Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I believe Cheney was playing chess with Bush while he though they were playing checkers.  I don't think Bush was stupid, either, but not on the same level of cunning as some of the sharks he surrounded himself with.  For someone as well intended as he seems, its amazing how much Cheney was able to get away with concerning Halliburton and such.

And Bush did not help himself in the public perception of being a brain fart factory:

Oh...oh, yeah, those were rough.

But on the other hand, now that I'm in radio, I have a lot more sympathy for verbal brain farts. It's hard to get your brain and your mouth on the same page sometimes.

10 minutes ago, brandymac27 said:

Why can't I post tweets? All I get is a long ass URL when I copy and paste the twitter link. 

Most tweets all you have to do it paste the URL and the new board software will format it correctly (before you even hit submit reply). Not all tweets are the same though.

I usually get the URL from the " ... More", "copy link to tweet"... it can be found next to the "heart".

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Most tweets all you have to do it paste the URL and the new board software will format it correctly (before you even hit submit reply). Not all tweets are the same though.

I usually get the URL from the " ... More", "copy link to tweet"... it can be found next to the "heart".

This is what I do basically. I'm always on mobile so I'll pull it up on the mobile app and in the top right there's a drop down tab where you can get the direct link

yFGmN5Q.jpg

Then when you paste the link it automatically formats it here. Link looks like this...

3ITCAd2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Predicto said:

There's a particular reason for that.... this year.   

I've tried to make this point over and over and over again. Any other year, I wouldn't give a **** if you wrote in Count Chocula. Hell I wasn't even mad at Nader voters in 2000. This year is completely different though. I don't understand why that's so hard to get.

Me thinks that possibly a Trump win isn't the threat to them on a personal level like it is to many of us. That allows them to say **** it and throw their vote away. When my family and loved ones are impacted though, I'm definitely not forgetting who helped make it possible.

7 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

I've tried to make this point over and over and over again. Any other year, I wouldn't give a **** if you wrote in Count Chocula. Hell I wasn't even mad at Nader voters in 2000. This year is completely different though. I don't understand why that's so hard to get.

Me thinks that possibly a Trump win isn't the threat to them on a personal level like it is to many of us. That allows them to say **** it and throw their vote away. When my family and loved ones are impacted though, I'm definitely not forgetting who helped make it possible.

I hear ya here and I'm inclined to agree overall but I'm a person of color, living in the middle of "Trump Country" whose main occupation is in journalism and has left-wing leanings. I've got a lot at stake in this election and if Trump is elected, it's gonna be bad times for me and people like me. 

But that's the case if Trump loses, too. It may be even worse if he loses from a social standpoint. Remember: Trump supporters have been told that I'm the enemy for nigh on a year, confirming suspicions they already had. If I stay here much longer, I'm in for some bad times regardless of the outcome. I'd be the reason why he lost - even though I've done little to no reporting on the Presidential election.

With the way the GOP and conservatism is going in general, I shudder to think what hell 2020 will bring.

The major opposition dump rumors had been flying around all morning. Most of this coming from some random Ukrainian journalist that there will be a major Russia/Trump oppo dump tomorrow.

And just now Kurt Eichenwald tweeted out that tomorrow will be one of the major news pieces of the election. 

Unless there is some massive evidence of direct Trump/Kremlin networking, it will fall on deaf ears. I'm thinking its stuff related to Manafort, which IMO is easily the most direct we've come to understanding why Trump kisses Putins ass so much. 

But again, it has to be a massive wrong doing to make any sort of difference right now.

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah I was just thinking back to the various comments about how every time someone says that the story is a big nothing

That is what I'm thinking too but this is supposedly the big oppo dump that everyone's been spreading rumors about. 

The last two Newsweek dumps, although meaningful, were duds. They told one side what they already knew, and the other could care less about it.

I think it's evident now that even Access Hollywood didn't do much. There just aren't that many "swing voters".

21 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

I hear ya here and I'm inclined to agree overall but I'm a person of color, living in the middle of "Trump Country" whose main occupation is in journalism and has left-wing leanings. I've got a lot at stake in this election and if Trump is elected, it's gonna be bad times for me and people like me. 

But that's the case if Trump loses, too. It may be even worse if he loses from a social standpoint. Remember: Trump supporters have been told that I'm the enemy for nigh on a year, confirming suspicions they already had. If I stay here much longer, I'm in for some bad times regardless of the outcome. I'd be the reason why he lost - even though I've done little to no reporting on the Presidential election.

With the way the GOP and conservatism is going in general, I shudder to think what hell 2020 will bring.

I would just say that I have to imagine that it would be a lot easier to face down some bad **** when the power of the government is with you rather than the power of the government against you.

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah I was just thinking back to the various comments about how every time someone says that the story is a big nothing

I've been waiting for a month for this "supposed" major surprise that's such a game changer. Needless to say, I won't hold my breath at this point.

Bwahahaahahaaaa!   

"The Only Article You Need To Read About Why Trump Voters Are Angry

Because it’s the only article people are writing about Trump voters

Seemingly every day, Donald Trump violates a previously sacred political norm. By almost every measure, he’s a dangerous outlier in American civic history. And yet, though he’s on track to lose on November 8, he retains more than 40% of voters in most polls. As much as the rest of the country wishes it weren’t so, tens of millions of people still want Donald Trump to be president.

Who are these people? What drives them? And who are these people?

What’s become painfully clear this election cycle is that there’s a fundamental disconnect between national journalists — most of them based in New York City or Washington D.C. — and the white working-class Americans who are Trump’s most ardent supporters. But, except for roughly 7,200 articles on the subject, there has been scant effort made by the mainstream media to understand the kind of voters who say Trump speaks for them. So I set out on a road trip to the part of America most coastal elites don’t think about, except when they’re reading one of the fourteen daily pieces in the mainstream media where a journalist visits a town most coastal elites don’t think about."

https://theawl.com/i-talked-to-some-trump-voters-too-24d8399a6147#.kjbt8fnhg

Just now, Skinz4Life12 said:

Where is the Trump "N Bomb" tape? 

In a vault with the Michelle Obama "I hate Whitey" tape.  

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Heh! My biggest tweet ever

Clicked this, followed it to your argument with KennaClaire, followed that to Amy Mek, then I couldn't take any more. 

1. This reminded my why I avoid Twitter.

2. Spend enough time on Twitter and I'm guessing "deplorables" becomes understatement. Wow, some of these people...

WikiLeaks released another round of Podesta emails this afternoon on top of the ones from this am. Just your typical pay to play emails,  ****ting on Bernie,  in fighting,  accepting foreign money through the CF maybe viewed as unseemly, media collusion,  lost 2 TB drive, FBI reviewing a thumb drive from a campaign member,  and  fake DNC meetings.

Podesta eats a lot of junk food according to the emails,  he really likes pizza, cheese, ice cream, and pasta with walnut sauce. 

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/30613

13 minutes ago, mikered30 said:

WikiLeaks released another round of Podesta emails this afternoon on top of the ones from this am. Just your typical pay to play emails,  ****ting on Bernie,  in fighting,  accepting foreign money through the CF maybe viewed as unseemly, media collusion,  lost 2 TB drive, FBI reviewing a thumb drive from a campaign member,  and  fake DNC meetings.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/30613

I'll remember stuff like this when I step into the voting booth:

Archived