Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

14 minutes ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

Gonna be Ball Lebron and George for the lakers in 2 seasons.

Why do people still imagine everyone wants to play for the lakers despite years and years of evidence that absolutely no one wants to join that organization?  Who was the last big name free agent they signed? 

Well George has said or is rumored to want to be in a Laker. And the recent report is Lebron wants to head west or to LA specifically. 

I can't see LeBron tying his brand to the Clippers. He wants the banners, the cornerstone, the flagship. If he goes to LA it will be to the Lakers 

30 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I'm hearing Kyrie will demand a trade if Lebron leaves. Not surprised at all, he knows he's better as Robin than trying to be Batman. 

Or just no sense being in that miserable city and on the sad sack team without LeBron. 

36 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Woj bomb!!!! 

I don't keep up with Lopez but seems like they just gave Russel away. Feel like they could have had a better return even with the requirement to shed the Mozgov contract 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

5 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Dude is making 12 mil a year...crazy. 

When this Knicks debacle finishes crashing and burning, the hot-takes will be aplenty when discussing his merits as a HOF coach.  Of course one doesn't equate to the other, but you know it will happen LOL. 

If I'm a star on the Knicks I'm telling Phil to kiss the fattest part of my ass for making me run the triangle while he's the GM.  If it means so much to him he can haul his broken ass down to the sidelines and draw up some X's and O's and act on it.  Other than that, shut up, get some players in here, get a good coach and get the **** out of the way.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Basically a high end journeyman 

That's a good way of putting it.  And I guess averaging a double double for a career isn't much to sneeze at, but he just looks like a guy that never got the most out of his talents and has burned out everywhere he's gone.  Seems more valuable as a trade chip rather than an actual team member.  Rockets didn't seem to skip a beat without him, for example.

I remember watching Howard in the Wizard series. He can still defend and rebound but man he has NO offensive game whatsoever. Like he might be worst in the league offensively. He never really polished that part of his game but in his prime he was just such a dominant athlete it didn't matter.

Such a waste of talent. He could have been in the discussion for GOAT Centers but just never was serious enough about it.

6 hours ago, Destino said:

Why do people still imagine everyone wants to play for the lakers despite years and years of evidence that absolutely no one wants to join that organization?  Who was the last big name free agent they signed? 

Things will change with Magic there, and after they draft Ball.

The D'Angelo Russell era ended pretty quick.

Almost as fast as the Jahlil Okafor era did.

And a bit faster than the Kristaps Porzingis era appears to be ending.

All of these kids have talent.  And Kristaps already proved he can play.  Okafor and Russell are the poster children of needing more time in college before they hit the NBA.  But mostly, these kids are the victims of being drafted by horrible front offices that have zero vision for how to build a team and no clue how to develop young talent.

13 hours ago, Destino said:

I've been saying that for years.  Really, in the history if the franchise, the only real free agent of consequence they ever signed was Shaq. Everybody else was draft or trade, even after unrestricted free agency became a thing around the late 80s.  I think it was some form of restricted free agency before that.

The Lakers as a prime free agent destination is a myth.  

Edited by justice98

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I remember watching Howard in the Wizard series. He can still defend and rebound but man he has NO offensive game whatsoever. Like he might be worst in the league offensively. He never really polished that part of his game but in his prime he was just such a dominant athlete it didn't matter.

Such a waste of talent. He could have been in the discussion for GOAT Centers but just never was serious enough about it.

And he had coaches and mentorship from big greats like Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon. He has no excuse for not developing a post game. Too busy being a goofball and impregnating multiple women. 

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

And he had coaches and mentorship from big greats like Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon. He has no excuse for not developing a post game. Too busy being a goofball and impregnating multiple women. 

Dwight was never talented enough to be one of the great centers.  He was a truly great athlete but he had zero feel for the ball in his hands.  Couldn't dribble and no touch on his shot.  He was a terror as a PnR finisher because he was a human pogo stick but when he hurt his back he lost that and became a mediocre PnR weapon and lost a lot of his volume scoring ability.

I also think he wasn't as strong as he looked.  Huge shoulders and tremendous upper body strength for finishing over and through guys when he was rim running.  But I watched Marcin Gortat and Kevin Seraphin move him off the block enough times to see that he didn't have the great core and base strength necessary to be a great back to basket player.

He was a truly great defensive player and rebounder though.  Incredible speed, second bounce, motor and IQ on that side of the ball.  He gave up the one thing that made him special during the final years of his prime by going to Houston.

made 10 mins before the trade

LMAO

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Okafor and Russell are the poster children of needing more time in college before they hit the NBA.  

no its not

Especially Okafor. Okafor especially became obsolete as an elite NBA player by the time his freshman year at Duke was over.

Playing in college makes players into good to great college players, not NBA players.

And Russell's lack of athleticism seems to be his issue.

Great trade for the Lakers and a good trade for the Nets.