Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Embarrased By Redskins Fan Tonight...

Renegade7

GHH....you probably agree with "participation" trophies and not keeping score for youth soccer, basketball and football, too. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or their self-esteem. Hogwash. It's competition. They are grown men. Trust me. They can take it.

You're missing the point by a Country mile. It's not about 'hurting anyone's feelings or self esteem.' Their pro athletes, Booing, or to take it further in a lot of cases, out right abuse comes with the territory.

The point is it's asinine and utterly self defeating during a game outside of say, a complete lack of effort that deserves ridicule. (And getting into the locker room with two run-offs to regroup doesn't remotely constitute that as many have tried claim.). Surely, no matter how forlorn it looks, you want them to come out the second half and at the very least play with pride and give everything they have. Sending them in at half time with their HOME fans on their back is an ass backward, asinine way to go around that. 

If you can't try be positive to gee them up and have them feed off that, say nothing until the end of the game.

All due respect, but your continued pollyannish posts in here are reaching comical proportions. At that point in the game, a cheering crowd would have been bizarre and outright weird.  Honestly, at the very least cheers would have been taken by the players as derisive, like the cheers a pitcher gets for throwing a strike after walking 3 straight batters on four pitches. At most, cheers at that point would have freaked them out.   

As it was, the fans as a whole showed great restraint that first half.  Despite the ugliness of the entire half, those boos didn't come until after the first half clock wound down. 

And I hardly think that a brief burst of disgruntled boos demoralized the players one whit.  They did enough to demoralize themselves that first half. 

As are your oh so humorous little comments, but meh, that aside; the point is the same as the above. 

Since the '91 season, both my sporting loves have failed to win their domestic titles. Liverpool have kept ticking over through that time winning some major trophy's. But the domestic league has not only eluded them, but theres been some horrid seasons of absolute dross with sub standard players and coaches serving up horrid monotony. Pretty much like the Redskins. And things have gotten pretty ugly in the crowd through those times through frustration and loyalty to one regime or another. With some highly embarrassing, heavy defeats along the way. But the very LAST thing that's happened is the crowd ever turning on the team through a game. There's been protests. Organised and off the cuff. The players have been made WELL aware of just how cruddy and unacceptable a performance has been- at the END of the game. NOT during. When your at the game, your a part of the game and surely want the same thing as the team. To win. You are every bit as important as the participants to the outcome. Being on their backs is an ass backwards way of going about that. Having played to a decent standard, and from what generation after generation of pros have said, the difference your own fans can make in a game is immeasurable. You have your home crowd fully behind you, you're a leg up to begin with. You have them against you, and things tend to go South. Fast. Players become afraid of making mistakes and stop trying things. (And this is a general point not specifically about Monday night.).

Maybe it's a cultural thing, But the difference in what constitutes 'support' of your team in this thread is staggering to me. Even for such a diverse board as this. 

Sit on your hands. Kick the seat in front. Anything but turn on your OWN team through a game when their giving all they have but nothing is going for them. Like Monday night. 

Hail. 

Damm that.  The Redskins should apologize to me for displaying some BS on the field. 

Some people stayed, some people left.  I was on the party deck, and we were all cheering for the skins even when they were sucking. 

Went to get something to eat in the consession area and then two Skins fans started fighting.  I felt like whooping someone's ass too!

Fans pay their hard earned money, they can do whatever they want.  Leave, stay, I don't give a sheet! 

Whether you choose to stay doesn't gauge how much more of a fan you are than others.  That's BS. 

Some people love them way too much to see them lay an egg on national TV.

Been a die hard fan since 1968 and season ticket holder for 11 years. No pompous sit at home watch on TV fan is going to tell me what I can or cannot do when I go to every game and watch every game for 45 years. I've cheered the Redskins on through thick and thin years. That half of football was embarrassing for the players and the fans. They deserve to know how their fans feel.

There was no booing until the half ended and the Skins came to their tunnel (near where I sit). Don't blame the fans for telling the players what they thought of their horrid performance. They knew they stunk up the joint. Fans did not tell them anything they did not already know.

