Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grand Theft Auto V

ixcuincle

As with last game, I'm abusing taxis to get from place to place faster.  I've finished the main story and am chipping away at sidequests.  What's up with Franklin always getting a busy signal when trying to call for a cab? 

I swear that the cabs blow Franklin off. It could be that they are full when they drive by, but I have had several not stop for Franklin. Especially in bad areas. Would Rockstar go to such a level of detail to have the cabbies not pick up the black guy in bad areas? I'm going to have to test that theory.

I just beat the main story. I heard that the credits ran for 36 minutes. I didn't believe that but they have been going for at least 25 minutes and counting.

Playing as Franklin, I'm on the mission where I have to take out 4 jurors.  I got the first two, no problem.  The third is located in some medical building and Lester's text says look out for dirty windows.   I've got my rifle with the scope but I can't figure out where the hell I'm supposed to look to find the third juror.  Can anyone help?

Nevermind, found him.  Took forever.

Playing as Franklin, I'm on the mission where I have to take out 4 jurors.  I got the first two, no problem.  The third is located in some medical building and Lester's text says look out for dirty windows.   I've got my rifle with the scope but I can't figure out where the hell I'm supposed to look to find the third juror.  Can anyone help?

Nevermind, found him.  Took forever.

it took me forever to find him as well.  One time i shoot him but there was a red dot still on the screen. Time ran out .  I literally killed everyone outside of the building and no luck.  Tried 1 more time with a headshot of the guy on the scaffold and it worked

Anyone got a Xbox360 crew?

The crews are through all platforms so anyone can join the ES one

As with last game, I'm abusing taxis to get from place to place faster.  I've finished the main story and am chipping away at sidequests.  What's up with Franklin always getting a busy signal when trying to call for a cab? 

I abused taxis in GTA IV to get everywhere faster. Dont' really have time to play GTA, M-F working in NoVA and then Saturday and Sunday are football days 

Thank goodness you can skip missions, because the unintuitive controls make it very difficult to shoot and fly. 

I know in other games as well as this one, I would walk away from the screen for a couple hours come back and complete it first try. But you are right it is a pain in the butt sometimes. 

If you purchased Downtown Cab Company, you will end up with two contacts in the phone.  I don't know what the purpose of the top one is, but if you scroll down to the D's in the contacts you can properly call a taxi again.

The crews are through all platforms so anyone can join the ES one

I abused taxis in GTA IV to get everywhere faster. Dont' really have time to play GTA, M-F working in NoVA and then Saturday and Sunday are football days 

I just joined the crew

Well, when you're not being frustrated by difficult flying or the first Lost mission (managed to beat the O'Neill and 2nd Lost mission without any problem) this game can actually be pretty fun. Hilarious how they put Laslow in the game. 

This game is amazing, the only complaint is the controls. If you can get by that, it's an outstanding game. I just wish it was out for PC so you could actually aim. I have to use assisted aiming and even that isn't perfect. 

Strange....glitch?  I think there is an achievement that states, lose three stars with all three players together.  So I've tried to get the three together.  I got Michael and Trevor hanging out, but it wouldn't let me switch to Franklin.  I separated Michael and Trevor but put them in proximity with each other, then got Franklin on the same block.  When all three were together on the corner, Trevor turns and "wastes" Franklin via head butt.  I'm guessing this achievement means something else....

If you purchased Downtown Cab Company, you will end up with two contacts in the phone.  I don't know what the purpose of the top one is, but if you scroll down to the D's in the contacts you can properly call a taxi again.

Thx, that was the problem.

My only beef controls wise is with helicopters. They're a pain in the ass. Planes aren't as bad once you get used to them.

It's because the pitch is much more touchy than in GTA IV.  At least you don't feel like you're flying with an elephant anymore....

Strange....glitch?  I think there is an achievement that states, lose three stars with all three players together.  So I've tried to get the three together.  I got Michael and Trevor hanging out, but it wouldn't let me switch to Franklin.  I separated Michael and Trevor but put them in proximity with each other, then got Franklin on the same block.  When all three were together on the corner, Trevor turns and "wastes" Franklin via head butt.  I'm guessing this achievement means something else....

Thx, that was the problem.

It's because the pitch is much more touchy than in GTA IV.  At least you don't feel like you're flying with an elephant anymore....

You have to call both friends and ask them to hang out before you pick either one up. Another mechanic that's not very intuitive.

Finally beat the main story over the weekend, awesome, awesome game!

