Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Wow, bravo. I would have never even thought to swim out there. At night i usually just go to the junk yard and draw the dead in. Its a safe house in which you can get agility points inside. Through a firecracker and let them all come over. Hop the fence and go on a rampage. Nice way to level up if youre close.

Haha I was doing this exact same thing at Jeff's Fortress last night and ended up getting caught from behind as I was hopping the gate back over and lost 4,000 survivor points. Most I've ever plots or seen lost.

I was even staring at the bed debating whether I should claim the 4,000 and call it a night or go try to level up some more and sure enough I screed myself

Except for the George Romero ones..that attack you when you aren't expecting it.. and they can climb.

I hate those ****s. Those always come in pairs for me too so it's a real pain.

The one knock I've read from people is that it is a "fetch" game. If you don't like those, then it might not be worth it at full price.

Me personally, I'm having fun and the running, jumping, free style with hand to hand combat is addicting.

I agree with this and mostly any RPG is a fetch game to some degree but this one not having fast travel really stretches out the missions and makes it noticeable.

It really doesn't bother me though because like you said, I'm having too much fun being out and about. I love that each mission requires a dangerous trek across the city.

I even go out at night and don't use my flashlight just have the moonlight guide me and try to make it across the map or to certain mission objectives.

It's addicting

The zombies crack me up. They really are so stupid. Walking into spikes or falling off of rooftops is funny to watch.

I love the grapple move so much because I can easily just toss them into spikes for instakills. Such a satisfying sound effect too as the spikes rip through them.

That and bashing the HVAC guys tanks and watching them rag doll helicopter around in the air or shoot down the road before exploding are some of my favorite ways to pass time in this game. No matter what I'm doing I can't see one of those guys and not stop to blow up his tank

The one knock I've read from people is that it is a "fetch" game. If you don't like those, then it might not be worth it at full price.

Me personally, I'm having fun and the running, jumping, free style with hand to hand combat is addicting.

I'm having a blast scavenging

I couldn't resist.  I just bought Resident Evil, remastered in HD on Xbox One.   I loved that game man.  Bought it back in 1996/97 in college.  Wife loved it, just wanted to watch me play it cause it was just awesome.

Surprised they didn't wait until next year to release it again, on its 20th anniversary, but pumped I can play it again.  

I play games on my PS4 and Xbox One with the systems hooked up to my PC monitor.  My PC monitor does not have any speakers built in, nor does it have a jack to hook up extra speakers to it.  On the PS3 and 360, it was easy.  I bought a cheap converter box that was analog audio/video (both input and output).  

For the PS3, it came with that hookup cable with regular audio video L/R cable and had an HDMI slot.  So I was able to hook it up to the monitor with the hdmi cable, then use the other cable and hook up to the converter box and hook a spare set of PC speakers up to that to get sound. 

Well now, both systems are HDMI only, so I've been playing without sound, which is fine for me on the PS4, cause I can use my turtle beach headset if I want sound.  The problem lies within the Xbox One.  My headset won't work for that via usb port, also if you have the free headset hooked up to the controller, it only gives you in game voice chat, not any sound from the game itself.

Questions:

1.  Is SPDIF, optical and TOSLINK all the same thing?

2.  I know the Xbox One has a SPDIF optical output.  Is that the same for the PS4?  It just says optical.

3.  If I buy an SPDIF cable (both ends), it should work with both systems correct?

I'm going to buy a digital to analog converter box with SPDIF as an input.  But wanted to make sure that it was the same thing before I dropped any $$$ to find out I got one that would only work with one system.  I've tried shopping around and I think they are all the same inputs, but want some confirmation, from someone that knows more about that stuff than myself.

Edit:  Looking at the PC speakers, its just regular ones with the stereo out, not actual audio L/R (white and red) jacks.  So would I need something like this:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L3OZK1G?psc=1  or this:  http://www.amazon.com/Portta-PETDASMP-Premium-Digital-Converter/dp/B007S6U7I4/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1423067993&sr=1-14&keywords=digital+to+analog+converter+box I don't want to drop a lot of money.

Not sure if you would rather do something similar with the Xbone but you can buy the headset adapter for the controller for like $20 and plug any headset into the controller for sound.

I either play with the Xbox One Stereo headset or i will plug my beats in if i'm not looking to chat with anyone.

If you buy the Xbox One Stereo headset they include the adapter with it. So really only end up spending like $20 for the headphones....just another option i guess.  

