Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I haven't followed Minny at all, but I wonder if the second year under Thibs, they start to make waves with KAT and Wiggins. Weren't there rumours of a Jimmy Butler deal back in the winter? The end result of course will be the same, but the sub plots could be interesting. 

Chris Paul to SA could be interesting. I utterly laugh at the old notion of "Built vs baught" that they always tried to hang over us, but CP3, Kawhi, and whatever the hell is left of Aldridge's spine might work well together. Could potentially be enough to make an interesting WCF.

BTW, interesting is all I really want. This postseason was like a bad season finale that I desperately want to forget about. 

So now that 3 on 3 has inexplicably been added to the olympics, what 3 NBA players would make the best US trio?  I don't know anything about it but I'm thinking Lebron, Durant, and AD would be fairly impossible to beat.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

So now that 3 on 3 has inexplicably been added to the olympics, what 3 NBA players would make the best US trio?  I don't know anything about it but I'm thinking Lebron, Durant, and AD would be fairly impossible to beat.  

That would be a tough trio for sure.  I just read though that professional players will not be allowed to participate, so it looks like it will be college players (if that's allowed).  

The article I read could be wrong though.  Cause I'm seeing more articles saying the exact rules are unknown right now.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

That would be a tough trio for sure.  I just read though that professional players will not be allowed to participate, so it looks like it will be college players (if that's allowed).  

The article I read could be wrong though.  Cause I'm seeing more articles saying the exact rules are unknown right now.

If that's true that's horrible.  It will be dominated by street ballers that no ones heard of.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I love the guy, but can we start a "McQueen's daily **** about the NBA" thread? I don't know if I can handle three years of his "It's not fair" act.

Well, we can probably go ahead and merge this thread with the pro-wrestling thread and I'll stay away.

I'll stop complaining about the league being an uncompetitive farce when the fact that it's an uncompetitive farce actually seems to sink in for anyone else.  For God's sake we just had an earnest, multi-page discussion about pinning our hopes for taking the Warriors down on the ****ing Timberwolves.  A team who hasn't made the playoffs in 13 years and has won exactly two playoff series in franchise history is now our best bet for taking down the most stacked team in league history.

I get that we are all desperate and want the next few years to matter but damn.  That level of self delusion can't go without comment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

3 on 3 basketball is organized by FIBA.

I stand  corrected. Still seems strange for it to be featured internationally. 3 on 3 is ball is simply not appealing to me, at all.Hell, an And1 legends game at the Rucker probably wouldn't appeal to me at this point. Just moved past that brand of basketball.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Is there anything drastically different about 3v3 vs 5v5? I mean besides the fewer players. Do they only play halfcourt? 1 points and 2 points instead of 2 and 3? What's the deal? I mean you have volleyball and beach volleyball but they're both completely different sports and beach volleyball actually has a thriving competitive scene(in fact it might be more popular than indoor 6s now).

15 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Well, we can probably go ahead and merge this thread with the pro-wrestling thread and I'll stay away.

I'll stop complaining about the league being an uncompetitive farce when the fact that it's an uncompetitive farce actually seems to sink in for anyone else.  For God's sake we just had an earnest, multi-page discussion about pinning our hopes for taking the Warriors down on the ****ing Timberwolves.  A team who hasn't made the playoffs in 13 years and has won exactly two playoff series in franchise history is now our best bet for taking down the most stacked team in league history.

I get that we are all desperate and want the next few years to matter but damn.  That level of self delusion can't go without comment.

From 1980 to 1991, these are the teams that made it to the Eastern Conference Finals:

Sixers

Celtics

Bucks

Pistons

Bulls

That was the competitive side of the league.

In the West, the Lakers WON the Western Conference Finals 9 times from 1980 to 1991 and lost in the Finals once. They missed the Finals in '81 and '90.

This is the era that turned the NBA into a juggernaut.

And it was replaced by an era where one guy dominated the entire league and would have probably won 8 straight titles if his dad had not been murdered.

This is the era everyone here seems to miss the most.

When has the NBA NOT been an uncompetitive farce?

The '86 Celtics signed Bill Freaking Walton to be their 6th Man.

The '87 Lakers traded for Mychael Freaking Thompson to be Kareem's backup. Thompson was one of the ten or twelve best centers in the league at the time.

FIBA is weird. I know there are AAU teams that offer 3 on 3, but I've never seen it.

Is it full court? In my dreams, it would be a half court game and there would be a foot between the out of bounds line and a fence.

• Like 2