Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Proof that Kerr> Jackson?

Off the top of my head?

Lack of excessive reliance on primitive iso plays left over from the playbook of the 2002 Knicks, forced on guys like Harrison Barnes who have no post up game.

The improvement of Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green and Andrew Bogut on offense, as the offense is now designed to run through everyone's hands.

Lack of mechanical and inflexible substitution patterns consisting of a bench mob containing no one with any ability to score or create shots for others.

The exact same roster as last year - minus David Lee - doing much better than last year in pretty much every phase of the game except turnovers (the turnovers happen because the Warriors push the pace and try to create offensive pressure, which fits their personnel better) 

Jackson improved this team's defense and confidence in his first two years, but he also held back the offense and misused a lot of talent, and it got worse every year.  By  last year, the Dubs mostly won in spite of Jackson, not because of him..   

• Like 1

That post was immediately after they beat the bulls so I was a little hyped up

But still, they look like the best team in the league and it's not like its a stretch to say it

Oh I agree, but I recall a year ago people thought the Pacers had turned the corner and would definitely outlast the Heat to make it to the Finals. It's a long season, and often the team that are hot early on don't remain hot all season long. 

Oh I agree, but I recall a year ago people thought the Pacers had turned the corner and would definitely outlast the Heat to make it to the Finals. It's a long season, and often the team that are hot early on don't remain hot all season long.

Agreed to an extent but I don't see the fragile mental makeup the Pacers had on that GS team. They don't have a crazy person like Lance or a soft big like Roy.

Agreed to an extent but I don't see the fragile mental makeup the Pacers had on that GS team. They don't have a crazy person like Lance or a soft big like Roy.

I had no idea Hibbert was soft - I don't think it became apparent until near the end of last season.   

I knew Lance was a nutter all along.   :)

B3V4TYMCMAMaxJJ.jpg

The W's starting lineup is now scoring 120 points per 100 possessions (tops of all major minute lineups in the league)... while giving up 89 points per opponents 100 possessions (second best in the league)... that is insane!   

what is even more insane... is that suddenly my kings are a good defensive team (tops in the league)  WherethehelldidTHATcomefrom??   

i doomed the Kings with this post.

Cousins has viral meningitis... people DIE from that ****

the kings have now won a couple (BARELY against bottom feeders Orlando and Indi )

prior to those 2 wins, the kings had lost 16 straight... without the big-Cuz in the last two seasons.

just get him a tombstone already, and end the suspense

Golden State has four players in the top five at their position in ESPN's DRPM statistical leaderboard. Thompson is first by a good margin at the SG position, Green is second at the SF position, and Bogut is first by a mile among all players. This team can play some defense.

Bogut is your runaway DPOY so far IMO.

GS has all these perimeter players playing great defense, but I wonder just how good they would look if Bogut got hurt. Green is a great defensive player and Thompson is a good one. But I'm still not sold on the fact that Thompson is an elite defender, and I'm not sold on Curry as a very good individual defensive player yet either. I think they're good and they work their butts off. But I think Bogut is carrying a gigantic load powering that defense and that if he got hurt, the defense would take a big step back.

Flukes. Just watch. Half of Oakland's roster isn't ready to be a legit contender and by the time they are, the other half, namely Bogut and Lee, will be in wheelchairs and their window will be closed.

They need Bogut, but they don't need Lee. Bogut is really the only old guy they're reliant upon. They've got young options aside from Iggy in Barnes and Green.

I think they're ready. Curry isn't a young player any more, he's in his prime. And Thompson is older than Wall, he'll be in his prime soon. Mainly though, this is Curry's time.

I won't call them a favorite. There are too many other legit teams in the West to say a team that's never made a deep playoff run before is the favorite. And they aren't going to keep winning 90% of their games. But I think they are a legit contender and will finish with a top three seed. And I think they can go toe to toe with any of the teams in the league.

Dwight Howard should have signed with GS instead of Houston.

The Spurs are the favorite, but there are 6 other legit contenders in the West this year: Grizz, Dubs, Clips, Houston, Dallas, Portland.  The Dubs are just one of many.  

But I don't care.  They are by far the best Warriors team in nearly 40 years.  This has been a sad sack franchise forever, and now they aren't and I'm going to enjoying the hell out of it even if they fall short at the end.   I've been eating watery gruel so long I can't remember real food.  I don't need filet mignon - a good cheeseburger is more than enough right now.    

The Spurs are the favorite, but there are 6 other legit contenders in the West this year: Grizz, Dubs, Clips, Houston, Dallas, Portland. The Dubs are just one of many.

But I don't care. They are by far the best Warriors team in nearly 40 years. This has been a sad sack franchise forever, and now they aren't and I'm going to enjoying the hell out of it even if they fall short at the end. I've been eating watery gruel so long I can't remember real food. I don't need filet mignon - a good cheeseburger is more than enough right now.

Yeah bro

Let your Dick swing. You're watching a great team. Don't let any haters get you down

• Like 1

Well, the have 1 more victory than the Sixers. You sure the Pistons weren't trying to tank but was a little more clever at hiding it?

They brought in SVG, Smith, and Knight. They aren't tanking. They just suck. You don't bring in a coach that's won the finals and vets like DJ Augustin to tank. 

They already have a young core in Drummond and Monroe. There's really no point in tanking for them. They have had a terrible FO for years now, hence the results. 

Cuz they were actually trying to win? Lol

Ppl were swearing they were a playoff team

They put their faith in J Smoove and DJ Augustin and obviously it failed

They are like last years Bucks, who were also sadly trying to win. I feel like a good GM could get them turned around in one season though. They have some talent. The biggest issue is that Smith contract. Won't be easy to trade and he's declining fast.

Just looked at their stats, horrible efficiency. I mean HORRIBLE. All three starting perimeter players are shooting under .400. Both bigs are shooting under .500. Two starters (Drummond and Smith) are below .500 from the free throw line. They are last in fg% as a team in the NBA and second to lastin ft%.

Edited by Destino