Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grand Theft Auto V

ixcuincle

finished the story. bummed its over, so much fun.

If you are missing the missions, dont worry there are 2 more to do.  You might have already noticed Trevor has a mission after the game is done- won't spoil it if you havent done it yet-but all I will say is it's not a fixed mission where once you start it you have to finish the mission before you can do anything else-in fact you can switch characters after the mission has started & save game if you want.

the 2nd mission is called "The Last One" and pops up after you have 100% completion.  I am almost there-just have to do 7 more knife flights- if you need tips to get 100%. 

finished the story. bummed its over, so much fun.

Yeah me too. So my question is do you have to do all of the parachute jumps and races in order to get to 100 percent? I think I'm up to 83%. I wonder if they will make a spin off with all 3. Kind of bummed it's over too. 

Yeah me too. So my question is do you have to do all of the parachute jumps and races in order to get to 100 percent? I think I'm up to 83%. I wonder if they will make a spin off with all 3. Kind of bummed it's over too. 

yes, you need all parachute jumps for 100% complete, but you only get credit for completing 2 out of the 42 hobbies & pasttimes.   They break it up into "all base jumps" & "all helicopter jumps".

You also have to do all of the races, 5 street, 6 offroad (2of them are truck races) and 4 sea races.  Some of the races will not pop up on your map until you have finished the all of the previous ones.  For example, once you finish all the street races, Hao sends you a text telling you he has a motorcycle race you can enter.

3 of the most frustating things I have found in trying for 100% are :1) you need to collect 50 spaceship parts & 50 letter scraps to complete 2 out of the 16 miscellaneous tasks AND 2 out of the 20 stranger & freak missions.  The final missions for the spaceship parts & letter scraps only appear after you have found all of them. 2) stunt jumps, best to do on a motorcycle, but if you can only miss & bail a few times before you die even with full armor.  3) knife flights last thing for me to do, have 4 of the 8 I need.  I finally got my stunt plane, but it still doesnt make some of the knife flights that easy.

Best thing to do when searching for letter scraps & spaceship parts is to look for them at the same time, some are close together and it is really frustrating to find one part only to have to go back to the same remote area to find another.  You can also cut down the time it takes by using a map of part locations and taking taxis (buy the cab co., rides are free).

Link to checklist below, also check out their interactive map, I would not have been able to get close to 100% without it.

http://ign.com/wikis/gta-5/100_Percent_Completion_Checklist

Working on 100%, anyone have letter scraps mysteriously missing?  According to a youtube guide I am following there is a "Big Orange Juice" stand at the top of Vinewood Hills in which a scrap is supposed to be by some picnic tables.  It just isn't there, and I know I haven't been there at any point in the game......hmmm?

Another random single game question.  there is a "Point of Interest" icon on my map on a road in the Grand Senora Desert area just south of the prison.  Anyone know what's its for?  I've searched the area a couple times and didn't find anything of interest.

Another random single game question.  there is a "Point of Interest" icon on my map on a road in the Grand Senora Desert area just south of the prison.  Anyone know what's its for?  I've searched the area a couple times and didn't find anything of interest

As far as I know, points of interest are only placed on the map by the player. I'm thinking maybe you accidentally put it there while you were doing something else on the map. Y/triangle places/removes points of interest. 

Working on 100%, anyone have letter scraps mysteriously missing?  According to a youtube guide I am following there is a "Big Orange Juice" stand at the top of Vinewood Hills in which a scrap is supposed to be by some picnic tables.  It just isn't there, and I know I haven't been there at any point in the game......hmmm?

Another random single game question.  there is a "Point of Interest" icon on my map on a road in the Grand Senora Desert area just south of the prison.  Anyone know what's its for?  I've searched the area a couple times and didn't find anything of interest.

I didn't have that problem, but a problem I did have is that not every letter scrap was in the position it was shown on the guide I was using.  Try walking around the area and listen for the paper in the wind sound effect.

The only other thing I can think of is if you used a cheat code, it might have pulled a few pieces off the map. 

The point of intrest you put there, probably by mistake.  I am using a PS3 so if you ahve Xbox your buttons might be different, but when in the map, waypoints are set with the X button (bottom button) and points of interest are set by pressing the triangle (top) button.  You can set up to 10 points of interest, but they do not show up on your in game mini map the way waypoints do.  I have had some issues when i have 5 points of interest and want to add another, I add it but it takes an existing one away.