I bought this one over Xmas time for $39.99 at Best Buy and it's been awesome. 

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.298229800?srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=39-22175019-2&WT.mc_id=US_datafeed_Google

All it requires is an update to your controller (which is simple to do - just follow the directions given with the headset).

So, the free headset with the One won't allow game audio, just chat.  But those y'all recommended, provide both game audio and chat audio.  This is the one thing I hate about Microsoft.  They always gotta nickel and dime ya.  We don't support your headset, but you can buy a converter that will allow it to work.  

Or here is a free headset that comes with the system you can chat with........but if you want to hear game sound, then you have to buy a new headset.  Granted I know most people hook it up to a TV with sound, just my rant lol.

So, the free headset with the One won't allow game audio, just chat.  But those y'all recommended, provide both game audio and chat audio.  This is the one thing I hate about Microsoft.  They always gotta nickel and dime ya.  We don't support your headset, but you can buy a converter that will allow it to work.  

Or here is a free headset that comes with the system you can chat with........but if you want to hear game sound, then you have to buy a new headset.  Granted I know most people hook it up to a TV with sound, just my rant lol.

Yeah, I hate that Microsoft had to make the mic plug in unique so you are limited in what you buy.  

For the Destiny guys, my son had had the worst luck with Exotics.  He had none up until this past weekend.  Saturday, he got Vex Mythoclast during the Vault of Glass raid and yesterday, during the Weekly Nightfall, he got Gjallahorn.  He's been on cloud nine.

I have the bigger Xbox One headset, Microsoft not Turtle beach. The game volume plays through the headset and you can adjust between game and chat volume through the adapter that comes with the headset.

I'm using a Tritton headset with surround sound. I have the Optical cable connected to the Optical port of my 47" LG. I use that adapter and funnel all of it's settings into voice chat so I can talk to my friends, but I get my game sound from the TV itself. I feel it's the best I can do with X1 just having a stereo adapter for headsets. Also, this setup allows me to switch to my 360 or any other device connected to the TV and still get surround sound. 

Yeah, I hate that Microsoft had to make the mic plug in unique so you are limited in what you buy.  

For the Destiny guys, my son had had the worst luck with Exotics.  He had none up until this past weekend.  Saturday, he got Vex Mythoclast during the Vault of Glass raid and yesterday, during the Weekly Nightfall, he got Gjallahorn.  He's been on cloud nine.

I have an exotic weapon and armor for all three of my characters. This is what I do to get exotics:

- I put all of their materials into my vault, so I have the maximum use for all three whenever I'm using one.

- I'll do the Daily Weekly Strike with all three characters, maximizing my ascendant materials, motes of light, and strange coins. 

- When Xur, the Stranger of the Nine shows up on Fridays and Saturdays, I purchase or upgrade my exotics with him. He is always in the Tower on those two days, but he's never in the same place twice in a row. You just have to do a little searching around to find him. 

- New exotics to purchase are just 13 strange coins. Your son may have accumulated a whole lot over his time playing without even realizing it. 

I have an exotic weapon and armor for all three of my characters. This is what I do to get exotics:

- I put all of their materials into my vault, so I have the maximum use for all three whenever I'm using one.

- I'll do the Daily Weekly Strike with all three characters, maximizing my ascendant materials, motes of light, and strange coins. 

- When Xur, the Stranger of the Nine shows up on Fridays and Saturdays, I purchase or upgrade my exotics with him. He is always in the Tower on those two days, but he's never in the same place twice in a row. You just have to do a little searching around to find him. 

- New exotics to purchase are just 13 strange coins. Your son may have accumulated a whole lot over his time playing without even realizing it. 

I do the exact same thing you do.  We only had 1 PS4 up until December, so he played with my characters. We got him his own and he's had to power them up himself. He's working on a second character now.  I've only had 1 drop for me (Plan C), but I've purchased Patience and Time and did an exotic bounty for Thorn.  I should be due for something good.  I have lots of Exotic armor/helmets.

Ok so I downloaded the beta battlefield hardline and played for like 3 hrs last night. I don't think it will be a game I wil buy. They give you 2 Conquest maps in this game. Stealing cars and driving them as long as you can to deplete the other teams tickets is the main objective, unless I missed something it was kinda pointless. Longer you drive the vehicles and keep them away from the other team the more points you score . Points are cash which you can use to purchase weapons and attachments .

