Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

56 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sorry, I just didn't understand what you meant by that post about it being a cakewalk for them which is why I asked. I don't follow the NBA as much as the NFL. 

Was it sarcasm or did you post that at a moment when the warriors actually were winning tonight's game? 

It was discussion thread drama.  Lots of people were saying that Golden State was having too easy a time in the playoffs and the first time they are down big in a playoff game someone else comes along and hits us with some sarcastic shade.  If you don't follow this thread it's expected that you wouldn't get it.  No worries.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Wait, Curry is one of the greatest players in the history of the sport? He may end up there, but he still has a bit to go. 

He's not like top 5 or anything like that, but he's certainly a hall of famer.  Best shooter ever.  2 time MVP.  Only unanimous MVP.  Will probably be at least a 2 time champion.  By the time he retires he'll probably own every three point shooting record there is, and appear on the lists below his own high water mark multiple times.   

Point is that he's unquestionably a super star and he gets assaulted on the court at times.  Next game keep your eyes glued to him when he doesn't have the ball, it's pretty spectacular.  Assuming the refs let the Cavs do it again.  I was watching tonight and I can promise you that Beal or Wall would have been ejected because they'd have gone after someone.  It was worse than the stuff that caused fights during the regular season against the Celtics.  So many cheap shots.  

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The Warriors lost a game?  PROOF THAT THE NBA'S NOT BROKEN!!11!

And all it took was for Klay and Curry to have bad games on the same night the Cavs shot so well they set several offensive records.  :ols:

Like Paul Pierce said after the game "THIS is what it takes to beat the Warriors?" 

On the officiating tonight: we all saw it coming.  I've been pulling for Cleveland, but that was painful.  I guess the only thing that surprised me was how bold the officials were about it.  The league seriously just doesn't give a crap whether we know they've given the refs a directive to extend the series.  I would rather watch a boring, uncompetitive sweep that's called fair and just get the anointing of the Warriors over with than watch a series where the refs call one team so much tighter just to try and drag it out.  And it wasn't just about calling it loose for Cleveland, they were going out of their way to miss obvious calls on them.  It's embarrassing.  More embarrassing than a lopsided match up.

• Like 2

**** Curry's punk ass.  He stunk last night but nobody will talk about it.  He gets a pass for being a "superstar".

Oh and didn't he go to the line 10 times in the 1st qtr in game 2 and 14 times total?? He gets plenty of calls.  It's just that he flops and flails after every shot.  

Disclaimer: I'm not a Cavs fan.  Just hate all things warriors

Edited by I_Bleed_B&G
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

On the officiating tonight: we all saw it coming.  I've been pulling for Cleveland, but that was painful.  I guess the only thing that surprised me was how bold the officials were about it.  The league seriously just doesn't give a crap whether we know they've given the refs a directive to extend the series.  I would rather watch a boring, uncompetitive sweep that's called fair and just get the anointing of the Warriors over with than watch a series where the refs call one team so much tighter just to try and drag it out.  And it wasn't just about calling it loose for Cleveland, they were going out of their way to miss obvious calls on them.  It's embarrassing.  More embarrassing than a lopsided match up.

Isnt the league kinda obligated to manufacture some competition at this point?  The super-team genie is out of the bottle and if the Ws go 16-0, things only get more exacerbated.  The Cavs spend the offseason re-tooling and the 2017/18 season is basically 82 games of Globetrotters vs Generals with "resting players".  By grinding out a win (or two) for the Cavs, the league can still pretend they have some form of competitive balance even if only for two teams.

Trust the process, or something like that.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, skinsfan1523 said:

You could do a compilation like that for every player in the league, not everything will be called, Steph gets plenty of calls just like all nba stars.  

He really doesn't.  And honestly it doesn't take watching him long to see it.  But you can also look at his career FTA and see it.  Curry gets fouled constantly and yet averages half the FTA of other star PGs like Westbrook and Harden.  They get calls on every little BS contact and Curry gets crushed with no calls.  The officials treat Curry differently for whatever reason.

