Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grand Theft Auto V

ixcuincle

So the last few days I've been bogged down with stupid Java crap so I haven't been able to play as much as I've liked. I will say though that after going through some of the missions last night, this game has really improved. I'm still getting used to the controls (by instinct I want to RT to run, and pressed this button when I first got Michael...ended up accidentally punching a civilian, which led to me stealing a cop car and driving home :laugh:) 

This game is absolutely awesome, especially with the cinematic camera. Well worth the hype!

Am I the first one to beat the main story? Not sure If I should be proud of it though. Makes me feel like a loser. Lol

No, I beat it today (Went into work extremely sleep each day this week lol)

Great Game. Possibly the best game I've ever played on any system. So intricate and detailed. I will say this though, the next GTA must have less missions consisting of drive here, do this/kill him, drive back. Hopefully more problem solving aspects or missions like Metal Gear Solid/Hitman. Nitpicking, but still.

I'm not big on getting 100% completion in games, so @ 85% complete, I've already found a buyer on craigslist who's coughing up $50. Not a bad return. Got 5 days worth of play for ~ $13. I might regret it once GTA online hits, but we'll see. 

I love the game, but I'm a little confused as to why you can't use weapons in the clothing stores. A couple of the cashiers are annoying as hell. :P

You can. Just stand technically outside the store while you hold the door open (open towards the outside) pull your weapon and point Once pointed you can enter the store and rob. I found though that the clothing clerks won't hand over cash like the clerks in the gas station/liquor store. You have to shoot the register in the clothing stores for the money bag to pop out

I still can't fly planes for ****. For some reason, I have never been good at flying on just about any of the GTA/open world games.

Always end up repeating those missions 3 or 5 times before I finally get it.

MWT! Still love that show.

Likewise on the flying. I found out that I was overcompensating on the L stick instead of using the rudders (RB/LB) L stick would mainly be used for going up or down, unless you have to loop or knife 

11% here. Just finished the first jewel heist. 

The good about this game so far: 

Graphics amazing
Map is big
Cutscenes are pretty good
Lamar is hilarious. "Hola, ese." 
The missions are outstanding. LifeInvader invasion, planning a jewel heist, etc. 

The bad: 

The cops. I find it difficult to lose heat. This might be something I will get used to, but too much time is spent trying to shake cops off my tail. 

The characters also won't shut up. I rescued Amanda from the cop car and proceeded to drive around Los Santos for about 30 minutes while the cops were coming after me. They just won't **** off. And Amanda is in the back seat complaining every 5 seconds. I'M NO GOOD IF I'M DEAD. ARE YOU A MANIAC. After that mission was done, though, I turned on the police siren just for the lulz. "You're not a kid! Turn that off!" "I married a manchild." 

So, had another encounter with aliens yesterday. Hmm....they may be real after all, lol :)

I love the alien mission when Michael is on drugs. STAND BACK

Am I the first one to beat the main story? Not sure If I should be proud of it though. Makes me feel like a loser. Lol

Though I didn't really do too much exploring/joy riding. Pretty much went from mission to mission.

I finished the main storyline quests on Friday before I left for the lake, but I also took three days off work last week and pretty much played it non stop haha.

I've just now started re-doing missions attempting to get the gold medal, and what I like most about that is when you redo the heists, you don't have to do all the prep work, but he still starts from the "beginning" and let's you choose a different path to proceed, new crew, etc.  I hired a cheap gunman and hacker for the first mission and it ended up costing me about $2 million, and it's very cool to hear the dialog changes with different crew members and how much it actually effects the smoothness of the heists...!

Online needs a lot of work. Extremely glitchy right now. Hopefully they get it sorted out before they release it to the public on October 1st. 

Biggest problem so far is not being able to join a session with a group. You have to go in solo and have your buddies join in. Otherwise, when it works I've been having a blast. The various missions are fun.

I started playing this weekend, and sounds like I am way behind in the story. No worries b/c the free roaming is always my fav part of the series.

This GTverse is just insane. Not only is the area so large but so varied and detailed. I could go on and on, but off roading out in the desert in those suped up buggies is prob #1 on my list so far.

I like the enhanced police AI. I like making it harder to shake them, but I don't like that they're EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME. There are not 10 cops on this deserted mountain.

The intro mission in the past... now thats how you start a game

Any advice for a cheap headset to use for the game? I don't do online gaming, so I'm primarily looking for a set to use when playing in a room with others that don't want to necessarily hear the game audio.

I bought one of the cheaper Turtle Beach sets...think it was like $40 maybe. I think it works and sounds great. 

Online needs a lot of work. Extremely glitchy right now. Hopefully they get it sorted out before they release it to the public on October 1st. 

Biggest problem so far is not being able to join a session with a group. You have to go in solo and have your buddies join in. Otherwise, when it works I've been having a blast. The various missions are fun.

How are you playing that already??? May have missed an earlier post. 

Archived