Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Embarrased By Redskins Fan Tonight...

Renegade7

Zorn returned last night, what do you expect?

The only thing missing were two consecutive fake fg's.

I can understand Rg3 being rusty but they came in with an attitude and Vick and the eagles smacked them around and embarrassed them again on national tv. Again. That's what I am pissed at.

I am not a booer but the team and coahces should be the ones called out, they were not prepared on either side of the ball and it showed. The d played terribly and the off was ghastly for most of the game. You can't win games just b/c you won the division.

(Rich David Attenborough panegyric) "And as the weather slips into its cool autumnal phase, nature's herds respond to a primitive call they have answered for centuries, lowing and shuffling together in a cloud of dust, muttering amongst themselves as they head off to their winter feeding grounds......."

EM2.jpg

I am not sure what everyone witnessed last night, but yes in 2nd and until mid 3rd quarter it got quiet and some fans left...but for me in section 444 it was the loudest I have heard the crowd in the 4th when we were down more than 14 points. In fact I was going to post today saying I was very proud of the Fans....I never heard the Eagles chant..I think that that we did have an home field advantage in the 3rd and 4th

As a fan you should be allowed to boo your team, I wouldnt have booed after the first half but i hate when people say fans shouldnt be allowed to boo, thats ridicilous.  Thats like saying youre not allowed to argue with your wife

Interestingly booing your team and arguing with your wife might make you feel better in that instant but normally have a very similar outcome ....

I was in the upper level SRO and it was loud as hell the entire game. It felt electric up there and the stadium sounded quiet on offense outside of Eagles fans cheering and being obnoxious. I don't know what some of you guys are talking about.

Yeah some fans left early but that always happens in sporting events especially when you are getting crushed. I'd rather people stick around but this wasn't exactly Heat fans leaving the NBA Finals in a two possession game. 

First and foremost I'm embarassed by the performance of my team for 2.5 quarters.  Lost, shell-shocked, and punched in the mouth.  That being said, I watched every second of the game.  Football season is 16 games long for most teams.  That's 960 minutes of football not counting any overtime games.  I'll be damned if I'm going to miss my favorite team because of some misguided "pride."

LOL. So hilarious reading threads like this...

If I paid for a ticket and parking and overpriced food/drink... and sat through that first half, I would've left at half-time to avoid the traffic and get to bed at a reasonable time for work the next day. It's a decision made with logic and reason, not blinding fanaticism.

They would've gotten boos for not playing as professionals for their fans and wasting my time and money.

You cheer when they do good things. You boo when they do bad things. It's feedback for the players... that's why they played much better in the second half :)

Teams dont fear is coming on that stadium. I constantly see just as much visiting fans as home when they're at Fed ex field. We're a better road team.

While this is true, there are tons of fans of random teams in the D.C. because people come to D.C. to work, but they grew up somewhere else. Oh, and don't get me started on the special "unique" bunch who root for the opposing team just to be "different". Pennsylvania natives travel very well for their football teams

As a fan you should be allowed to boo your team, I wouldnt have booed after the first half but i hate when people say fans shouldnt be allowed to boo, thats ridicilous.  Thats like saying youre not allowed to argue with your wife

I'd edit this post before your wife sees it.

Unless she saw you post something similar last year and kicked you to the eternal couch :P

If this is the worst feeling you have had you must not have been a fan long.

I understand where he's coming from. With the hype and the expectations, this team laid a giant egg in front of the nation. As a fan, I was embarrassed.

Griffin basically ripped his knee up again doing everything he could for us last year en route to our first division championship in over a decade. Dude busts his tail to get back for us week 1 as the undisputed leader of the football team and gets booed for being rusty.

Same way everyone has their right to feel their way about that, I have my right to feel the way I feel about it as well.

This is nothing new if you've watched enough redskins games, us being embarrassed on national television. But I stopped being mad after I realized what I was looking at, and we still almost came back on them. End of the game box score is pretty interesting, all things considered...

Sorry, can't get on the fans after that first half performance. That was the absolute worst feeling I've ever had while being a fan of this team.

....We have been HORRIBLE for the last 20 years minus a 7 game stretch last season and a handful of other runs.  After two decades of absolute misery a bad half with a QB who hasn't played in 8 months is really the worst you've felt?  I doubt that.

The FedEx faithful has slowly become one of the least impressive home advantages in the NFL.  A far far cry from the glory days at RFK.  Probably what happens when you have a stadium of bandwagoners taking up 10-15,000 seats (exaggerating).

I don't understand people saying that FedEx Field is not a good home field advantage. The place was LOUD until the we started getting our asses handed to us. And they were loud when we came back. For the Dallas and playoff game against Seattle, FedEx was rocking.

I know I cannot be the only one that saw it:

That stadium was a church for the majority of this game tonight; even after we started mounting the comeback.  Not only that, but here it was 33-20 with 12 and half minutes to go in the game and a quarter of the stadium is empty.

I'm not shocked by Griffin being rusty.  I'm not surprised for us being caught off guard by that offense (even worse with the turnovers).  But I am utterly disgusted by how we looked as a fan base tonight.  We came across like we expected to blow Philly out tonight. 

And for the fans that were booing tonight, you should be ashamed of yourself.  Whoever you are, you don't deserve a Robert Griffin the Third...

I think anyone who DIDN'T boo should be ashamed of themselves.  How you can fork over that kind of money to witness extremely rich young men put forth the absolute crap and lack of heart effort that they did, and then NOT boo them, suggests the fan in question has no pulse, and could care less about the performance of their team.  

Sports is something to get excited about, in both a good way, as well as a bad way.  That's the nature of competition, that it often comes in two extremes.  You wanna attend an event where people only cheer for the efforts of the participants?  Go to a youth piano recital.

I think anyone who DIDN'T boo should be ashamed of themselves.  How you can fork over that kind of money to witness extremely rich young men put forth the absolute crap and lack of heart effort that they did, and then NOT boo them, suggests the fan in question has no pulse, and could care less about the performance of their team.  

Sports is something to get excited about, in both a good way, as well as a bad way.  That's the nature of competition, that it often comes in two extremes.  You wanna attend an event where people only cheer for the efforts of the participants?  Go to a youth piano recital.

Quoted for emphasis. Great post.

I think anyone who DIDN'T boo should be ashamed of themselves.  How you can fork over that kind of money to witness extremely rich young men put forth the absolute crap and lack of heart effort that they did, and then NOT boo them, suggests the fan in question has no pulse, and could care less about the performance of their team.   Sports is something to get excited about, in both a good way, as well as a bad way.  That's the nature of competition, that it often comes in two extremes.  You wanna attend an event where people only cheer for the efforts of the participants?  Go to a youth piano recital.

I second this message. Great post.

Then with respect please refrain from attending games involving my team. 

There's a time and a place. Swallowing your disappointment and getting behind them when they most need it is not lacking a pulse/ not caring about the performance or however else you'd like to describe it. On the contrary it's caring about the performance and playing your part in trying to inspire something better. It wasn't like it was a lack of effort that is totally inexcusable. 

Way to be a SUPPORTer of your team. After one half of the opening game of the season no less. 

Hail. 

Then with respect please refrain from attending games involving my team. 

There's a time and a place. Swallowing your disappointment and getting behind them when they most need it is not lacking a pulse/ not caring about the performance or however else you'd like to describe it. On the contrary it's caring about the performance and playing your part in trying to inspire something better. It wasn't like it was a lack of effort that is totally inexcusable. 

Way to be a SUPPORTer of your team. After one half of the opening game of the season no less. 

Hail.

No offense, but "who are you?"

Archived