Anyway, exploring with Franklin, I found a piece of a confession letter (at the very top of the crane on that building under construction - takes about an half hour to climb up, lol.) Piece 1 of 50 or something like that. Anyone know what mission this is?

Finally beat the main story over the weekend, awesome, awesome game!

Anyway, exploring with Franklin, I found a piece of a confession letter (at the very top of the crane on that building under construction - takes about an half hour to climb up, lol.) Piece 1 of 50 or something like that. Anyone know what mission this is?

That is one of the many "Find x number of things" tasks. Early in the game I heard a news report about an unsolved murder, I think the letter ties into that. There is one to find 50 parts of a crashed space ship and another to find 50 pieces of nuclear waste in the ocean.

only got 5 story missions left to do, set up for the big heist is the next one.  I too am saving the missions for later and focusing in on 100% completion, so that when I finish the story, I will be 100% complete.  I am now fiding letters, stunt jumps & spaceship parts- BTW submarine parts are not needed for 100%.

Ran into a little glitch that was easily fixed-or so I think so.  Before you start Lamar Down, make sure Franklin has at least $1,000 in cash on him.  when the mission ends, Lamar asks you for some cash, you give it to him (he whines that it is not enough) but if you don't have cash on hand, the game will stick Franklin with -$50 which won't go to positive if you sell stock or get weekly property income.  The only way to fix it is to hit up some pedestrians for cash,enough so you go back to positive. Now before I fixed it, I missed weekly income from Cab Co. Weed store & Los Santos Customs- after the fix, I got email saying all 3 deposited, but I only got Cab & LSC.  Maybe I lost the weed $ for not doing pick ups/drop offs for them-but I tought if that happened, the $9,300 didnt show up in your weekly email.  I did the weed delivery now, so jsut have to wait until next week to see if I get star getting money from the weed spot again. 

I have to laugh at it though, Rockstars website actually suggested it, just funny when you read "rob some pedestrians" in instructions to fix a game.

So ran into two really cool glitches maybe.....early spoilers ahead. 

So the mission when you have to assassinate the guy by driving the bus. During my game when the guy went to get on the bus the person standing directly behind him was Niko.....he was there for like one second and then gone.

On another mission the one where you are chasing down the remaining brothers that Trevor killed. When i was in the helicopter with the thermal vision trying to find them.....focused in on a figure, when i got closer turns out it was big foot.....again he was there for like two seconds i didn't take the shot and he disappeared....wish i took the shot. lol 

Question ... I put a ton of money into investing in Lifehacker after the ... mission involving the owner. I tried to buy low but it kept going down. I haven't had another lifehacker related mission, but I'm guessing that stock has to go back up right?

Any other stocks that are worth investing in? You know, insider information from those further ahead in the game? ;)

Question ... I put a ton of money into investing in Lifehacker after the ... mission involving the owner. I tried to buy low but it kept going down. I haven't had another lifehacker related mission, but I'm guessing that stock has to go back up right?

Any other stocks that are worth investing in? You know, insider information from those further ahead in the game? ;)

Lester will give Franklin some assassin missions. Buy iFruit stock.

Lester will give Franklin some assassin missions. Buy iFruit stock.

Not just iFruit, whenever Franklin gets an assassination mission, stock up on whatever stock Lester says will benefit. 

And re Franklin and cabs, yes they do blow him off, lol. I called for a cab once (before buying the cab company,) they said Ok, one was coming. Never came. Called again and magically they were busy. 

He also get's profiled, I guess. I was at the airport and called for a cab. I didn't do anything at all but stand there and wait for it. Police come from nowhere and I get busted. I was like WTF!!!

My only beef controls wise is with helicopters. They're a pain in the ass. Planes aren't as bad once you get used to them.

You take flying lessons? I know when I take a copter up with Franklin the copter sways back and forth without touching the controls. I figured I'd have to take lessons with Franklin to eliminate that. I was trying to get up on top of that skyscraper to do one of those parachute missions. Landing on top of the truck. **** is way hard man. I suck at landing the parachutes on target

You take flying lessons? I know when I take a copter up with Franklin the copter sways back and forth without touching the controls. I figured I'd have to take lessons with Franklin to eliminate that. I was trying to get up on top of that skyscraper to do one of those parachute missions. Landing on top of the truck. **** is way hard man. I suck at landing the parachutes on target

yea, it's the plane on the map. it improves the flying skill if u get good enough medals.

Archived