Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Follow the Warriors. Plenty of room on the wagon. 

Again, nah.  I'm good lol  But they are a really fun team to watch, no doubt.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Already seeing a bunch of warriors fans everywhere. No shame.

Everywhere bruh.  EVERYWHERE.  I see it all over the place here in CLT.  I'm sure Dell being a Hornet and Steph growing up here and going to Davidson has some of the influence.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I remember you grew up a Bulls fan but didn't know you'd gone back. I don't subscribe to the theory that you have to root for the local teams anyway like so many a ES do. It's 2017, the world is small. Don't be limited by something like the location of your birth, follow whatever gives you a connection and stick with them.  

Yeah, I really never left pulling for them.  I still pulled for the Bulls even when claiming the home team.  Like I said, it was more of an experiment due to peer pressure.  No way in hell I'd ever pull for any other NFL team but the Redskins.  But I did get out of NBA ball for a while, speaking following it religiously like I did through 2000.  

Felt fake the entire time.  Not because I didn't want them to win/succeed, but claiming them as my primary team.  I always want the home team to do good, unless they are playing my teams. It's great for the local economy and allows you to see your team play from time to time.

The Hornets didn't even exist when I started pulling for the Bulls anyhow.  So there was no real connection with them, outside of them being the local/hometown team.  And I'm not from Charlotte either, granted I grew up 2 hours outside of CLT.  Same with the Panthers, no connection other than living here.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

I think getting Jimmy Butler for that package of role players was a steal for Minnesota.  That's how you consolidate a surplus of young assets and turn it into something great.  Wow.

Chicago is going to be bad for a minute.  But they had to get something for him I guess.  Gar Forman and John Paxson have really ****ed things up since firing Thibs.

• Like 1

That seems pretty crazy that a kid with a torn ACL (whose game is heavily reliant on his athleticism), a draft bust, and a mid lottery pick were the most that Chicago could get for Jimmy Butler on draft night.

Boston couldn't beat that?  Not that I'm complaining, but what the Hell is wrong with Danny Ainge?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That seems pretty crazy that a kid with a torn ACL (whose game is heavily reliant on his athleticism), a draft bust, and a mid lottery pick were the most that Chicago could get for Jimmy Butler on draft night.

Boston couldn't beat that?  Not that I'm complaining, but what the Hell is wrong with Danny Ainge?

maybe he's holding out for a bigger prize

Stuff like that is not a big deal, men get over **** like that. Lavar was just making a point about the children of superstar's and LeBron simply shut him down being the ultimate Alpha who is proven and an icon.

This would not keep James from signing if that's preferred destination lmao

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Meh, the NBA draft just doesn't sizzle the way the NFL does. I think its because after the first few picks you're essentially drafting role players. Its not like the NFL draft where you have Pro Bowlers regularly taken later on.

Agreed. 

And after that display in Philly a couple months back for the NFL draft, that tepid crowd and all those empty seats at Barclays last night was kinda pitiful.

7 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

didn't Lavar speak on Bron's kids? Can't imagine LeBron joining his son on that alone

Dan Gilbert addressed Lebron like he was a piece of property, and dude STILL went back to Cleveland.  SMH.

Ultimately, I don't think that Lavar's comments will sway Lebron one way or another when trying to decide where to play when he's a FA. 

14 minutes ago, justice98 said:

You really think Lebron would let a player's dad dictate his professional future?  lol

LeBron's 32.  He's got like three or four years left of being good enough to carry a contender.  Does anyone aside from the most delusional Lakers fan really think he's going to waste those final years babysitting a bunch of kids in LA?

LeBron's going to figure out how to form another super team somewhere.  Him, CP3, and Melo are going to end up on the Clippers, or somewhere like that.  Still won't beat the Warriors, but they'd be the second best team in the league probably.

Or, bear with me, CP3 goes to San Antonio this summer and LeBron follows him there a year later.  LeBron has a ton of respect for Popovich, I think he'd relish playing for him.  And LeBrion + CP3 + Kawhi is now getting into even footing territory with the Warriors.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

LeBron gets Lonzo traded to the Cavs for a Kyrie and Lakers 1st. Lonzo busts in Cleveland. 

And there need to be a camera near LaVar to get his immediate response.

2 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Dan Gilbert addressed Lebron like he was a piece of property, and dude STILL went back to Cleveland.  SMH.

Still don't see how LeBron went back and played for that man.

I'm reading that a lot of Celtics fans don't think trading for Paul George is a good idea.  They think it'd absolutely be a one year rental.  They're probably right.

Which makes the decision to not trade for Jimmy Butler really damning.  He was right there to be had.  They could have gotten two years on a team friendly deal and he probably would have signed long term.  Seriously, what the Hell is Ainge thinking?  Wouldn't commit to rebuilding around Fultz and wouldn't commit to winning now with IT, Horford, and Butler.

Feels like all of their hope rests in signing Gordon Hayward.  But with the right offer, they could have gotten both Butler and Hayward and Butler can play SG.  Thomas + Butler + Hayward + Horford had a real shot at beating the Cavs.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

LeBron's 32.  He's got like three or four years left of being good enough to carry a contender. 

I think he has 2 years of carrying a team left.  The signs of aging are already apparent and they accelerate.  The older he gets the more he'll need the rest of his team to carry him.