Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Embarrased By Redskins Fan Tonight...

Renegade7

I was embarrassed by those Redskins fans who didn't boo at the end of the first half. I'll make an exception for those who were in the bathroom lines. But I question the passion of anyone in the stadium who saw that pitiful first half effort and didn't boo.

I was embarrassed by those Redskins fans who didn't boo at the end of the first half. I'll make an exception for those who were in the bathroom lines. But I question the passion of anyone in the stadium who saw that pitiful first half effort and didn't boo.

I can get behind this. I yelled at the top of my lungs and slammed my laptop down when the Eagles picked up that 1st down with a screen at about 5:00 or so in the 4th. 

I also called Trent Williams an asshat when he had that false start. I did mean it, he is kind of an asshat sometimes. A talented one though.

Many fans bought expensive jerseys to wear and paid for expensive tickets. I think they support the team. Booing is just a way of showing displeasure. Do you think fans come there to boo?

There's a time and a place to show displeasure. Like the end of the game. 

Booing/ abusing the team during is totally self defeating and ridiculous in the extreme. I honestly don't understand how anyone can think it's beneficial to the team/ situation. Outside of extreme circumstances when a player/s may not be putting it in and giving their all; if their just having a nightmare of a game the last thing they need is folk on their backs making it worse.

This was the first half of the first game of the season for Petes sake. 

Hail.  

I dont think the boos would have been as loud if the team had of just taken a knee...

The false start shenanigans were insulting.

I think this was largely the reason for the booing. The first half could not have gone worse and the offense looked like a bunch of buffoons during their last possession before intermission.

That first half was absolutely boo worthy, and I'm one of the most optimistic folks around these parts.  I have no problem with the fans letting the team know how craptastic that first half was.  It's right up there with some of the most disappointing halves I've ever seen us play.  They ran 51 plays, we fumbled twice, had a ton of penalties, and never crossed the fifty.  In a lot of ways, it was more disturbing than when they kicked our asses on MNF a few years back. 

I have no problem with booing when it is deserved.  I would never support leaving a game, or a bar early.  Ever.  Never say die.  Ever.

Some people expect everyone in the world to be as emotionally attached to a SPORT as they are.

I am attached to this team. While I live in Buffalo, I do my best to make it to one home game a year. However, I'm not going to sit at a computer and act all high and mighty and tell anyone else they aren't enough of a fan to watch the game at the stadium.

It is a cliche, but most people paid for their seats. Paid money from jobs they work at to watch the team compete. The first half was not a competition, it was an offense being wildly unprepared. I expected some "rust" and wouldn't boo them myself or leave early but I hate the holier-than-thou attitude some fans have.

Many people have other crap going on in their lives and don't need to be berated about their level of fandom to a NFL team. Half of you sound like little children.

I don't remember a Zorn team having a worse half offensively.

Ugh.......pick many of the home games from 2009 (St Louis, Tampa, and KC at the beginning, Philly in the middle, NY and Dallas at the end) and the bad memories will come rushing back. The only home game that was somewhat decent that year was the Saints game where we would've ended their perfect season if Suisham could've hit a chippie.

I stayed until the end. I was not happy at all when it came to our offence. The defence I'll kinda give a pass to, but they need to work on their tackling. Many times they had the eagles RB, but he would dodge them easily. I was just shocked at the drop balls, fumbles, and interceptions. :angry:

I also believe if RG3 doesn't run a little more then we will be in for a long season. :(  I kept saying RG3 needs to run a little more. I understant the sentiment of not wanting him to run, but the eagles weren't buying the read option. The eagles zeroed in on Morris a lot of  the times. I noticed soon as RG3 ran some in the second half then it became a lot easier to score.

The complaints about the fans being bad is just ridiculous. I was there and we were giving it our all! Even when the redskins was down 33 -7. I swear it was the sickest feeling I had in a long time. The offence couldn't do anything, and the defence kept trying to bail them out. I strongly believe we gave them that game, but it was up to the eagles to capitalized on our mistake. Good job to them.

About redskins fans leaving. I was sitting next to an elderly couple. She left in the third quarter, and said "I have work in the morning" and we waved each other goodbye. The point I'm making is a lot of people had work the next day, and because today was a MONDAY NIGHT game. So please stop complaining.

Give me a break. That team got its ass kicked and was down 33-7 late. Why would they stay?

And they came from 26 points down and mounted a serious comeback! True fans never give up. All of those losers need to turn in their season tickets and let some of the people on the waiting list take them. I agree with the OP and some of the other posters here .. there is NO excuse for booing this team, leaving before the game was over, and all of the "put Cousins in" nonsense that went on on this board tonight. I am proud of this team, yet hate many of its "fans!"

This fanbase (rightly or wrongly) is emotionally ****ed. Tonight was another punch directly in the balls/ovaries. How can you honestly blame them?

We are just coming off winning the NFC-East and our franchise quarterback is coming off of an injury that just a very few short years ago would have ended a career! HOW in the name of bloody hell is this "a punch to the balls/ovaries?!"  I swear .. a LOT of Redskins "fans" apparently suffer from the football equivalent of an imaginary "battered spouse syndrome!"  Always looking for the dark undersides of a silver cloud.  What a bunch of crybabies! And they can ALL go straight to hell!

Fans express their views in different ways, no one way is correct.

Booing is one thing but leaving a game at halftime is another.

Having one successful season after years of disappointment can make it tough to gain back full support of some fans.

Probably most at the game didn't even know this but after tonight's loss the Skins have lost 11 of their last 12 gakes on MNF played at home. That is almost impossible to believe but it's true. When something happens that often it's bound to stick in the minds of many in a negative manner. Shows how far the Skins had fallen to play so poorly at home on the national stage. Hopefully RGIII and the Shanahan's turn Fed Ex into a true home field advantage which it clearly hasn't been overall since Shanahan took over.

