Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

MY PS4 arrives today. Any suggestions for my first game? It comes with Last of Us Remastered, but I already played through that on PS3. I'm debating between Destiny and Far Cry 4. I'm leaning Far Cry 4 as it will give me hours of single player use before I'd have to shell out more money for online play and a headset..

Just got my PS4 a couple weeks ago and I've definitely put the One on hold for a little bit.

Far Cry 4 was my first buy and I love it (still playing through the single player). Then I got the P.T. demo and played through that (pretty sweet). Life is Strange is a pretty cool game (episodic game).

That's all I've gotten to so far. I'd definitely recommend Far Cry though. It's alot of fun.

I played Dying Light on the One and I'd probably put it above Far Cry. I'm a zombie/horror nut though so....

Thanks guys. I was looking into Dying Light as well. Does it play similar to The Last of Us? Far Cry 4 seemed appealing because outside of the main storyline there are a lot of side missions to keep the game interesting for awhile. Does Dying Light provide a lot of replay value?

Thanks guys. I was looking into Dying Light as well. Does it play similar to The Last of Us? Far Cry 4 seemed appealing because outside of the main storyline there are a lot of side missions to keep the game interesting for awhile. Does Dying Light provide a lot of replay value?

Dying Light isn't similar to TLOU. It's a FPS open world/sandbox game most similar to Dead Island if you added Mirror's Edge parkour to traversing the city. It's got quite a bit of side missions and challenges to do was well as a pretty cool character upgrade/progression system thsy gives you new abilities and strengths. I think it has quite s bit of replay value including new game plus where you carry your abilities over to a new game but with stronger enemies as well.

I didn't have fun with Destiny and haven't touched FC4 yet but I'd put Dying Light as my favorite PS4/XB1 era game so far. It's been great. Also, if you are into survival horror, you might want to check out the remastered Resident Evil which is on the PSN store for like $20 I think.

Dying Light isn't similar to TLOU. It's a FPS open world/sandbox game most similar to Dead Island if you added Mirror's Edge parkour to traversing the city. It's got quite a bit of side missions and challenges to do was well as a pretty cool character upgrade/progression system thsy gives you new abilities and strengths. I think it has quite s bit of replay value including new game plus where you carry your abilities over to a new game but with stronger enemies as well.

I didn't have fun with Destiny and haven't touched FC4 yet but I'd put Dying Light as my favorite PS4/XB1 era game so far. It's been great. Also, if you are into survival horror, you might want to check out the remastered Resident Evil which is on the PSN store for like $20 I think.

Dying light was a blast. Make sure you do the Mario level to get the glider suit.

ME4 is definitely happening. It was confirmed at E3 over the summer. I haven't seen any details on it since

On a podcast, I read the story is supposed to take place at the same time that Shepard and crew are trying to save the Galaxy. I'm not enthused with that idea, unless it is a roundabout way of fixing the glaring plot holes and storyline deadend created by ME3. 

On a podcast, I read the story is supposed to take place at the same time that Shepard and crew are trying to save the Galaxy. I'm not enthused with that idea, unless it is a roundabout way of fixing the glaring plot holes and storyline deadend created by ME3.

That's pretty interesting. I'm not thrilled with that idea and unless you are playing as God Boy I don't see what else it's going to help fix.

It needs to be set way after Shepard imo, they have to distance this new trilogy or series from the huge galaxy saving acts of the first 3 just so it doesn't feel like so much less of a threat, whatever it is going on in the new game.

That's pretty interesting. I'm not thrilled with that idea and unless you are playing as God Boy I don't see what else it's going to help fix.

It needs to be set way after Shepard imo, they have to distance this new trilogy or series from the huge galaxy saving acts of the first 3 just so it doesn't feel like so much less of a threat, whatever it is going on in the new game.

I bought the whole mass effect series, never played them and traded them in when I got my One. I feel like an idiot for doing so but I just couldn't get back into my 360 once the One dropped. It's the same reason I never got Stick of truth even though I'm a big south park fan.

They mentioned going and "Exploring another part of the galaxy". Seems like that would open up many possibilities, but its still the Milky Way, which is Reaper territory.

And it looks like you still at least have the option of being an Alliance soldier, because they showed N7 armor in that E3 vid.

Hopefully they've moved on from the Reapers, and Cerberus. As awesome as the Harbinger/Sovereign/Saren/Collectors/Illusive Man stuff was, its over.

I wonder if they try something that pays homage to alien conspiracy theories. Its hard to get more creepy than an entire fleet of killer ai ships that can harvest your organs, or enslave you through mind control.

