Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Cleveland has won six straight and Toronto just lost their third in five after starting 13-2. GACOLB was right, the DeRozan injury is changing the landscape of the East.

Cleveland has clawed their way back to a respectable record. But they're playing their top guys far too many minutes to do it. James played 42 minutes in regulation. Love had 40 and Irving 38. Each has already played over 640 minutes. They're on pace for breaking 3000 minutes during the regular season, plus a deep postseason run? Irving and Love haven't come close to that kind of work load before, and LeBron has had way too much of that kind of work load the past 10 years.

That team is going to get worn out before the end of the season.

We can talk about Chicago running their guys into the ground. And it's true. But Cleveland even more so. They're thin.

Though he won't get quite the same scoring opportunities, I think Draymond is about a season away from where Jimmy Butler is at now.

ehh maybe.

He had a TON of open looks tonight. 

But yeah he played his ass off.

Bulls have had a tough ass draw these first two months. Yeesh. But everyone is finally healthy so they should be fit for a run soon. I mean they were leading this game going into the 4th. 

But if Derrick takes one more pull up 3, I'll kick him in the dick

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

there is this one team called the spurs. As much as gSW wants to score, the spurs can keep up 

Dubs don't win because they score a lot, or score efficiently.  That would be Dallas, the Clippers and Toronto.   Especially Dallas.  

Don't let the GSW fast game pace fool you.   Points per game is a useless defensive stat.   They Dubs are winning because they don't let the other team score efficiently enough to keep up over the course of a long fast paced game with many possessions.  No one has shot 50% against them in any game this year, and they are first in the league in defensive efficiency.   The fast pace makes people think they are an offense-first team, but they aren't.   

With that said, the Spurs are still the team to beat, and will be until someone beats them.  They do everything the Dubs do, and have been doing it a lot longer.   They are bigger and deeper and are the best coached team in the league, and unless Father Time suddenly catches up with them, they are probably going to win again.   

Edited by Predicto

but..but... but... they NEVER win two in a row.

so it is written, so say we all.  

So pray we all, anyway.  

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but after a slightly slow start, the Spurs have started beating people to pieces with great regularity.   They have won 13 out of their last 15, beating Memphis, the Clippers and the Dubs in that stretch.   They are the scariest/best team in the league, IMO.  

So pray we all, anyway.  

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but after a slightly slow start, the Spurs have started beating people to pieces with great regularity.   They have won 13 out of their last 15, beating Memphis, the Clippers and the Dubs in that stretch.   They are the scariest/best team in the league, IMO.  

meanwhile developing even more pieces off the bench lol like Cory Joseph and Aaron Baynes

I like the Spurs, Mavs, Blazers, Grizzlies, and Warriors. Also wouldn't mind a Thunder Finals. Basically anybody but the Clippers and Rockets would be fun for me. If Houston makes the Finals, I don't care who makes it from the East, I'm rooting for them. Even if it's Cleveland.

If the Rockets go to the finals, I'm going to watch curling.

I think Golden State has a real shot at winning the West. Shouldn't get too carried away with such a fast start given how much of the season is left.

But all they need to do is to have Bogut and Curry healthy once the playoffs start IMO. Is this not the best Warriors team in franchise history? 59 wins is the best season in Warriors history. That was the season after they won their title. They're on pace to pass that by a comfortable margin.