Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Jeff Zillgitt @JeffZillgitt

One person with knowledge of Knicks/Porzingis trade possibility characterized situation as job preservation for front office.

11:48 AM - 20 Jun 2017

Sam Amick @sam_amick

On the Kristaps Porzingis front, one exec who has been in touch with the Knicks describes their asking price as "very aggressive."

11:47 AM - 20 Jun 2017

NY Daily News Sports @NYDNSports

BREAKING: Celtics now interested in trading for Knicks star Kristaps Porzingis, according to source, via @SBondyNYDN http://nydn.us/2rNbUUL 

1 minute ago, RonArtest15 said:

I love the fact that Phil Jackson seemingly has no clue what he's doing as a GM.  It's comical from the outside looking in. 

Knicks on the verge of having an offseason where they lose both Melo and KP.  What a time....LOL

I don't think it'll take away from what he accomplished as head coach but...his sparkle is losing some shine and that's fine with me.  Although I get the feeling that Phil is just sitting up in the front office, getting paid and not really giving too much of a ****.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't think it'll take away from what he accomplished as head coach but...his sparkle is losing some shine and that's fine with me.  Although I get the feeling that Phil is just sitting up in the front office, getting paid and not really giving too much of a ****.

Dude is making 12 mil a year...crazy. 

When this Knicks debacle finishes crashing and burning, the hot-takes will be aplenty when discussing his merits as a HOF coach.  Of course one doesn't equate to the other, but you know it will happen LOL. 

Just now, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

So, people are buying the story that Lebron had nothing to do with the firing of the Cavs GM and that he was in fact pretty upset about it?  Hilarious.  

I believe it.

I dont think Lebron is coming back after the 2018 season.

The other reason is Dan Gilbert has never given a GM a second contract.

I love reading the outrage from Knick fans about Phil possibly trading Porzings. These are the same morons who booed vehemently when the kid was drafted.

I hope they do trade him and he ends up becoming a HOF-er. Because F NY and F their obnoxious overly entitled fanbase.

2 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

So, people are buying the story that Lebron had nothing to do with the firing of the Cavs GM and that he was in fact pretty upset about it?  Hilarious.  

I don't think Lebron and Comic Dans see eye to eye...and yes, Bron's passive-aggressive tweet in support of Griffin was a shot at the owner.  IF he leaves Cleveland for a 2nd time, he'll be my all-time favorite athlete. 

• Like 1

Gotta admit, I do think Porzingis would fit well with what the Wizards already have.

Wonder if Portland tries go make a move. Don't they have several high draft picks?

20 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

I don't think Lebron and Comic Dans see eye to eye...and yes, Bron's passive-aggressive tweet in support of Griffin was a shot at the owner.  IF he leaves Cleveland for a 2nd time, he'll be my all-time favorite athlete. 

This is probably a cya from Gilbert. I like it. He knows LeBron is already gone after next season, and he's not gonna let him leave him with a empty cupboard

12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Gotta admit, I do think Porzingis would fit well with what the Wizards already have.

Wonder if Portland tries go make a move. Don't they have several high draft picks?

This is probably a cya from Gilbert. I like it. He knows LeBron is already gone after next season, and he's not gonna let him leave him with a empty cupboard

Zingis is a monster.  He'd be amazing in Washington.  Not sure what they would give the Knicks to make it work.

I think Portland does make a lot of sense.  Think they have 3 first round picks.  This draft is stacked.  I saw Monk is mocked to go to the Hornets at 11.  Most years he's a top five guy.  

I hadn't thought about the Lebron/GM firing as a possible **** you to Lebron.  If so, that's awesome. :ols:

• Like 1

That would be my best guess, if LeBron himself had nothing to do with it. Gilbert has always opened his wallet.

I think he knows like a lot of other teams know..... There's beating GS, and he wants to keep his money, and Kyrie what other assets they still have

• Like 1

Welp... 

How about we just have the All Star teams face each other at the end of the year to play for the championship. And the NBA Lottery will determine which NBA teams they will represent... 

Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Teams gonna have to play the super team game now to win. No choice 

Im ok with that if they actually do it. 

I think it is useless. Unless its done purely for picks, all these teams will have to give up something. KD just stepped into GS. It still would be GS vy a considerable margin