Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

23 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Cleveland won't get George without giving up Kevin Love.

And there is no way Indy takes on Kevin Love in a swap for Paul George.  Cleveland is strapped for assets.

Hypothetically, could this happen?  A George for Kyrie trade?  Then CP3 takes a massive pay cut to play in Cleveland? 

16 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

And there is no way Indy takes on Kevin Love in a swap for Paul George.  Cleveland is strapped for assets.

Hypothetically, could this happen?  A George for Kyrie trade?  Then CP3 takes a massive pay cut to play in Cleveland? 

The 1:1 George for Kyrie trade is possible, but signing CP3 is not.  Cleveland is over the apron, they couldn't even sign Paul for the MLE (which he would never sign for).  The only exception they'd have to use is a min contract and CP3 is not signing for a min contract.

Cleveland is done.  The only moves they can make are lateral moves like swapping Irving and Love for different stars.

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

Kevin Love for PG sounds like a great deal for Indy.  Teams rarely get a star in return for one they are forced to trade.  Consider the collection of nothing the Nuggets got for Melo. 

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

Kevin Love for PG sounds like a great deal for Indy.  Teams rarely get a star in return for one they are forced to trade.  Consider the collection of nothing the Nuggets got for Melo. 

It's certainly better than having him walk next summer for nothing.

The best deal for them would have been trading George to Boston at the deadline for their right to pick swap with Brooklyn.  If they'd done that they could have rebuilt around Fultz and Turner.  That ain't bad.  But that ship has sailed.

The ideal outcome for Indy is moving George for a young foundation piece to pair with Turner.  Turner is a unicorn.  A shotblocking 7 foot shooter.  But he was never going to develop fast enough to make it work with George before his free agency.  They've got about a year to find a second guy whose in Turner's window or else they're going to end up with the same issue with him as they have with George now in four or five years.

20 minutes ago, Destino said:

If I'm Indy, the Cavs are giving me more than just Love. If the Cavs really want PG, they'll throw in some draft picks.

31 minutes ago, Destino said:

I think I would take a package of #1s over Love.   

13 hours ago, SkinInsite said:

Cavs get a one year rental with George for round 4 with the warriors.

CLE is playing it year to year at this point until LeBron hangs it up or leaves.  

21 minutes ago, DM72 said:

If I'm Indy, the Cavs are giving me more than just Love. If the Cavs really want PG, they'll throw in some draft picks.

I don't think they have any draft picks.

8 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I think I would take a package of #1s over Love.   

Depends on how late those picks are gonna be.  I would absolutely rather have Love than picks outside the lottery.  But if I could get a high lottery pick this year and some future firsts, then I would probably take that instead.

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The 1:1 George for Kyrie trade is possible, but signing CP3 is not.  Cleveland is over the apron, they couldn't even sign Paul for the MLE (which he would never sign for).  The only exception they'd have to use is a min contract and CP3 is not signing for a min contract.

Cleveland is done.  The only moves they can make are lateral moves like swapping Irving and Love for different stars.

I think Chris Paul is the wildcard in this whole situation.  He's part of that banana boat crew (James, Wade, and Melo) and it's no secret that he's tight with Lebron.  Him going to SA makes no sense to me.  Yes, the situation would be much better than what he has in LA, but let's be real....there is no team in the West that will get past the Warriors over the next 4-5 seasons if they keep their health.  Even with the Warriors losing one of the big-4, they are still the odds on favorites to get to the Finals. 

In the East, the path to the Finals is much easier if he can find a way to get to Cleveland.  You might be right about there being little to no chance of him being a Cav, but who knows?

2 hours ago, Destino said:

Its just not an even deal, IMO.  I think Love is a very good complimentary player, but George is arguably a top-10 player in the league right now.  I guess the deal could happen if Cleveland is OK with giving up multiple 1st round picks, but those picks will be late as long as Lebron is on the roster.  Would Indy be OK with that?  If I'm the Pacers, I'm looking to re-tool with younger players.  This is why I'd be much more inclined to do a deal if it was a George/Kyrie swap, or look elsewhere, like the Lakers who have a ton of young assets and first round picks that will most likely be lottery. 

However, like @BenningRoadSkin said, gotta look at how the KNicks screwed themselves when going after Melo.  For as painful as it's going to be for Indy to give up George, they're in a good position because there will be some team out there who will meet their demands. 

Edited by RonArtest15

The Celtics actually got too successful for their own rebuild.

