Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grand Theft Auto V

ixcuincle

No Excuses ... the game play is really that massive?! That's amazing. I used to play the old GTAs well after beating the story line just to have fun in the expanded world. I know this is much larger, but I imagine this game will have a very long shelf-life in my household

Ah ... and the new 47" vizio LED should be in by the weekend. Golf Saturday morning, GTA V saturday afternoon and Skins/Redzone all day Sunday. 

HUMP DAYEEEE

So ... any advice for those of us who will be receiving the game in the next 2-3 days? Start out with a bang and do the missions? Explore? Is it like previous installments in that you unlock more of the map as you accomplish missions, or do you have it all at your disposal at the onset?

I want to fly a fighter jet. Direct me to that location :)

Entire map is open. No unlocking needed...just need to drive/fly to that location in order to see it on the pause menu. 

So ... any advice for those of us who will be receiving the game in the next 2-3 days? Start out with a bang and do the missions? Explore? Is it like previous installments in that you unlock more of the map as you accomplish missions, or do you have it all at your disposal at the onset?

I want to fly a fighter jet. Direct me to that location :)

The whole map is open from the start. No blocked bridges or anything like the past ones. The military base is North West of Los Santos. I've seen a couple of clips where people were able to get to the jet before they were killed by the army. Good luck.

I've been playing the missions to unlock the characters. I'm about 4 hrs in and about to do the first heist. After the heist I am going to take some time to drive around the the perimeter of the island.

No Excuses ... the game play is really that massive?! That's amazing. I used to play the old GTAs well after beating the story line just to have fun in the expanded world. I know this is much larger, but I imagine this game will have a very long shelf-life in my household

Ah ... and the new 47" vizio LED should be in by the weekend. Golf Saturday morning, GTA V saturday afternoon and Skins/Redzone all day Sunday. 

HUMP DAYEEEE

I believe him. I'm pretty sure that even on PS2 (San Andreas), there is an area of land that I haven't explored. Just Cause 2's world was massive as well. Many developers have said that there aren't many games (if any) that have pushed this gen's boundaries as far as it could go. Maybe this is it.

This game is pretty amazing.  Played golf, played tennis, went to the strip club (hilarious, went into a room i shouldn't have, started a fight with security), completed some missions...amazing that it's just scratching the surface.  The cars are awesome, the way the city looks is incredible.  I haven't played video games in awhile but this was worth the wait and the 60 bucks.  

So is the game purely Los Santos and the surrounding areas, or is it really a new  and improved San Andreas, complete with the 3 cities, and countryside/desert? I don't think I've head one mention of Las Venturas/San Fierro

It's a bigger and better Los Santos and vast areas of countryside.

I'm already overwhelmed just thinking about it. I don't really play videogames anymore, except for the occasional round of golf or two on my old 2012 Masters ... really dropped off tenfold since graduating college (shocker, moving in with your fiance and graduating college leads to less video game playing). Fortunately, it's by choice ... just don't seem to have time for it these days. Fortunately the lady friend has expressed an interest in the game and wants to play with me at some point ... so that's good.

I'm a little weary that 1) this game will consume my life and I will literally become a hobit outside of work or 2) it doesn't consume my life and it will be so much information/game play/etc that I won't feel like I can tap in as fully as I want to on 4-5 hours a week

You'll be fine. I've played like 30 minutes overall of GTA V, and the first 3 missions. I didn't play at all yesterday either. The way I see it, there really isn't any rush to beat the game. It's not addictive or anything, if anything it got me a little frustrated because of the controls. The game looks very nice though. I remember seeing a deer as I was trying to chase down a biker. Very nice. 

I like that being able to swap characters but at the same time I feel like you don't really grow attached to one character.

How do you know when your skills level up? Does anything pop up or do you just have to keep checking from time to time? I feel like my Driving should be at least a little bit improved by now.

Oh and where do you play Tennis? Couldn't find it on the map.

I like that being able to swap characters but at the same time I feel like you don't really grow attached to one character.

How do you know when your skills level up? Does anything pop up or do you just have to keep checking from time to time? I feel like my Driving should be at least a little bit improved by now.

