Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

Sure, if he is hoping to get primaried out of government in 2018 that's a great strategy for him.

I don't know enough about his constituents. I do think there are plenty of people, generally speaking, that would appreciate a functioning and competent government for a few years.

Couple that with the fact that the economy is, and has been for a while, on the upswing (even if people don't feel like it is) and you could get some things done and get people feeling good again.

Just now, FanboyOf91 said:

Ryan is gone, tshile. Trump and Bannon will ensure that.

Are they actually going to have any say over anything in 6 months? I'm not sure. I could see it going either way.

1 hour ago, AJ* said:

Hate to break this to you but that above e-mail is normal cut-throat campaign talk lol. Do you think if Bernie's campaign manager had his e-mails hacked that it would be all flowers and roses? These guys have one job. Get their candidate the win. That's all that matters. 

I agree that it's standard cut throat behavior and I don't think that email is important or will matter much... but the problem with that email isn't that they were talking about being mean to Bernie.  The problem is the line "we can't start believing our own primary bull****".  Hillary is already thought of by too many as a liar (wrongly, according to fact checkers) and Trump has positioned himself as the outsider calling all politicians frauds and liars (apparently without a sense of irony or shame). 

We can all dismiss that and laugh at how painfully naive people must be but any evidence that the Hillary campaign is full of ****, which is exactly what they are admitting to in that email, is a bad thing right now. 

Just now, tshile said:

I don't know enough about his constituents. I do think there are plenty of people, generally speaking, that would appreciate a functioning and competent government for a few years.

Couple that with the fact that the economy is, and has been for a while, on the upswing (even if people don't feel like it is) and you could get some things done and get people feeling good again.

Are they actually going to have any say over anything in 6 months? I'm not sure. I could see it going either way.

That would require a coordinated effort by the right wing media machine to get people feeling good about America again. During a Clinton presidency. Think about that. 

No my friend, what we're going to experience in the next 4 years will make the GOP's opposition to Obama look like child's play. I legitimately do not know if they will allow a vote to approve Hillary's cabinet nominees. Certainly no vote on SCOTUS justices. Govt shutdowns? You betcha. It's gonna be a cluster****.

I've been following the Ukrainian dude who has been tweeting hints at tomorrow's oppo hit on Twitter and this is what I've pieced together on what will be in Eichenwalds article tomorrow:

Apparently in July, 1987, Trump made a visit to the Soviet Union for business purposes. There, he got set up by the KGBs Seventh Directorate in the infamous "Honey Trap". Since then, he's apparently been under Russia's thumb. One supposed piece of evidence is that in December, 1987 he started taking out ads in major newspapers urging the US to stop funding defense for its allies in the East (he is doing that now as well). 

Now how legitimate this is really depends on what we see tomorrow. I'm going with 90/10 that it's unsubstantiated stuff quoted from "sources". But I'm leaving a 10% chance because why the hell not. Hard evidence of a US Presidential candidate being blackmailed by the FSB seems a fitting end to this nightmare election.

On 11/2/2016 at 7:38 PM, mikered30 said:

Anyone just watch Fox news? That was rhetorical.  Bret Bair just said the FBI is actively investigating the Clinton Foundation for over a year for pay to play and it is very high priority ,  immunity deals given out can be revoked to the 2 aids involving supposed destruction of laptops,  also emails sent from Hillary's server were found on Weiners laptop and some of them are new.

Video link

4 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I've been following the Ukrainian dude who has been tweeting hints at tomorrow's oppo hit on Twitter and this is what I've pieced together on what will be in Eichenwalds article tomorrow:

Apparently in July, 1987, Trump made a visit to the Soviet Union for business purposes. There, he got set up by the KGBs Seventh Directorate in the infamous "Honey Trap". Since then, he's apparently been under Russia's thumb. One supposed piece of evidence is that in December, 1987 he started taking out ads in major newspapers urging the US to stop funding defense for its allies in the East (he is doing that now as well). 

Now how legitimate this is really depends on what we see tomorrow. I'm going with 90/10 that it's unsubstantiated stuff quoted from "sources". But I'm leaving a 10% chance because why the hell not. Hard evidence of a US Presidential candidate being blackmailed by the FSB seems a fitting end to this nightmare election.

So was running for President his decision or has he been forced to do this by his Russian handlers?  Conspiracy theories are fun. 

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

So was running for President his decision or has he been forced to do this by his Russian handlers?  Conspiracy theories are fun. 

Lol who knows. I love a good conspiracy theory. I can't wait to read Eichenwalds piece tomorrow even if it's mostly unsubstantiated nonsense from unnamed "sources".

8 minutes ago, brandymac27 said:

Who is he on twitter?

Exactly!

@noclador on twitter.

24 minutes ago, s0crates said:

This is happening right up the road from me, I almost went, but watching Bernie campaign for a warmongering corporate shill is just too depressing. :(

People say this, but I got to ask... how many wars did the US enter into during Bill Clinton's Presidency? As Secretary of State, we were already engaged in Afghanistan and Iraq. Why do you think she's a warmonger?

29 minutes ago, Burgold said:

People say this, but I got to ask... Why do you think she's a warmonger?

1. She has the support of neocons like Robert Kagan.

2. She considers Henry Kissinger a mentor.

3. She voted for the Iraq War, and defended the decision for years.

4. She supported prolonging the war in Afghanistan

5. She laughed about her roll in the regime change in Libya.

6. Her campaign has been employing red scare tactics against Russia, she helped facilitate a military coup in the Ukraine, and she supports a no fly zone in Syria (which means a potential air war with Russia).

7. She supported regime change in Honduras.

8. She supports a regime change in Syria.

9. She has consistently defended Israel's military excursions.

10. She has the financial support of arms makers and foreign governments.

11. She has facilitated the flow of weapons to the Middle East in a variety of ways.

Archived