I bought the whole mass effect series, never played them and traded them in when I got my One. I feel like an idiot for doing so but I just couldn't get back into my 360 once the One dropped. It's the same reason I never got Stick of truth even though I'm a big south park fan.

Same thing happened to me with South Park but my 360 died right when I got the PS4 and 1 so I never went back.

You should really check out the ME series though. It's a high point of last gen and will set you up well in the universe for what's coming this gen.

Initially bought Mass Effect 2 around the time it came out, then gave it to a cousin because I had zero time to play it.

Went all in on The trilogy about a year ago, and I can safely say that ME is not a game... Its an experience. Just gut it out through 1's gameplay and the Mako missions, but enjoy the rest.

Christopher Nolan weeps at the narrative ME creates

Mass Effect on the current gen is going to be stupid

I've heard rumors that Bioware will announce the trilogy with updated visuals on the new systems during E3. We'll see.

I wouldn't mind playing the first ME with HD graphics, the original is blurry even on a 720p tv.

I've heard rumors that Bioware will announce the trilogy with updated visuals on the new systems during E3. We'll see.

I wouldn't mind playing the first ME with HD graphics, the original is blurry even on a 720p tv.

With most new games bombing terribly lately I'd be totally cool with some updated 360 games for the one. An upgraded Fallout 3 would make me very happy but it will never happen.

Yeah I heard it's super short, like 5 hour campaign. You can't have a single player only game and have it be that short, that's just absurd.

It looked like it could have been pretty cool premise, but they failed horribly in execution.

Picked up the Order last night and played through the first half. Impressions? I'm absolutely loving it. All of the complaints surrounding the game are accurate, however i've decided after playing it that the commonly held criticisms are in fact, the game's strengths. The overall aesthetics of the game- from the graphical fidelity to the art direction, are breathtaking. The story and characters are interesting as well. Yes it's linear and yes it's occasionally restrictive in player controlled freedom But it's such a refreshing and exhilarating experience, that i have no difficulties overlooking these "trifles." It's exactly what i needed after completing both Far Cry 4 and Assassins Creed: Unity- both huge open world games with lengthy narratives. Just my opinion of course, but highly recommended. 

Initially bought Mass Effect 2 around the time it came out, then gave it to a cousin because I had zero time to play it.

Went all in on The trilogy about a year ago, and I can safely say that ME is not a game... Its an experience. Just gut it out through 1's gameplay and the Mako missions, but enjoy the rest.

Christopher Nolan weeps at the narrative ME creates

Mass Effect on the current gen is going to be stupid

You have me convinced. I bought the trilogy, or maybe it was just 1 and 2, during the Steam sale last summer. I've put off even starting it. Been replaying Final Fantasy X due to the HD version so I am looking for another story-driven game. Think it's time to finally start ME this weekend. 

You have me convinced. I bought the trilogy, or maybe it was just 1 and 2, during the Steam sale last summer. I've put off even starting it. Been replaying Final Fantasy X due to the HD version so I am looking for another story-driven game. Think it's time to finally start ME this weekend.

Like I said before, the combat system and Mako exploration missions are taxing, but just gut it out through them. The artifacts, elements, and secret. Compounds you uncover will all come in handy. Name of the game is exploration and conversation.

Never turn down the chance to talk to someone and see whats on their mind. The way in which you answer them (and handle certain decisions) will up your Paragon/Renegade score, which unlocks special dialogue that comes in handy when you need to make major league decisions

Yeah it's just so much fun talking to every single person and exploring all their conversation trees. It impacts skill progression and you also learn a lot, sometimes even pick up clues and hints about missions or objectives.

Not to mention, your choices, missions results and conversations carry over to the other games. Its really like one 7 year long game that takes place rather than 3 separate games.

The voice acting is top notch and the lore/world that is created is amazing.

I spent so much time just going through the codex learning about this universe.

Edit: as said above, the combat can be rough but it gets a lot better once you get used to it. Don't forget you can assign certain attacks to specific team members and give them directions during battle which is extremely helpful. Take advantage of that, and try to put together teams with skills that go together.

My team went together well, Garrus because he was a badass and Ashley because of dat ass. So I had asses covered all around.

But seriously, their unique abilities come in handy so be sure to mix and match and find what works best for you.

ME2 was the ****. I played the first one and loved it too, even though reflecting back, it was quite clunky. But it set up such a badass universe, that you look past the grind in that game.

The second one was straight badass. That green Krell assassin was my main side kick. 

I really enjoyed the third one too.

So hyped for the next gen Mass Effect. Supposedly the release date is some time in October 2016.

Archived