Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Fellow PS gamers if you haven't taken advantage of the PSN sale yet you are in luck. Below is a link to a deal for $50 PSN card for $40. I bought two. Because PSN is also running a special..... get $15 for spending $100 on the store. All told combining the deals you get $115 PSN for $80 out of pocket. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Sony-Playstation-Network-Card-for-only-40-Email-delivery-20-OFF/261681290189?afsrc=1&rmvSB=true&rmvSB=true&rmvSB=true

I am going to buy a new TV, most likely a Sony and I saw there are some that allow you to play PS3 games through the TV with just a controller. Does anyone have experience with this? How much does it cost? Does it work well?

Also, does the XboxOne play 3D movies?

Are you talking about the Playstation TV?  The new one allows remote play on any TV in the house.  http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/22/nearly-700-games-available-to-play-on-playstation-tv-on-day-one-this-october-2/

Both the Xbox One and PS4 play 3D blu-ray movies.  Though I have not played any movies on them yet, so I can't confirm the quality or if they have any issues.

Are you talking about the Playstation TV?  The new one allows remote play on any TV in the house.  http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/22/nearly-700-games-available-to-play-on-playstation-tv-on-day-one-this-october-2/

Both the Xbox One and PS4 play 3D blu-ray movies.  Though I have not played any movies on them yet, so I can't confirm the quality or if they have any issues.

I think that's it. The TV comes with the Playstation TV receiver built in and you just need the controller to pair with it, based on the ad.

Good to know about the XB1, although how were they able to add it in an update? Seems like the kind of thing that would have to be built in to the system? Does anyone have experience with the quality? 

Edit: Apparently the TV comes ready with Playstation Now and you can stream games though that. Don't know if that's different, but I'm probably going to buy the TV regardless. 

Saw on Gamespot earlier that Bethesda will have their own presentation at this year's E3 similar to how EA and Ubisoft have been doing recently.

It seems if they have going to do something that big it's going to include the Fallout 4 announcement and details.

Doom as well, which may explain why they have the stage. Those are two heavyhitters.

Fallout 4 is long overdue.

Looking at the history, Fallout games every 3-4 years. Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel came out in 2004. Fallout 3 in 2008. Fallout: New Vegas in 2010. So they definitely need to make a new one, especially now that next gen is out.

Elder Scrolls is coming up soon too though. Morrowind came out in 2002, Oblivion in 06, and Skyrim in 11. By that timeline 2015-2016 would be time for a new one. I doubt they'd release both the same year, so my guess is Fallout this year and Elder Scrolls sometime next year.

Doom as well, which may explain why they have the stage. Those are two heavyhitters.

Is Doom even relevant anymore now that John Romero and John Carmack have both left? It was bad enough when Romero left and the game design was taken over by some other guy, but with Carmack gone, they don't even have somebody to make them a fancy new impressive game engine that isn't full of bugs.

Is Doom even relevant anymore now that John Romero and John Carmack have both left? It was bad enough when Romero left and the game design was taken over by some other guy, but with Carmack gone, they don't even have somebody to make them a fancy new impressive game engine that isn't full of bugs.

We'll soon find out. Theyre supposed to have a beta coming out soon. But yeah I wasn't feeling the last Doom

Fallout 4 is long overdue.

Looking at the history, Fallout games every 3-4 years. Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel came out in 2004. Fallout 3 in 2008. Fallout: New Vegas in 2010. So they definitely need to make a new one, especially now that next gen is out.

Elder Scrolls is coming up soon too though. Morrowind came out in 2002, Oblivion in 06, and Skyrim in 11. By that timeline 2015-2016 would be time for a new one. I doubt they'd release both the same year, so my guess is Fallout this year and Elder Scrolls sometime next year.

What about TES Online? They probably didn't make that one right since it's such a different game, just uses the same property. Also, if it's announced at E3 its way too soon for a release this year. I'd say FO4 2016 and TES 2017.

What about TES Online? They probably didn't make that one right since it's such a different game, just uses the same property. Also, if it's announced at E3 its way too soon for a release this year. I'd say FO4 2016 and TES 2017.

If it's anything like PC, it won't be any good from a multiplayer PvP perspective.  You can hit max level pretty quick by grinding PvE.  Though there are a lot of good quests and looking for skyshards if you enjoy that stuff.  Once you hit the max level, you can continue through the story line on the other zones, where stuff it a lot harder due to the high XP needed.  

At least that was how it was on PC.

So on Dying Light I just made it across to the other part of the city...not sure how far along in the game I am (50%???)..but it feels like I'm starting new..

