Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The Bulls have Harper 6'6, Jordan 6'6, Pippen 6'8 and Rodman 6'7 for starters. I'm sure you'll tell me how all these great Warrior defenders would shut down Jordan and everyone else. 

Given the current rules, the triangle is dead.  (And are really talking about somebody having to shut down Rodman?)

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

We have seen Klay on Kevin Love in the post, and we have seen Klay handle him. That was just a couple of days ago.

Defensively, but the problem is the Warriors shoot 3s while they shoot 2s.

Also, Durant has 4 inches on Pippen.

So Pippen can't guard someone taller but all the Warriors players can. Got it. Case Closed. 

Just now, Hersh said:

This is the problem with comparisons. People seem to be making assumptions that all things being equal, the Warriors would crush teams. Well, teams played defense like they did back in the day because that's how the game was back in the day. If Steph Curry played in the 80s and 90s, he wouldn't be the prolific 3-point shooter is he today. He may still be a great, great player, but the style and rules and the way the game was coached/played would dictate differences. 

The comparisons suck. Totally.

However, you have to use the style of play of these teams during that time period. You can't add or subtract things.

Just now, Hersh said:

So Pippen can't guard someone taller but all the Warriors players can. Got it. Case Closed. 

Pippen totally could.

What I am saying is that its Kevin Durant. He is not normal.

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The comparisons suck. Totally.

However, you have to use the style of play of these teams during that time period. You can't add or subtract things.

Well than the teams from other decades get to hand check and be uber physical without being called for fouls. That should make it interesting. 

5 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Given the current rules, the triangle is dead.  (And are really talking about somebody having to shut down Rodman?)

Who said Rodman was a scoring force?

Just now, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

By the way, everyone talking about the differences in the rules, what does this Warriors team do with a uniform 22-foot three point line like they had in the 90s? The entire arc is suddenly a corner three for Steph and Klay.

It's a different style of play. People are like "the three point line hasn't changed..." except that the teams in the 80's and even the likes of Jordan didn't grow up with a three point line. There was no incentive for these guys to be launching deep twos growing up as kids in high school and college. 

Does anyone here think that those great players and teams wouldn't have different games and more prolific 3-point shooters if they grew up with 3-point lines??

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

That's sort of what happened with Wilt.

Wilt in his prime could probably be dropped into the NBA right now and be an All-Star. He was that much of a physical freak.

That's the big difference for me between he and Russell – I am 100% confident if you drop Wilt in today's NBA he sleepwalks to 25 and 12 a night.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

That's the big difference for me between he and Russell – I am 100% confident if you drop Wilt in today's NBA he sleepwalks to 25 and 12 a night.

Young Kareem would hit em even harder than that.  He was an absolute terror back in the Bucks days.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

Well than the teams from other decades get to hand check and be uber physical without being called for fouls. That should make it interesting. 

thats fine, but so do the Warriors.

And like I said before, defenses are way more sophisticated today.

56 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Young Kareem would hit em even harder than that.  He was an absolute terror back in the Bucks days.

Kareem is the link between Wilt and today.

RIP many Golden State fans :(

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

I couldn't care less how he gets it. I don't care about him "joining an enemy"... Somebody I played basketball with when I was young is one win away from becoming an NBA Champion.

I really couldn't care less that he didn't join the Wizards.

Did you get buckets on him? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Llevron said:

That's sweet but I totally care he didn't join the Wiz.

I guess I don't trip because we didn't even get a visit. That should speak volumes to the entire organization.

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Did you get buckets on him? 

Of course... Beat Seat Plesant two out of three times. They got us in the championship though. I'm still salty about that. Probably the last championship he's won. ??

• Like 2

Kyrie Irving is garbage.  Just puts his head down and drives into a wall before panicking and throwing the ball to LeBron to bail the possession out.  Absolutely no floor vision at all.  Ball stopper and trash defender who makes nobody on his team any better.  Kevin Love is wasted on that team.  Maybe the best and most versatile in the flow scoring big in the league and not a single guy on that team can pass a basketball except LeBron.

Trade Irving for John Wall and Cleveland might actually be able to compete with Golden State.