Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Don't think the Cavs have the cap room or trade assets to get another star.

Warriors will run the league for the forseeable future as long as that core remains. I could see Green and Thompson wanting the big bucks and a chance to be the man somewhere else though when their deals expire, whenever that may be. But they've got another 2-3 titles in them at least.

Draymond Green better not ever get the idea that he could be the man on his own team lol...or even 2nd option. If there's a guy who's a product of the system and having good/great players around him it's Green. That guy gets no defensive attention whatsoever and his shots are usually wide open where there's no one within 5 feet of him. If he went to another team, especially a team that plays at a slower pace he'd be exposed. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Don't think the Cavs have the cap room or trade assets to get another star.

Warriors will run the league for the forseeable future as long as that core remains. I could see Green and Thompson wanting the big bucks and a chance to be the man somewhere else though when their deals expire, whenever that may be. But they've got another 2-3 titles in them at least.

Draymond Green won't leave.  He knows his role.  He's this generation's Rodman.  He wants to win and couldn't care less about his scoring numbers.  He knows that Golden State is his only opportunity to be who he is and win rings.

I could see Klay winning four rings and leaving though.  He's basically relegated to being the league's most overqualified three and D player when Durant and Curry are both healthy.  He's good enough to be a second banana on a contender.

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

Flip Love for somebody.  That disappearing act in this finals was a ticket outta town.

He had a bad game due to early foul trouble but his other four were good even though he struggled from the field.  Averaged 18.5 & 11 with 2.8 steals and 1 block and shot  .429 from three in them with an average game score of 17.

His season was  pretty good too.  He managed to get 6.4 win shares despite missing 21 games.  114 ORtg on solid 26% usage.  21.9 PER.  Nice per game averages too of 18.5 points and 11.5 rebounds.

And keep in mind his offensive volume is heavily depressed by playing with such a ball dominant SF and a PG who has absolutely zero court vision.  Like Klay Thompson, he's good enough to be a second banana on a contender.  He is an excellent in the flow scorer--probably the best natural shooter at the PF position and he is a real banger on the defensive glass.  Used to be on the offensive glass too...

If Kevin Love played in Golden State's or San Antonio's systems, he could probably average 23-24 PPG on good efficiency.  He is superb catching and shooting coming off a screen.  He shoots those looks like a true wing.

If Cleveland was to single him out as the issue that needs an upgrade, I'd be lowballing them to try and get Love.  Otto Porter and Marcin Gortat for him and trade ballast.

• Like 1

RIP to whatever cap flexibility your team has if you pay Draymond to be your #1 scoring option.  LOL.  He's PERFECT for what the Warriors do.  Still think he's a top-15 guy in the league, but I do wonder about his effectiveness if you gave him another role. 

Also,

LeBron James says he's never played for a 'super team'

707359f83502838d3bd86a0504996d5b.jpg

I'm as big of a Lebron fan as you'll find, but bruh pioneered this **** in the modern NBA LOLOLOLOL

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He had a bad game due to early foul trouble but his other four were good even though he struggled from the field.  Averaged 18.5 & 11 with 2.8 steals and 1 block and shot  .429 from three in them with an average game score of 17.

His season was  pretty good too.  He managed to get 6.4 win shares despite missing 21 games.  114 ORtg on solid 26% usage.  21.9 PER.  Nice per game averages too of 18.5 points and 11.5 rebounds.

And keep in mind his offensive volume is heavily depressed by playing with such a ball dominant SF and a PG who has absolutely zero court vision.  Like Klay Thompson, he's good enough to be a second banana on a contender.  He is an excellent in the flow scorer--probably the best natural shooter at the PF position and he is a real banger on the defensive glass.  Used to be on the offensive glass too...

If Kevin Love played in Golden State's or San Antonio's systems, he could probably average 23-24 PPG on good efficiency.  He is superb catching and shooting coming off a screen.  He shoots those looks like a true wing.

If Cleveland was to single him out as the issue that needs an upgrade, I'd be lowballing them to try and get Love.  Otto Porter and Marcin Gortat for him and trade ballast.

All that is dynamite, but unless they're gonna stand pat and hope for the best, the only way to even hope to get better is a trade.  They barely cracked 50 wins, people forget.

And a trade might only make them "different", but it's the only chance they got.  

I mean, I guess they could swap out jabronie pieces on the bench and see what happens.

Edited by justice98

17 minutes ago, justice98 said:

All that is dynamite, but unless they're gonna stand pat and hope for the best, the only way to even hope to get better is a trade.  They barely cracked 50 wins, people forget.

And a trade might only make them "different", but it's the only chance they got.  

I mean, I guess they could swap out jabronie pieces on the bench and see what happens.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that trading Love is their only chance at making a significant move.  But they're doomed.  There is no realistic combination of trades/signings, cap space, and available players out there that can compete with the Warriors.  None.  Chris Paul can sign with San Antonio this summer and they still won't beat Golden State.  LeBron could sign with the Wizards or Celtics in 2018 and he would still lose to Golden State.