Really liking this game..for what I get to play of it.

Yeah I just got there over the weekend. I love the verticality of this side of town. It makes great use of the grappling hook and it feels pretty similar to Assassins Creed 2 in some ways.

Not sure how far I am either. Stuff escalates pretty quickly over here though.

Rayman Legends is the free game of the month (March Games with Gold) for XBox One starting Sunday.

Pretty highly ranked reviews, from what I can tell.

I got this on the Wii U and its a very fun and unique platformer. It's the only Rayman game I've played too so I need to eventually get the others. My wife is not a gamer by any means but even she beat this game. She fell in love and thought it was a blast.

The Rayman series is fantastic. It's a shame Ubisoft doesn't make more games like it.

Lol be careful what you say about Ubisoft, otherwise they will annual release Rayman too and run it into the ground like they do everything else

I got this on the Wii U and its a very fun and unique platformer. It's the only Rayman game I've played too so I need to eventually get the others. My wife is not a gamer by any means but even she beat this game. She fell in love and thought it was a blast.

I figure you'd probably want to get Origins, as Legends was built on the same engine. I remember enjoying the 3D Rayman games on the N64 when I was a little one, but I don't know how well they hold up today as I haven't played them in a LOOONG time.

Lol be careful what you say about Ubisoft, otherwise they will annual release Rayman too and run it into the ground like they do everything else

Say what you will about Ubisoft the publisher, but Ubisoft Montpellier, the developer of Rayman, seem to be a pretty stand-up group.

Somewhat related note, I saw the creator of Rayman, Michel Ancel, started his own independent studio last year. Their first project looks intriguing even if it's on a console I don't plan on owning. Don't know how I hadn't noticed it before. http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/12/introducing-wild-ps4-exclusive-rayman-creator-michel-ancel/

So on Dying Light I just made it across to the other part of the city...not sure how far along in the game I am (50%???)..but it feels like I'm starting new..

Really liking this game..for what I get to play of it. 

Would say youre a little more than half way...prob like 60-70%. I enjoyed the slums much better than old town. Still had a lot of fun playing that game.

I figure you'd probably want to get Origins, as Legends was built on the same engine. I remember enjoying the 3D Rayman games on the N64 when I was a little one, but I don't know how well they hold up today as I haven't played them in a LOOONG time.

I forgot about that, I do remember playing a 3D Rayman game on the N64 that was a lot of fun. I was thinking of 2D sided rollers similar to Legends.

I'll check out Origins too, I'm sure the wife will love it as well.

Would say youre a little more than half way...prob like 60-70%. I enjoyed the slums much better than old town. Still had a lot of fun playing that game.

There is more diversity in the slums and you have more story during that part of the game so I'm sure that is how I will end up feeling too but it's nice that Old Town mixes it up so much.

There is more diversity in the slums and you have more story during that part of the game so I'm sure that is how I will end up feeling too but it's nice that Old Town mixes it up so much.

Yea, it was totally unexpected that there was another whole section yet to be visited. I wish i spent more time doing the side missions prior to unlocking Old Town tho. Few weapon upgrades i got that i wished i had prior to completing the game.  

Yea, it was totally unexpected that there was another whole section yet to be visited. I wish i spent more time doing the side missions prior to unlocking Old Town tho. Few weapon upgrades i got that i wished i had prior to completing the game.

I'm the opposite, I finished every side mission in the slums before going to old town. It wasn't even really intentional, I was just having fun doing that and putting off the story.

My character is almost fully maxed out too. I'm going to enjoy new game plus

MY PS4 arrives today. Any suggestions for my first game? It comes with Last of Us Remastered, but I already played through that on PS3. I'm debating between Destiny and Far Cry 4. I'm leaning Far Cry 4 as it will give me hours of single player use before I'd have to shell out more money for online play and a headset..

MY PS4 arrives today. Any suggestions for my first game? It comes with Last of Us Remastered, but I already played through that on PS3. I'm debating between Destiny and Far Cry 4. I'm leaning Far Cry 4 as it will give me hours of single player use before I'd have to shell out more money for online play and a headset..

Played both. Far Cry 4 is fun. Its very similar to Far Cry 3 and begins to get a little repetitive but its a good quality game. Destiny i enjoyed as well. You dont necessarily need a mic if youre not playing with friends. You can do the online stuff without talking to anyone.

If youre looking for something to have a lot of fun with just single player campaign i would prob put Dying Lyght a bit higher than Far Cry. But cant really go wrong with either game.  

Archived