you better instincts on how to navigate the world, but no, I wouldn't say you absolutely have to play the other games to understand Fallout 4.

But you DID miss out on Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I'd recommend playing them both at some point

I read that & saw 400 hours & then thought: "i played over 700 hours on Skyrim & still never finished the game, man i miss Skyrim, i want to play Skyrim, going to play Skyrim."

It will help you relate to the game better, and give you better instincts on how to navigate the world, but no, I wouldn't say you absolutely have to play the other games to understand Fallout 4.

But you DID miss out on Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I'd recommend playing them both at some point

Are they getting the remastered treatment for the current-gen.

I read that & saw 400 hours & then thought: "i played over 700 hours on Skyrim & still never finished the game, man i miss Skyrim, i want to play Skyrim, going to play Skyrim."

Dunno, but id be shocked if they aren't brought back at some point in the future, or at the very least, Fallout 3. Its one of the more iconic games of the last gen era.

I might buy a XB1 for Christmas because my wife is a big Halo fan, but God, I really don't like anything they have in store this year as far as exclusives go, which is all I would use the system for after being invested in my PS+ account for the past year and a half. Multiplats will always get play on the PS4.

Beyond Halo 5, I am interested in the Rare collection, Ori, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3 and whatever the newest Forza game is. Master Chief Collection was tempting until all the complaints and bad press surfaced.

Have you seen Crackdown 3, Quantum Break, the Gears of War collection, Or Rise of the Tomb Raider? Xbox has a ton of exclusives coming out in the next year and a half. More than I think Sony has.

If you've played that much Skyrim then you know what kind of game to expect from Fallout 4. Just add some shooter mechanics and a post apocalyptic setting and likely a better story imo. They are similar games.

Also, if you buy Fallout 4 on Xbox One you get Fallout 3 with it for free and can play through backwards compatibility, upgraded to 60fps. Not a remaster but not a bad way to get into it

Have you seen Crackdown 3, Quantum Break, the Gears of War collection, Or Rise of the Tomb Raider? Xbox has a ton of exclusives coming out in the next year and a half. More than I think Sony has.

Still pissed about Tomb Raider leaving PS. Id get an XB1 just for that alone. One of my favorite franchises

Archived