Destino is right, if people tried some of those same cheap shots on Wall or Beal and got away with them, there'd be a fight and people would get thrown out.  Curry takes too much crap from people.  He is just going to have to pick a regular season game and just lay somebody out for cheap shotting him.

1 hour ago, skinsfan1523 said:

You could do a compilation like that for every player in the league, not everything will be called, Steph gets plenty of calls just like all nba stars.  

Really? Find one. Guys like Harden and Lebrkn get calls if someone breathes on them. 

Curry gets fouled taking 3s so much that it doesn't make sense. JR Smith punched him in game 3 in a 3pointer and no call.

He gets fouled off the Ball a lot too.

4 hours ago, I_Bleed_B&G said:

**** Curry's punk ass.  He stunk last night but nobody will talk about it.  He gets a pass for being a "superstar".

Oh and didn't he go to the line 10 times in the 1st qtr in game 2 and 14 times total?? He gets plenty of calls.  It's just that he flops and flails after every shot.  

Disclaimer: I'm not a Cavs fan.  Just hate all things warriors

The internet has really made sport fans lose their minds and type nonsense.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Really? Find one. Guys like Harden and Lebrkn get calls if someone breathes on them. 

John Wall? Don't all Wizards fans and players talk about how ridiculous it is? 

If every foul was actually called, games would take 4 hours, multiple players would foul out every game and the sport would be unwatchable.  

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

John Wall? Don't all Wizards fans and players talk about how ridiculous it is? 

If every foul was actually called, games would take 4 hours, multiple players would foul out every game and the sport would be unwatchable.  

Ok, that is a legitimate one. But he said "every player", which simply isn't true. The hyperbole is unnecessary, and in regards to your second sentence. There is a far cry from every call being called, and it rarely ever being called on one particular player. 

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Now rooting for a Cavs comeback.  If the Warriors couldn't go fo fo fo fo, the next best thing would be to see LeBron and co reel off 4 straight.  Would salvage an otherwise ****ty playoffs.  

Hellllllll nah. Listening to LeBron fans if that were to happen would be a very bad experience.

Edited by DM72
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, skinsfan1523 said:

Yea. That's kind of like doing a compilation of holding in the NFL claiming Ryan Kerrigan doesn't get calls. 

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He really doesn't.  And honestly it doesn't take watching him long to see it.  But you can also look at his career FTA and see it.  Curry gets fouled constantly and yet averages half the FTA of other star PGs like Westbrook and Harden.  They get calls on every little BS contact and Curry gets crushed with no calls.  The officials treat Curry differently for whatever reason..

The bolded statement would be true regardless of him getting calls fairly or not. Can't compare average FT attempts between someone and Russell Westbrook or Rich Harden. 

On 6/9/2017 at 10:45 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yet we had the tech issue with Green, insane crazy flagrant on Love, tech on Dontay Jones, no flagrant on Zaza, Draymond hitting Shumpert in the face and KD lived at the line.  

I noticed the foul counts, but only a couple I thought were biased... on on Iggy where Lebron was backing him down, Curry holding back Shumpert on the break (the held occured before the moment of the whistle).  

To add --- Cleveland went into a grinding half court awesome and GS ran their "lets get it over halfcourt and make a 3" offense.  GS catch up taking 3s is not going to get them to the line a ton... but Durant at least was aggressive.... hence his FTAs. 

2 hours ago, Fergasun said:

To add --- Cleveland went into a grinding half court awesome and GS ran their "lets get it over halfcourt and make a 3" offense.  GS catch up taking 3s is not going to get them to the line a ton... but Durant at least was aggressive.... hence his FTAs. 

I'm not sure any of that is right. 

1 - Golden State shot more free throws.

2 - Cleveland shot more threes than Golden State and each team had the same number of shot attempts overall.   

3 - I'm pretty sure that Golden State shot most of it's free throws in the 2nd half when they were attempting the three point shots more often.

4 - I'm also fairly confident that the Cavs had a huge lead in attempted free throws in the first half when they made an unbelievable amount of three point shots.