Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Id probably give 6 games a 10 in my lifetime. I get the idea that no game is perfect but these were pretty much perfect to me.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Red Dead Redemption

Halo: Combat Evolved

Donkey Kong Country 2

Perfect Dark N64

Edit: The Last Of Us

I would add:

Metroid Prime

Super Mario World N64

I just think 10's should he sacred. Like once in a generation. Anything that

gets rated between a 9.5 and a 10 should be enough for folks to get the picture.

Throwing around 10's every year/ two years just screams corporate cheeseball. I can only think of a few games that I have played the last 15 years that can even begin to approach that threshold.

I just think 10's should he sacred. Like once in a generation. Anything that

gets rated between a 9.5 and a 10 should be enough for folks to get the picture.

Throwing around 10's every year/ two years just screams corporate cheeseball. I can only think of a few games that I have played the last 15 years that can even begin to approach that threshold.

I tend to agree...which is why i was shocked at the 10 by IGN. I think their last 10 was for Last of Us. Gamespot gave it a 10 as well, curiously.

For me, the closest of late were Skyrim, & Bioshock...but i realize the subjective quality in those games, which loses the "transcendence" factor that really makes a game a 10 to me. Face it...a game that deserves a perfect rating has to be so good, that most gamers would play it, & enjoy it, regardless of what genre it belongs to.

Which is why none of the Souls games would qualify imo, as well as the aforementioned.

Re: IGN...i will say that they seem to fanboy it up with PS4 titles, & anything from Rockstar. I don't even think they have to try with the next GTA to get a high score from them. Admittedly i'm not a fan of the GTA series....at all...but i can't see how it gets such high praise. If i'm being honest...they haven't been better than 8.5 for my taste. It's just my opinion...but there are much more well put together games that deserve higher praise than that series.

I tend to agree...which is why i was shocked at the 10 by IGN. I think their last 10 was for Last of Us. Gamespot gave it a 10 as well, curiously.

For me, the closest of late were Skyrim, & Bioshock...but i realize the subjective quality in those games, which loses the "transcendence" factor that really makes a game a 10 to me. Face it...a game that deserves a perfect rating has to be so good, that most gamers would play it, & enjoy it, regardless of what genre it belongs to.

Which is why none of the Souls games would qualify imo, as well as the aforementioned.

Re: IGN...i will say that they seem to fanboy it up with PS4 titles, & anything from Rockstar. I don't even think they have to try with the next GTA to get a high score from them. Admittedly i'm not a fan of the GTA series....at all...but i can't see how it gets such high praise. If i'm being honest...they haven't been better than 8.5 for my taste. It's just my opinion...but there are much more well put together games that deserve higher praise than that series.

I agree, especially when it comes to GTA IV, which it is a complete joke that they gave it that. I always come back to GTA IV when I rant on the 10 rating.

Demons Souls def gets a 10 from me. Uncharted 2. Metal Gear (Sons of Liberty). Tekken 3. No Mercy. Goldenye. Maybe Silent Hill 2

I'd give Witcher 3 a 10. And Dragon Age: Origins.

Both of these games were phenomenal. I think I liked the Witcher ever so slightly more, though both of these are some of the best RPG's ever.

I'm looking forward to gaming in October/November. Battlefront, Rainbow Six Siege, The Division, Halo 5, and a few others.

Both of these games were phenomenal. I think I liked the Witcher ever so slightly more, though both of these are some of the best RPG's ever.

I'm looking forward to gaming in October/November. Battlefront, Rainbow Six Siege, The Division, Halo 5, and a few others.

I believe The Division was pushed to Spring 2016 I believe.

That only slightly helps though because I'm going to be broke and jammed up all winter.

My current watch list:

Gears of War Definitive Edition

Dishonored Definitive Edition

Until Dawn

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

FIFA 16

Rockband 4

Halo 5

Battlefront

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Fallout 4

I'd give Witcher 3 a 10. And Dragon Age: Origins.

I tried jumping right into Witcher 3 immediately after getting my platinum in Bloodborne and the combat felt so generic and clunky.  I need to cleanse the palette a bit before giving W3 another shot.

Dragon Age:Origins, along with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic are on my short list of best games ever. Man, Bioware used to really bring it.

Argh...forgot about KOTOR...funny too, just went on a rant with my Brother about how KOTOR is easily the best Star Wars title of all time, & it's not even close.

Origins is another one i couldn't get through. I just felt ground into oblivion, & too restricted by the non-scaling enemies. I kept getting angry/frustrated that i would burn through an area, only to face an impossible group of foes. Then have to eventually let myself succumb to the fact that i would just have to grind up, & return at a yet to be determined time.

Also very buggy. Had a lot NPCs just vanish mid-mission, or a fetch item go missing, only to return inexplicably after a few restarts. My personal favorite though, was the horses....i don't know what sort of programming was governing those things, but it certainly wasn't logic.

Similar reason why Skyrim falls short of a 10 imo as well. When it was all said & done, it just doesn't appeal to a broad enough audience to fall in that "transcendent" category.

Could say the same for Souls games, SH2 (though i LOVED that game), & Deus Ex.

Deus Ex: Invisible War is on my top list of gaming masterpieces....but so many people just couldn't get into it. Same could be said for HL/HL2, & Portal. Absolutely stunning games, but just didn't really make you want it that badly.

Yeah so GameInformer posted "The Basics" of Metal Gear for newcomers to enjoy the game...this was appealing to me since I don't kno a thing about MG series.

Well, if that recap is supposed to help anyone, forget it. Made no sense. Probably more confused now than I was before I read it.

The MGS saga is a total mind****. Sons of Liberty is largely the game responsible. But once you understand (or sorta understand), it is mind blowingly awesome

The MGS saga is a total mind****. Sons of Liberty is largely the game responsible. But once you understand (or sorta understand), it is mind blowingly awesome

I played a decent amount of the PS3 game when I used to go to my friends house a lot. But even then I had no clue what the hell was going on

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to get into this series starting so far behind

Archived