Ugh.......pick many of the home games from 2009 (St Louis, Tampa, and KC at the beginning, Philly in the middle, NY and Dallas at the end) and the bad memories will come rushing back. The only home game that was somewhat decent that year was the Saints game where we would've ended their perfect season if Suisham could've hit a chippie.

So you are saying that any of those was worse than 3 turnovers on the wrong side of the field, -2 points, 2 first down, 3 punts? I don't think they broke 40 yards of offense in the 1st half either and never got past the Eagles 36yard line.

If you think the fans were bad you should've seen the end of the Chargers game. They LED 28-7 in the 3rd, the Texans kicked the game winning field goal as time expired. The stands were already 95% empty. Their fans know what several seasons of Norv feel like, even more recent than ours.

Too many older folks and fairweather fans that care more about beating traffic leaving the stadium than sticking around and supporting their "team."

I've never felt FedEx was true homefield advantage, so I don't know why anyone would be surprised. We have also been a pretty bad team much of the last 20 years, so that doesn't help either.

This type of display reminds me of how much I don't like the non-culture that exists inside the beltway.

I drove all the way from Northeastern PA and was also at the Monday Night Massacre a few years ago.  However, I still stayed tonight despite having a 3+ hour drive.  We almost had it at the end.  I think the biggest letdown for me was the Hankerson pass on 3rd and long and the 4th down Aldrick pass.  I feel Griffin was just off, and those were passes he should of had on the money especially the Hankerson pass on the sideline.

I'm embarrassed as well... by the fans and the team as well. I mean I knew it would be a tough game but the way it transpired, man all the hype and media attention and we lay an egg in the first half. It was embarrassing.

But on the positive, we (the fans and team) needed this crow pie. There was a lot of chest thumping in the eagles vs Skins prediction thread and we come out and look baffled and confused on the national stage. RUST was the keyword tonight but to the casual eye it looks alot deeper than that, maybe our Division champions last year have gotten into this team's head.

We were domintade in all facets of the game - offense, defense and ST.

Back to the drawing board fast cause GB is no slouch.

By the way, Congrats to all Eagles fans... great offense and coaching. We got beat straight up and hopefully we have an answer to Vick, McCoy and their up tempo offense next time.

Exactly the better team won and the Skins looked like trash in the first half and a lot fans were disappointed me included while listening to the first half at work distraught and angry. I was so happy to make it home so I could curse and fuss like I normally do because the Skins can make anybody emotional.

I almost changed the channel after our 2nd INT that turned into a TD...it was just too ugly.  The cats wouldn't come downstairs, because every 20 seconds or so, I was screaming something.  So glad I stuck with it, though.  We got some progressions going, and had a decent comeback going on. 

But if these stupid penalties don't stop...almost every decent drive was stalled by dumb ****.  O-line...we won't have Robert for very long if you keep letting him get hit (pounded to the friggin' ground) repeatedly.  And I did notice, as someone else posted, that our own players weren't helping him up. (Maybe he wanted it that way, I don't know.)  WRs & TEs...focus on the damn ball.

And defense, TACKLE somebody, for cryin' out loud. 

That's my list, and a lot to be unhappy about.  But boo?  No way. 

At the half, hubby said, "Hear all that?  What happened to "we're Super Bowl bound"?

I said, "Oh, we're still going to the Super Bowl...just not undefeated!"  :P

Hail!

Booing makes you a terrible fan.  You are supposed to be a robot and do only what you're programmed to do.  Your emotions mean nothing.

You are a MUCH better fan if you criticize other fans for booing.  Especially if you're brand new to this board and feel that you have any credibility whatsoever.

The idiots who kept posting that they were going to turn the TV off or watch their TV shows on Netflix instead of support their team made me want to vomit. Every fan who left early and every fan who gave up in this forum need to turn in their fan cards at the door. Every one of you should be ashamed of yourselves!

Sorry but this Redskins team earned those boo's at halftime. They fumble the 1st possession, they throw an interception the next, and then toss the ball 5 yards backwards in the end zone for a safety. They are a much better football team than this and those boo's were a reflection of how they were playing. The Eagles offense was far from unstoppable, and without those mistakes by our offense, this game would have never been out of hand.

The Redskins beat the Redskins, not the Eagles new unstoppable Chip Kelly offense. That offense will be exposed and shut down by the 1st defense to put pressure on it, and I can't wait to see it happen. Enjoy the basement Philly fans, you will be staying there for many years to come. Start playing like the team that you are Redskins, and there will be only cheers coming your way. 

You're on a roll tonight GHH

Overwhelmingly I am reminded that one helluva lot of people that root for this team don't know jack**** about the game of football, and sometimes a fan is just a mindless device that blows air.

I was in the gameday thread last night, which is something I don't normally do. Its not something I will be doing again. all kinds of stupid.

Its OK to have a negative reaction to what was a historically bad performance by our offense in that first half - I was dropping some F Bombs myself. But you still support your team. If teh players quit as fast as many fans around here they would have been in the showers at half time. 

Also anyone who is talking about how badly the defense played or how great the Eagles O looked simply does not understand football.

We turned the ball over 3 times in the first 7 plays we ran. Our offense put the defense in such a deep hole it was miracle we were not down 30-7 at the half. When we made the Eagles drive from their own 20 they only scored 7 points - but in that first half we gave them short fields and had our defense dragging their tongues with no time to make adjustments on the sidelines. In the circumstances the D did OK - some tackling issues that I think we are going to see all year from the safety position but McCoy is not an easy guy to tackle in space.

Bad bad showing and its fine to be disappointed (I certainly am) even after the much improved performance in the second half. But no reason to quit on your team.

Archived