Excuse me Sir, Lt. Colonel Bang has ordered you to sell your tickets to an Eagles fan.  Please disperse now that you've been given your papers.

Excuse me Sir, Lt. Colonel Bang has ordered you to sell your tickets to an Eagles fan.  Please disperse now that you've been given your papers.

Then Lt. Colonel Bang should be court martialed to a buck private for suggesting selling my season tickets to a pigeons fan. No self respecting Redskins fan would do such a thing.

Damm that.  The Redskins should apologize to me for displaying some BS on the field. 

Some people stayed, some people left.  I was on the party deck, and we were all cheering for the skins even when they were sucking. 

Went to get something to eat in the consession area and then two Skins fans started fighting.  I felt like whooping someone's ass too!

Fans pay their hard earned money, they can do whatever they want.  Leave, stay, I don't give a sheet! 

Whether you choose to stay doesn't gauge how much more of a fan you are than others.  That's BS. 

Some people love them way too much to see them lay an egg on national TV.

Seems pretty entitled to think that a group of professional athletes doing their best owes you an apology. They played horribly in the first half, but everyone has bad days at work. I don't believe for a second it was due to a lack of professionalism or effort and those would be the only two things that would probably entitle anyone to an apology. The way the team regrouped in the second half proved that they didn't just roll over.

Alfred Morris, Josh Morgan, or Perry Riley, as examples, didn't decide for you to pay your money to attend the game. They play for their coaches, teammates, and themselves just as much as they play for the fans.

Overall, I agree that fans can do whatever they want. I don't boo when I go (and I've been to some clunkers) but people are free to represent themselves anyway they'd like. I just never got the whole "they owe us an apology" mindset.

Then Lt. Colonel Bang should be court martialed to a buck private for suggesting selling my season tickets to a pigeons fan. No self respecting Redskins fan would do such a thing.

I hate to be a stickler, but Officers can't be demoted to enlisted ranks.  They can get a "dismissal" from the service through a Court Martial, which is the enlisted equivelant of a Dishonorable Discharge (total forfeiture of pay and benefits, etc) without the reduction to E1.  They either become "Inmate Smith" or "Mr./Mrs./Ms. Smith" after that.

Carry on.

Man, I haven't ever booed my team, and because of the cost, I wouldn't have left the game early. 

However, I would have been really happy that people left because then I could kick the seat in front of me as many times as I wanted and yelled every profanity in the book because that was the worst slack *** performance I've EVER SEEN from a Skins team EVER.  

How do you give up what is essentially 3 turnovers in the first 4 offensive plays?  What the hell man!  That was so horrid I was embarrassed and I was sitting in my ******* living room.

I'm glad they figured something out in the second half because everyone looked like a steaming pile of **** in the first.  

For one second, just a short tiny split second, I actually thought, "OMG here we go again," not because the season was over but because I've been classically conditioned to go into the fetal position and cry every time we look like Zorn is running the show.  

For anyone who shares my sentiment, the best thing you can do is have something else to do during the game so that you're not so completely focused on the suck moments, turn the volume off so you don't have to here all the BS from *** kissing for whichever team is winning, and stay away from ES until a few days after the game.

I love my team, but this is an emotionally abusive relationship.  I keep telling myself "they won't do it again, things will be different this season," and then they let the kicker kick me in the balls.

.....on a positive note, my daughter got RIley, Orakpo, and Hankerson's signatures on my sweatshirt at the first afternoon practice of training camp in Richmond this year.  I didn't even tell her who to get, she just ran out and talked with them.  Not a bad deal for 2 guys that had pretty outstanding nights (Riley and Hanktime), and you can't go wrong with an All Pro either.

I hate to be a stickler, but Officers can't be demoted to enlisted ranks....Carry on.

I concur.

Do well, get cheered.

Do poorly, get booed.

I refuse to be anything but honest.  If it's okay with me to see them play like ****, then they have no reason to think that they're disappointing us.  Disappointing your fans can be an incredible motivator.

GHH, can you elaborate on how you express disappointment to your domestic teams AFTER the game?  I can't think of how that would even logistically happen.  Not being a dick, really just want to know.

Archived