Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grand Theft Auto V

ixcuincle

Previous thread disappeared and there's too much information out on this great game 

A few updates 

- Rockstar announced a lot of information about single player, you'll be able to invest in stocks, buy homes and cars, upgrade guns and cars, and so on. 

- Rockstar released a MP trailer with a lot of interesting data. You'll be able to have crews online and group up to rob banks, gas stations, and more. A lot of the stuff you can do in SP, you can also do in MP. You can buy online houses for everyone to chill in. The most players online in one game is 16, I believe. 

- Trailer came out yesterday

If anyone wants to set up an ES crew go ahead

I still put in GTA 3 from time to time to blow off steam. Weapons/health/shield codes, a good police chase, put in the code for a tank, repeat.

I also like to speed around the city trying not to hit anything, but that always degenerates in to the FBI chasing me.

Haven't thought about upgrading GTA, feel like they're all high quality.

It's amazing how GTA has grown and matured as a series through the years.

The over the top violence remains, along with a lot of harsh themes and scenarios, but it all feels more refined, the actual story seems to have taken center stage, the characters feel deep and rich and it looks like it will be just flat out fun to play.

The addition of the online game which the more I read, feels like a complete gaming experience on it's own which looks like it will be fantastic.

Can't wait for GTA V/Online.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/10-crazy-awesome-things-i-saw-and-did-in-grand-theft-auto-online

You can actually scream at him through your chat headset in order to intimidate him, making the cash grab go faster.

One amazingly epic GTA Online mission I got to play was a full-on heist – the highest caliber mission GTA V offers. Dubbed “Titan Steal,” my crew of four had to fly into a military base, steal a cargo plane, and get it back to our own airstrip miles away so we could use it to…well, probably smuggle drugs or something.

Also, all 16 of us could pack a movie theater and watch a movie. Sounds like fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight is the night. Amazingly I still haven't pre-ordered yet. 

Remember, you can't play online until October, they're still trying to fix some things up with the online game. But you can play offline starting midnight tonight!

Midnight releases aren't really my thing, so I'll see if I can pre-order it today, and then pick it up on the way home tomorrow. 

I'm pre-ordered it for ps3

My copy is being shipped now, can't wait to play it tomorrow.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/16/dont-install-grand-theft-auto-vs-xbox-360-play-disc

Rockstar has advised Xbox 360 owners not to install Grand Theft Auto V's play disc, as it'll negatively impact performance.

The Rockstar Support twitter explains, "For optimal performance, we recommend not installing that disc. We will have more info on our Support Site at launch."

Grand Theft Auto V comes on two 8GB discs on Xbox 360; the first is a mandatory "install" disc, while the second is the "play" disc. While you'll have to install the former (as you might have guessed), the studio has warned against trying to do the same for the latter as it'll negatively impact how the game runs.

a heads up for those buying the 360 version

Glad I wasn't the only one who wasn't into IV. This new one looks awesome though.

I wasn't feeling it either, after the shock and awe wore off. Beyond that, it didn't seem  to have the staying power that it's predecessors had. It also got a 10/10 rating, which I think people need to chill with. Stuff like that isn't supposed to be thrown around the way it is nowadays. GTA IV was far from perfect. There's always something you can improve on, or get rid of. 

My body is ready. 

I agree w/ a lot of you guys in reference to GTA IV.  That's the only GTA in the series that I flat out gave up on. 

The only 10/10 I've played is Last of Us.  Some of the Uncharted games and Batman came close, but Last of Us really raised my level of expectations for video games.

I've got real high hopes for GTA V.  Looks like it could be epic. 

Obviously not going to cop at midnight, but I will be making a stop at *shudders* Wal*Mart *shudders* before I go to work tomorrow morning at 6:15. 

As I wipe the tear streaming down my cheek, this will probably by my last video game purchase on the PS3.  Can't believe I've had this thing going on (I think) 7 years now. 

I also think its awesome that all areas will be open from the beginning, though it was always fun finding ways to sneak in to restricted areas (the flying cars cheat that allowed you to get across the destroyed bridge in GTA 3 immediately comes to mind). Can't wait to hear the radio stations. I don't think anything will ever top Vice City, but V may give it some run. I hope they have a station for old school house. That alone just may put it over the top for me.

Can't wait to pick this up tonight, took most of the week off as well to play!

If anyone wants to set up an ES crew go ahead

I went ahead and created an ES crew (called Extreme Skins) on the social club... I am not really sure how it works across platforms, but I can invite anyone who either provides me an email address, an ID for the social club, or adds me on PSN (web-thorn)!

Archived