Anyone else checked this game out yet?

Ok so I downloaded the beta battlefield hardline and played for like 3 hrs last night. I don't think it will be a game I wil buy. They give you 2 Conquest maps in this game. Stealing cars and driving them as long as you can to deplete the other teams tickets is the main objective, unless I missed something it was kinda pointless. Longer you drive the vehicles and keep them away from the other team the more points you score . Points are cash which you can use to purchase weapons and attachments .

Anyone else checked this game out yet?

That sounds pretty boring. I think I'll pass as well. 

Played hardline a little more today. I noticed that there are 3 game modes besides the one I described above. There is Hotwire which is what I talked about already. Stealing and repo of cars just isn't fun.

The other 2 are a large scale conquest , control the flags and then there is Heist ( bank robbery) steal the cash and try and to the get to the extraction zone and escape. Fun for so long , again not a game I intend to get.

IMO this is Dice 's worst battlefield yet.

Hardlinnnnneeeee

downloading the beta now but I won't buy into the negativity, I mean you have heists going on here. Rob some banks up in this **** and run Furious 8 with Hotwire lol 

I don't want my BF game littered with ****ing GTA ripoff elements.  I want war, battles.  If I wanted to get chased by the cops I'd play Need for Speed Rivals or GTA.  

I just want to wear camo, unlock weapons/attachments and shoot peeps.  

I couldn't resist. I just bought Resident Evil, remastered in HD on Xbox One. I loved that game man. Bought it back in 1996/97 in college. Wife loved it, just wanted to watch me play it cause it was just awesome.

Surprised they didn't wait until next year to release it again, on its 20th anniversary, but pumped I can play it again.

I bought it a week or so ago and got stumped pretty early on and then ended up getting Dying Light which has taken up most of ps4 time.

I need to get back in it, man it's awesome. So nostalgic and new. I actually didn't play the remake on the GameCube so this is a very fresh visit to the mansion for me. I realize I've forgotten quite a bit of this and that most of my memories came from RE2. Speaking of that, I can't wait for a RE2 remaster like this.

I bought it a week or so ago and got stumped pretty early on and then ended up getting Dying Light which has taken up most of ps4 time.

I need to get back in it, man it's awesome. So nostalgic and new. I actually didn't play the remake on the GameCube so this is a very fresh visit to the mansion for me. I realize I've forgotten quite a bit of this and that most of my memories came from RE2. Speaking of that, I can't wait for a RE2 remaster like this.

I ended up ordering a digital to analog w/stereo converter box and an optical cable to hook up my speakers to the Xbox and PS4.  Supposed to arrive tomorrow, then I'm gonna go balls deep in Resident Evil.  I played a tad without sound.  This is one game that requires sound or its just not the same.

How remastered is it?

It's in HD, but its not the best quality.  But a lot better than when released on PS1.  For $20, I think it's worth it.  

I don't want my BF game littered with ****ing GTA ripoff elements. I want war, battles. If I wanted to get chased by the cops I'd play Need for Speed Rivals or GTA.

I just want to wear camo, unlock weapons/attachments and shoot peeps.

It plays Te exact same as battlefield. One might even suggest it's better with heist

Plus battlefield has done city before...metro in paris, siege of shanghai...dawnbreaker...strike at kaRkland, mashtuur city, jalalabad

How remastered is it?

HD character models and updated 3D backgrounds. Most importantly, the option for no tank controls. Some of the spots still look kinda ugly like the cemetery area off the main staircase but it looks pretty good overall for the most part. You can also use the Jill/Chris character models from RE5 if you want. Not sure what other content updates might be included as I'm still pretty early in the game.

I played a tad without sound. This is one game that requires sound or its just not the same.

Yeah I always make sure it's at night and the lights are off, sound up and wife preferably asleep when I play games like this, Outlast, The Evil Within etc.

Really adds to the atmosphere.

It plays Te exact same as battlefield. One might even suggest it's better with heist

Plus battlefield has done city before...metro in paris, siege of shanghai...dawnbreaker...strike at kaRkland, mashtuur city, jalalabad

Yeah, I gotta calm down and keep reminding myself this is beta.  All the game modes and maps aren't available yet.  I don't mind it being in a city at all.  I just don't like the idea of Heist, unless it offers team and squad death match modes for all maps.  

Archived