Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Yeah so GameInformer posted "The Basics" of Metal Gear for newcomers to enjoy the game...this was appealing to me since I don't kno a thing about MG series.

Well, if that recap is supposed to help anyone, forget it. Made no sense. Probably more confused now than I was before I read it.

none of that matters.  You're a good person, so I trust that you'll buy the game anyway.  MGS is arguably a top 5 video game series of all time (not sure if you're hip or not to MGS already).  

It will be nominated for GOTY, but lose to Fallout 4.  ;)

Damn it I was all set to wait and get the new metal gear during the steam Christmas sale but now I'm not so sure I can hold out. They do a fall sale too I believe though around Halloween so maaayyybeee I can hold out until then. But, my brain is already screaming at me "it's metal gear you idiot." I held the line on The Witcher 3 though so we will see but that is an RPG that had 16 known Dlcs coming for free along with expansion packs. My backlog on steam from their sales is just so huge I really can't justify getting new games when my backlog has AT LEAST 20 games I really want to play. That doesn't even include wanting to play old games with awesome mods like XCOM The Long War to prepare for XCOM2. Man, great times for gaming.

Ooh, I hope the fall sale brings SOMA on sale. I'm sure it'll fit with some halloween-themed sale or something. I've also been playing XCOM looking forward to 2. I hope the procedural environments will help make it feel fresh longer. I think I also saw something about soldiers being smarter with oversight and not all shooting on the same target and overkilling it while ignoring other targets that come into view.

I played a decent amount of the PS3 game when I used to go to my friends house a lot. But even then I had no clue what the hell was going on

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to get into this series starting so far behind

Yeah if you jumped straight into Guns of the Patriots then id be surprised if you understood a damn thing.

Phantom Pain aint going anywhere. Every game should be available to you on the PS Store.

In order, the series goes:

Metal Gear Solid

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

The first 2 games deal with the "sons" of Big Boss ("Les Enfants Terrible") with Solid Snake as the main protagonist

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (introduction to Big Boss)

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots (Solid Snakes final mission)

Metal Gear Solid: PeaceWalker (Big Boss again, some time after the events that unfold in Snake Eater...imo the second best game of the MGS series)

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (spritual successor to MGS4, featuring Raiden) GREAT game, but not necessarily required to understand the overall story involving Big Boss and the trio of Snakes.

Ground Zeroes (prologue to The Phantom Pain). Picks up where Peacewalker left off.

All of the Big Boss games basically detail his rapid descent into madness, and Phantom Pain is where he pretty much snaps and starts Outer Heaven/Zanzibarland, which is where the two original SNES games (Metal Gear/Metal Gear: Solid Snake) take place, setting the stage for MGS1.

I hoped that those two would get a current gen retcon, but since Kojima got sacked, its likely that it won't happen, or will suck if it DOES happen.

Because Hideo Kojima IS Metal Gear.

So try these out at your own pace. Metal Gear is one of the leading franchises in modern gaming.

Yeah if you jumped straight into Guns of the Patriots then id be surprised if you understood a damn thing.

Phantom Pain aint going anywhere. Every game should be available to you on the PS Store.

In order, the series goes:

Metal Gear Solid

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

The first 2 games deal with the "sons" of Big Boss ("Les Enfants Terrible") with Solid Snake as the main protagonist

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (introduction to Big Boss)

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots (Solid Snakes final mission)

Metal Gear Solid: PeaceWalker (Big Boss again, some time after the events that unfold in Snake Eater...imo the second best game of the MGS series)

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (spritual successor to MGS4, featuring Raiden) GREAT game, but not necessarily required to understand the overall story involving Big Boss and the trio of Snakes.

Ground Zeroes (prologue to The Phantom Pain). Picks up where Peacewalker left off.

All of the Big Boss games basically detail his rapid descent into madness, and Phantom Pain is where he pretty much snaps and starts Outer Heaven/Zanzibarland, which is where the two original SNES games (Metal Gear/Metal Gear: Solid Snake) take place, setting the stage for MGS1.

I hoped that those two would get a current gen retcon, but since Kojima got sacked, its likely that it won't happen, or will suck if it DOES happen.

Because Hideo Kojima IS Metal Gear.

So try these out at your own pace. Metal Gear is one of the leading franchises in modern gaming.

Nice synopsis, but weren't the two original games actually on NES, and the second named metal gear: snakes revenge?

I could be wrong this is just from memory.

Nice synopsis, but weren't the two original games actually on NES, and the second named metal gear: snakes revenge?

I could be wrong this is just from memory.

Yeah, my bad, it was NES. 2 was def nicknamed Solid Snake though. But its Japan, so it may be a Resident Evil/Biohazard thing going on there

Damn it I was all set to wait and get the new metal gear during the steam Christmas sale but now I'm not so sure I can hold out. They do a fall sale too I believe though around Halloween so maaayyybeee I can hold out until then. But, my brain is already screaming at me "it's metal gear you idiot." I held the line on The Witcher 3 though so we will see but that is an RPG that had 16 known Dlcs coming for free along with expansion packs. My backlog on steam from their sales is just so huge I really can't justify getting new games when my backlog has AT LEAST 20 games I really want to play. That doesn't even include wanting to play old games with awesome mods like XCOM The Long War to prepare for XCOM2. Man, great times for gaming.

The truth man. I have about 10 games i have purchased but have yet to download on steam...think my next download will be Bioshock infinite. Played through it on console but kind of rushed it. 

Went in to BB last night with the intent to swap a game. As they began to tell me their trade-in system was down, i found a gift card i had been hoarding in my wallet for some time now. Wound up buying GOW: Ultimate, & keeping the other game.

Score! Lol

Have you played GOW yet? Let me know what you think. I'm a big Gears guy, not really online but for campaign, co-op and horde. 

Waiting for my install to finish now...i played the first 2 Gears games back in the day, really excited about playing 3 & 4.

I'll give my summation when i get some hours in. T'was a looonnng 12hr work-day, so i need to chainsaw me some Horde!

Oh yeah...getting Fallout 4. Also Uncharted Nathan Drake collection, Halo 5, MGSV, & Uncharted 4 when that's released.

Just finished DL for Mega Man Legacy collection, & loving Rare Replay.

On the fence about Battlefront.

Really want Forza 6, but doubt i'll find any time to play it...which is also why i have considered trading in Madden (i have EA Access) & getting an external HD.

Also can't wait for Mighty No. 9, & ReCore.

Has anyone in here played Until Dawn in here? Thinking about picking it up this weekend.

Never understand the hype around the Fallout series. Have played 3 and New Vegas, but never could get fully into it and finish the games.

In November I will be playing Star Wars Battlefront and the Uncharted collection.

Has anyone in here played Until Dawn in here? Thinking about picking it up this weekend.

Never understand the hype around the Fallout series. Have played 3 and New Vegas, but never could get fully into it and finish the games.

In November I will be playing Star Wars Battlefront and the Uncharted collection.

I want to get it but $60 seems way too much for a game that's only like 10 hours long and is built around constant replays. Especially since I'll be getting MGS and then of course Fallout in November.

Archived