Golden State just pounded the second most talented team in the league.  They demolished the entire Western conference, without Durant for most of the way.  It took an injured Curry + Draymond serving a critical one game suspension for a full strength Cleveland to beat them on a last minute shot in game seven last year.  The Warriors were already the best team in the league by a considerable margin and they are invincible now with Durant.  Short of something utterly absurd like New Orleans losing their minds and trading Anthony Davis to Cleveland, the Warriors steam rolling the league for the next three or four seasons WILL happen.  Other teams will be lucky to get a game off them in a series.  We've entered the least competitive era in NBA history.

I'd enjoy seeing Cleveland blow it up and get stripped for parts by the Wizards though.  As a Wizards fan, getting to a Finals and getting a game off the Warriors would be enough for me.  That is literally the most you can expect as a fan of this dumb, amateur hour league.

10 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I would like to see Love get back to being that force in the offensive glass again. 

I never liked this idea of paying somebody top dollar and then asking them to play differently.

He had already changed his final year in Minnesota.  He stopped playing the offensive glass and started taking about two more threes per game.  He basically shifted from an interior to a perimeter player that season.  That's kind of a genie you can't get back in the lamp, what big man is going to want to go back to getting beat up inside when he's made a living playing on the perimeter?

Really the biggest thing that changed for him in Cleveland was the volume of opportunities he received.  Going from 28.8 usage to 21.7 is a precipitous drop.  But it climbed back up to 26.7 this season, which is why you saw his numbers get back to career norms and he once again averaged over 20 PPG per 36.

The Cavs pretty much wasted him his first two years.  He's capable of being way more than a pick and fade shooter and corner three outlet.

He'd be a better fit for the Wizards on paper.  Markieff Morris is sitting there with a 20% usage rate, Kevin Love could get his 26-27% usage pretty easily.  He's a break starter and the Wizards are a fast break offense.  And the Wizards have true centers and forwards who can screen him open.  Plus the Wizards are a way better passing team--important because Love is an off ball scorer.  And Mahinmi is the kind of defensive player you want behind Love.  But these are moot points because the Wizards don't have the assets to acquire Love in trade and he's locked in long term and Mahinmi is always injured anyway.  And what's the point really?  Even if the Wizards acquired Kevin Love for free, they still couldn't beat the Warriors.

28 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I would like to see Love get back to being that force in the offensive glass again. 

I never liked this idea of paying somebody top dollar and then asking them to play differently.

Its like hes playing a different position. Fat Kevin Love was the dude. 

36 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Don't get me wrong, I agree that trading Love is their only chance at making a significant move.  But they're doomed.  There is no realistic combination of trades/signings, cap space, and available players out there that can compete with the Warriors.  None.  Chris Paul can sign with San Antonio this summer and they still won't beat Golden State.  LeBron could sign with the Wizards or Celtics in 2018 and he would still lose to Golden State.

The Spurs were blowing GS out of the building until Kawhi went down and were 2-1 against them in the regular season.

8 hours ago, AJ* said:

Draymond Green better not ever get the idea that he could be the man on his own team lol...or even 2nd option. If there's a guy who's a product of the system and having good/great players around him it's Green. That guy gets no defensive attention whatsoever and his shots are usually wide open where there's no one within 5 feet of him. If he went to another team, especially a team that plays at a slower pace he'd be exposed. 

relax

a) Draymond knows he a great role player

b ) Draymond is the reason the Warriors defense is so great.

And his playmaking ability and being able to shoot the ball at a decent level means he gets attention. He isnt out there like Dennis Rodman.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

they barely got 50 wins because Lebron and the Cavs do not take the regular season serious. 

50 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If Kawhi stays healthy they lose in five instead of four.

You're probably right. If LeBron got hurt at anytime you could say the same thing. 

Was really enjoying that first GS-SA game though before Kawhi landed on Pachulia's foot. 

The Spurs are the only team that might be able to challenge the Warriors. They have the scouting to draft/develop young cheap talent. Leonard is a freak who can kinda sorta match Durant physically. They need G help to match Curry/Thompson though. Maybe CP3 is the guy, we'll see.

A sleeper team as crazy as this might sound might be the Timberwolves. They got two young studs up front in KAT and Wiggins. The key to matching the WArriors is having young cheap talent so you can spend money on FAs to get over the top. Rubio is a good PG too. But they need more help and the two young studs might still be a year or two away from being able to match the Dubs.

• Like 1

The Wolves and Philly or the team that gets Anthony Davis with two other big time stars could beat the Warriors.

You need an athletic big man and surround him with star wing players that can shoot. Towns, Embiid, and Davis are the type of bigs that will give the Warriors problems because they cant be taken off the court due to their athleticism.

The Wolves always give the Warriors a hard time too.