Oh and where do you play Tennis? Couldn't find it on the map.

Yes, when you increase a skill it will show on the hud. And just look for a tennis racket icon. When you hit the pause button and select the map there is like a legend on the right. pretty sure it says tennis. Spent about 30 mins playing tennis last night. haha

Anyone smoke the weed and kill the aliens yet?  Pretty random but fun.

yeah I did it, I was hoping that stranger would pop up again somewhere else but I haven't seen him yet.

I also found out you can smoke weed at Franklin's place.  I think it is in the kitchen, you can sit down and "smoke" just like how you get Trevor to sit & drink a beer in his kitchen, or have Michael smoke while watching TV.

And after the mission where Michael takes his son for a bike race at the pier (& Michael "kidnaps" his daughter on a jet ski), if you walk down the peir towards the road (away from water), on the right hand side jsut before the pier turns to pavement, you can talk to Jesus.  He is your typical California stoner beach bum, but tells you about his life and it becomes obvious as to who he really is-a modern day Jesus.  I just kept pressing the "interact" button (right directional button PS3) and he kept spitting out dialog.  Eventually, he started repeating himself, so I left, I don't think it counts to 100% gameplay, or gives you anything, just a little conversation with modern day Jesus to break up the cop killing & stealing during your GTA playing time.

Tell me more about this "smoke the weed and kill the aliens" thing.

So far I noticed Franklin can smoke while watching TV on the couch......

When you're playing as Michael, head to one of the question marks that are on your map.  There's a guy sitting at a table by himself trying to get people to sign a petition to legalize weed.  Talk to him, he convinces you to smoke it, then there's these aliens that come out, you have a rail gun and need to kill em all.  It's really crazy.

Anyone having issues with being able to replay missions?  I'm trying to do one now but it just keeps loading and hasn't let me play it yet.  :(

somewhere in downtown- closer to Franklin's place than Michael's I think.  I remember it as the open public park with a sculpture of a cube tilted on a side (I also know what the roads look like on the map but can't draw it here).

Starts with a blue "blip" as one of those mini side missions, playing as Michael, go to that urban park area and ifa blue dot shows up, it will be an older white guy sitting at a table, talking about medical marijuana.  Michael takes a toke-even after insiting he is not a drug guy- and then trips balls.  He thinks he is seeing aliens attack him, they give you a huge laser gun to fire at them with-hard to move with it, it's about as mobile as a mini-gun-and Michael has to kill all the Aliens that come at him in waves.  They don't physically attack Michael- when they get close, they do some vodoo magic crap and start controlling his mind-wiggle the left joystick (PS3) left & right to break the mind control.  Once the waves of aliens are over, Micheal slowly comes back to reality and the guy who gave him the joint is just finishing his ramble about medical marijuana.

BTW- Michael might not have been tripping balls after all.  There are 50 collectable spaceship parts-and I just did a google news search-apparently the collector's edition of the game-which I have- came with a blueprint map and a secret message that is only visable under blacklight telling players to bring $500,000 to a location and marks the map with a UFO symbol & the words "THEY'RE HERE!".  So maybe, Michael didn't smoke weed, but smoked something alien that put him in that alternate universe.  These could all tie in together.

check the link I found for yourself. 

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12094-map-gta-v-collectors-edition-has-secret-message-visible-only-uv-light.html

When you're playing as Michael, head to one of the question marks that are on your map.  There's a guy sitting at a table by himself trying to get people to sign a petition to legalize weed.  Talk to him, he convinces you to smoke it, then there's these aliens that come out, you have a rail gun and need to kill em all.  It's really crazy.

Anyone having issues with being able to replay missions?  I'm trying to do one now but it just keeps loading and hasn't let me play it yet.   :(

You are probably right about it being a "?" instead of a blip.  but that location is in the urban sculpture park- the aliens actually start spawning on some of the bigger sculptures in the park.

I refer to it as the tilted cube park because that is the easiest thing to identify in the area while driving around.

Yeah I noticed the Cops pursuit is much better than previous games.

When the outcome of your mission results in police pursuit you really wanna bust out of there before the cops show up because they don't mess around and will basically keep bumping you and ramming you until you are boxed in.

Archived