The move for a true rebuild is to jettison Thomas and go with Fultz since they do a lot of the same things. But Thomas is only 28 and an All Star. I don't love the trade, because Fultz could be really special. But ultimately, aren't you hoping that in 5 years Fultz is what Thomas is now?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The move for a true rebuild is to jettison Thomas and go with Fultz since they do a lot of the same things. But Thomas is only 28 and an All Star. I don't love the trade, because Fultz could be really special. But ultimately, aren't you hoping that in 5 years Fultz is what Thomas is now?

That seems like a pessimistic projection of Fultz's ceiling.  That kid could end up being something between Wade and Harden.  Especially playing for that coach.  I think people overrate Thomas based on him being such an effective scorer in Stevens' system.  But he is really limited.  He can't see the floor at his size and has trouble running drive and kicks and PnRs plus he is the worst defensive player in the league.

People have a ton of respect for Danny Ainge, and he deserves credit for pantsing Billy King and whoever in LA agreed to the absurd Doc Rivers trade.  But I feel like people are missing how badly he's botched the last two offseasons by trying to sit the fence of winning now and rebuilding.  The Horford contract was a mistake.  And lets take a look at what he's done with all of those draft assets:

2014: had a high pick after going into a minitank and got the first of their Brooklyn picks, which fell just outside the lottery.  Came away with Marcus Smart and James Young

2015: their pick fell just outside the lottery plus they had another late first from the Doc Rivers trade.  Came away with Terry Rozier and RJ Hunter

2016: got the #3 overall pick from Brooklyn, came away with Jaylen Brown.

2017: got the e#1 overall pick from Brooklyn, traded it and will probably take Josh Jackson

2018: probably going to get another top three pick from Brooklyn.

Getting a #3, #1, #3 in a three year span is a GOLDEN opportunity to rebuild, not to mention all of the other picks they've had in that five year span.  To have all of that and come away with two busts, a back up PG, and what will probably be three role playing wings who can't shoot is ****ing horrible drafting and team building, plain and simple.

Just for sake of comparison, notoriously ****ty drafter Ernie Grunfeld got a #1, #6, #3, and #3 overall pick in a four year window and came away with John Wall, Jan Vesely, Brad Beal, and Otto Porter.  Imagine if Brad Stevens had Wall, Beal, and Porter to work with.  Plus cap space and depth.

Ainge low key sucks.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That seems like a pessimistic projection of Fultz's ceiling.  That kid could end up being something between Wade and Harden.  Especially playing for that coach.  I think people overrate Thomas based on him being such an effective scorer in Stevens' system.  But he is really limited.  He can't see the floor at his size and has trouble running drive and kicks and PnRs plus he is the worst defensive player in the league.

People have a ton of respect for Danny Ainge, and he deserves credit for pantsing Billy King and whoever in LA agreed to the absurd Doc Rivers trade.  But I feel like people are missing how badly he's botched the last two offseasons by trying to sit the fence of winning now and rebuilding.  The Horford contract was a mistake.  And lets take a look at what he's done with all of those draft assets:

2014: had a high pick after going into a minitank and got the first of their Brooklyn picks, which fell just outside the lottery.  Came away with Marcus Smart and James Young

2015: their pick fell just outside the lottery plus they had another late first from the Doc Rivers trade.  Came away with Terry Rozier and RJ Hunter

2016: got the #3 overall pick from Brooklyn, came away with Jaylen Brown.

2017: got the e#1 overall pick from Brooklyn, traded it and will probably take Josh Jackson

2018: probably going to get another top three pick from Brooklyn.

Getting a #3, #1, #3 in a three year span is a GOLDEN opportunity to rebuild, not to mention all of the other picks they've had in that five year span.  To have all of that and come away with two busts, a back up PG, and what will probably be three role playing wings who can't shoot is ****ing horrible drafting and team building, plain and simple.

Just for sake of comparison, notoriously ****ty drafter Ernie Grunfeld got a #1, #6, #3, and #3 overall pick in a four year window and came away with John Wall, Jan Vesely, Brad Beal, and Otto Porter.  Imagine if Brad Stevens had Wall, Beal, and Porter to work with.  Plus cap space and depth.

Ainge low key sucks.

you are right

Check his draft history too. Its not good.

• Like 1

Ainge is good at acquiring/dealing assets but his actual utilization of draft picks for college kids is bad. That's why I think the Celtics would be better off trading the pick for a proven star and then signing another star with their cap space. Basically a repeat of what they did in 08 acquiring KG and Allen. That got them two Finals births and a ring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Thats what i was saying, minus that last bit about Fultz potential by comparison.

I Don't really get what the Celtics are doing.

21 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

you are right

Check his draft history too. Its not good.

All I can say is that Josh Jackson better be the next Kawhi and not the next MKG.  But it sure feels like what makes Kawhi special is between his ears and was really difficult to see coming.