Setting up 10 points of interest is a great way to look for spaceship parts & letter scraps-provided you have a map of the locations to start with. I then place a waypoint on the point of interest I want to go to, find what I am looking for, open map again and delete the existing POI and set a new way point to another POI.  Rinse & Repeat until all objects are found. 

D@mn you Obama! Lol

As far as I know, points of interest are only placed on the map by the player. I'm thinking maybe you accidentally put it there while you were doing something else on the map. Y/triangle places/removes points of interest. 

Oops, yep that's what I did.  Was there earlier picking up a spaceship part.

And yet another question.  Is there another big payout after you finish the main story? At 90% completion, I'm nowhere close to being able to afford the golf course, or the 2nd and 3rd tier movie theaters for that matter.

did u do any of lester's assassination missions? the trick is to save them til after you finish up the game. then here's a guide on what to invest and when to...I have like 1 billion on each guy.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/1n103p/how_to_make_up_to_15_billion_with_lesters/

since you are at 90% i'll assume you have already done them. oh well doubt you can make enough money without grinding for 2 weeks straight 16 hours a day so you can buy the golf course.

Just found a better way for checking 100% complete in the game.

Sign up to rockstars social club, check the website & sign in, then click on profile, then the GTA V game (box cover), then Career or checklist if that option is already available.

Shows you what you have & haven't done with a thumbnail, if a colored bar is next to the pic then that is needed for 100%. Even has a map (doesn't show on my iPhone 3GS)

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/

I am thoroughly addicted to this game. I got to 97.5% completion on story mode in 4 days and am now a level 43 online after losing a character that was a level 18. Hard to find people online who play well as a team so it would be great to play with fellow ESers. My gamertag is Deceitful Zeus on xbox 360. I am already part of the ES crew by I have another crew as my active one. Also, if you are getting online make sure you read the character loss prevention tutorial. 

What's the benefit of buying an aprtment for online play? Debating between buying just a 6 car garage or saving more to get the apartment with a 6 car garage.

Apartments are safehouses and very important. However, don't waste your money on anything that costs less the $200k and more than $250k. When bank missions become available you will need one of these luxury apartments to plan them in. Also, don't waste your money on a garage. The interior of my $223k place is the exact same as the $400k place, so don't waste your money. Racing is the best way to up your rep in the beginning and get a lot lof money. Plus, you don't die.

Apartments are safehouses and very important. However, don't waste your money on anything that costs less the $200k and more than $250k. When bank missions become available you will need one of these luxury apartments to plan them in. Also, don't waste your money on a garage. The interior of my $223k place is the exact same as the $400k place, so don't waste your money. Racing is the best way to up your rep in the beginning and get a lot lof money. Plus, you don't die.

Oh wow 200K jeez here I was getting excited about being close to 100K. Need to stop spending money on my damn car lol. I've just been running missions with friends when they're online and trying everything else out when I'm on alone. I do enjoy racing, I think my character is "level" 18.

So ... coming from someone with no headset ... and not really an online gamer ... what should my expectations be? I'm getting relatively close to beating the story mode.

meh....if you don't have a group of friends, and don't have a mic, it can be annoying at times.

i refuse to play GTA online unless i have two or three friends with me.  Otherwise, there's a bunch of random people running around killing you.  you can turn on "passive mode" where you can't be killed, but missions with randoms is still annoying.

meh....if you don't have a group of friends, and don't have a mic, it can be annoying at times.

i refuse to play GTA online unless i have two or three friends with me.  Otherwise, there's a bunch of random people running around killing you.  you can turn on "passive mode" where you can't be killed, but missions with randoms is still annoying.

and as I found out, in passive mode, you cannot shoot or be shot, but you can be run over & killed by a car.  This is one of the many reasons playing with strangers can get annoying.  It almost seems if you don't know someone in your online session, the prefered method of greeting them is to shoot them in the face.  That can make for some really long online sessions when all you wanted to do was go to a specific mission or store.

To JamesMadison, get a mic, doesnt have to be anything great, even a cheap blue tooth from Walmart will work.  You dont need to spend a ton of $ on over the ear style headset & mics, the only noise coming through the earpiece is other players talking.

I say this because while there is stuff you can do online by yourself, you really do have to do group missions to move along, and using a mic makes communicating with your team easy. 

Archived