Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grand Theft Auto V

ixcuincle

Can't wait! Tied for highest rated game of all time and from everything I've seen, I have high hopes it'll live up to expectations

Not to be a downer, but do game ratings even mean anything these days? Seems like any AAA game is gonna get a perfect score regardless of how good it really is. Gaming media seems to have been taken over by fanboys and/or paid off by big developers. There used to be a time when getting a 9/10 was an achievement, but these days they give out 10/10 like candy.

Thanks, IU'll join the crew later. After I get out at 5 I'll hit up Tysons and see if I can get a copy reserved for tomorrow. 

Everything about this game sounds so great. I just wish I had pre-ordered earlier instead o fat the last second. I might show up at 8 AM to Wal-Mart and they might already be sold out 

Not to be a downer, but do game ratings even mean anything these days? Seems like any AAA game is gonna get a perfect score regardless of how good it really is. Gaming media seems to have been taken over by fanboys and/or paid off by big developers. There used to be a time when getting a 9/10 was an achievement, but these days they give out 10/10 like candy.

false.  Some madden and NCAA got jacked by critics different years.  Their ratings were terrible different times.

Lol my co-worker just sent me a text saying he went to Gamestop to pick up a game for his son and there is a MASSIVE line of people waiting on GTA. Guess my idea of picking up a copy after work at Best Buy is out the window :)

I will never understand why people do this.

Hopefully I can pick up a copy after work tomorrow, or during the day if I find time.

You could still preorder even a day before 

I went to Gamespot at Tysons today and pre-ordered. The only bad thing is I can pick it up at 5 PM when everyone else is picking theirs up at midnight. And there's no way I can skip tomorrow, I'm required to be where I am M-F for the next few weeks 

Individual sites give out more 10 than before. I think taken as a whole the critics do okay. Looking at the scores on Metacritic for PS3, the highest Madden they have is 09 with an 85. Here are their top 6.

GTA 4 98 (Very good, possibly dissapointing for a GTA game)

Uncharted 2 96 (Great game)

Batman: Arkham City 96 (Didn't play)

Little Big Planet 95 (Didn't play)

Red Dead Redemption 95 (Great game)

The Last of Us 95 (Great, great, great game)

My copy of GTA V is sitting at the UPS facility in Landover and will be delivered tomorrow. It is going to be a LONG day of work.

I will never understand why people do this.

I did it once, back in 2008, for GTA IV, only because I had to go to work at '4, and figured I'd play it for a few hours. Getting in line at 6:30-7:00 though is seriously retarded, especially when we both know there will be plenty of games in stock around town, along with PSN downloads.

Individual sites give out more 10 than before. I think taken as a whole the critics do okay. Looking at the scores on Metacritic for PS3, the highest Madden they have is 09 with an 85. Here are their top 6.

GTA 4 98 (Very good, possibly dissapointing for a GTA game)

Uncharted 2 96 (Great game)

Batman: Arkham City 96 (Didn't play)

Little Big Planet 95 (Didn't play)

Red Dead Redemption 95 (Great game)

The Last of Us 95 (Great, great, great game)

My copy of GTA V is sitting at the UPS facility in Landover and will be delivered tomorrow. It is going to be a LONG day of work.

You really need to

You could still preorder even a day before 

I went to Gamespot at Tysons today and pre-ordered. The only bad thing is I can pick it up at 5 PM when everyone else is picking theirs up at midnight. And there's no way I can skip tomorrow, I'm required to be where I am M-F for the next few weeks 

True, I could but I don't feel like rushing out to the mall or best buy right now.  I just hopped on Amazon, it should be here Wednesday.   I don't need it the day it comes out, just sometime this week :)

When GTA IV came out, I just drove out to the local Wal-Mart around 11:30, there were a couple of people waiting, and I was out in fifteen minutes.  I only pre-ordered from Gamestop this time because I have one of those reward cards now, and I'll be watching MNF at a bar less than a mile away, so I can just pop by when the game is done and pick it up, doubtful there will be a lot of people there either... benefits of a smaller population density. :)

Also, The Last of Us should almost be required, definitely the best game I've ever played.

Here's the crew. You can sign up regardless of platform. 

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/extreme_skins

Lol my co-worker just sent me a text saying he went to Gamestop to pick up a game for his son and there is a MASSIVE line of people waiting on GTA. Guess my idea of picking up a copy after work at Best Buy is out the window :)

Damn, I'm glad the line wasn't that long at Tysons today. There were like 2 or 3 people in line. 

I wonder how bad it'll be tomorrow when the actual game comes out, though. 

Luckily my area is pretty quiet after 9pm.  So I don't expect it to be that bad especially a weeknight.  Gamestop texted me to come at 10pm.  Sadly no multi for a few weeks which sucks.

It's amazing how GTA has grown and matured as a series through the years.

The over the top violence remains, along with a lot of harsh themes and scenarios, but it all feels more refined, the actual story seems to have taken center stage, the characters feel deep and rich and it looks like it will be just flat out fun to play.

The addition of the online game which the more I read, feels like a complete gaming experience on it's own which looks like it will be fantastic.

Can't wait for GTA V/Online.

Question, is GTA V online or not?  I read a post on page one saying they can't wait for GTA V Online to come out.  Is that a later version coming out?  

Also, by online, can someone give me the specs/gameplay?  Is it strictly co-op or will it be certain crews/groups vs. other groups/crews?

Edit:  I see now on the website that its 16 player co-op only.  I think it would be cool to be able to start a crew and invade other crews turf and stuff, set it up like Deamon/Dark Souls for the game invades.  Talk about awesome.  

I might check it out, I havent played GTA since the initial release on PS1 lol.

Question, is GTA V online or not?  I read a post on page one saying they can't wait for GTA V Online to come out.  Is that a later version coming out?  

Also, by online, can someone give me the specs/gameplay?  Is it strictly co-op or will it be certain crews/groups vs. other groups/crews?

Edit:  I see now on the website that its 16 player co-op only.  I think it would be cool to be able to start a crew and invade other crews turf and stuff, set it up like Deamon/Dark Souls for the game invades.  Talk about awesome.  

You can't be serious...

It comes out online in October. Max 16 players. What we do know is that it's groups or crews robbing banks, and you can also play tennis and golf online (the play in those is said to be on quality of actual sports games, which is amazing). Imagine ES grouping up online for a big golf tournament. 

You can earn money online by winning races, robbing banks, and stuff like that. You can be a jerk and rob your partner after you rob a bank, but then he'd get revenge. You can also use your winnings from robberies and the like to invest in the stock market, or buy a new house, or pimp out your car. 

Archived