Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grand Theft Auto V

ixcuincle

Just had a shoot out on Grove St. Oh, and there mustve been some better police training since IV. Cops are so good at slowing you down, blocking you in, and lighting you up. Lol.

They are MUCH better

And yeah, the alien thing was fun. Definitely random, but definitely fun :)

I picked up GTA 5 no problem from Best Buy on the day of release without a preorder. 

Anyway, I only got to play it once so far but everything about it is pretty damn amazing. Even though I knew I was going to kill the founder of Lifeinvader, the game still made me jump a little bit in surprise when they showed his death. 

I'm also having a little trouble with the controls, but I just toss that up to not being used to the game yet. 

Now I just need a day where I have absolutely no obligations so I can spend the entire time in front of my TV. 

Only opened up Michael so far.  The thing that has impressed me the most is the seamless transition from "free mode" to missions.  The thing that has impressed me the least is there seems to be, unless I'm missing it, no option to crouch like GTA IV.  If it's not specifically to get into cover, you can't crouch down.  And yes my driving sucks so far.  Handling and braking are much more tighter than in GTA IV, therefore I'm oversteering and turning to tight around curves and corners, IE driving off the road, much more often.

My only gripe so far is that the dot that you use to aim is too damn small.  I can barely see it sometimes, especially on driving + shooting missions.

I'm pretty sure you can increase the size in the options menu. 

Yeah I think what they did was take the characteristics of the entire state of CA and incorporated them into Los Santos, to make the expanded Los Santos more representative of all of CA instead of just Los Angeles.

Basically what they did with RDR too and incorporated every staple of Westerns such as dessert, prairie, Mexico, snowy mountainous forest  etc. 

Reducing the sensitivity helped increase my accuracy with guns. Makes it a lot easier to shoot when one little tap of the stick doesn't wildly swing your crosshair.

For some reason, I can't play Tennis with Franklin. The Tennis icons don't even show up on the minimap for him. They do for Michael though. Vice versa when it comes to Golf.

Well I've been trying for 2 hours to get this thing to play. It keeps freezing on the intro. I'm stuck in the snowy Midwest lol. I started installing the first disc and playing disc 2 without install as recommended but that wouldn't work. Then tried installing disc 2 just to get it to stop freezing and deal with any performance issues but no go.

Maybe it just isn't meant to be...

Well I've been trying for 2 hours to get this thing to play. It keeps freezing on the intro. I'm stuck in the snowy Midwest lol. I started installing the first disc and playing disc 2 without install as recommended but that wouldn't work. Then tried installing disc 2 just to get it to stop freezing and deal with any performance issues but no go.

Maybe it just isn't meant to be...

Damn man, that sucks. I'd take it back if I were you. I'd think they'd give you a replacement for free.

Well, tonight, I finally went out and bought an RCA to 3.5mm adapter and some xtra PC speakers so I have sound for my Xbox and PS3 when I play, cause they are currently hooked up to my PC monitor.

I figured, I needed that since I was planning on buying GTA V on Xbox.  Well, unfortunately for me, it was sold out on Xbox, they had the PS3 version, but a few of my buddies have Xbox's, so I want it for that platform.

With that said, I have the original Xbox 360, so I had to buy the hard drive attachment.  Is there enough space on that to play the game.  I have read some saying I need a flash drive.  

I do have a newer Xbox 360 my dad gave me, with a built in hard drive, not sure how much space is in there though.  But I dont really want to move it as Ive already set everything up in my office where my PC is.

Any help is appreciated peeps!

Archived