Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Not trying to be a dick, but I didn't see anything in any of that saying that Beal was  "potentially the best shooter in the draft since Ray Allen."    They compared his all around game to Allen.  Everyone in the draft gets compared to someone.  

Whatever.  I'm not trying to knock Beal.    He's a good player who couyld become a great player.   But I can think of tons of guys who came into the draft rated as better shooters than Beal.    Guys like Redick, Curry, Fredette, Korver, Chris Lofton, etc.   

(ps - The Durant to Golden State thing was just having fun pulling your chain.   Sheesh - is no banter allowed in this thread at all?)

WTF?

That video is disturbing Predicto. Raises a lot of questions so I went to Wikipedia for answers, and instead I end up with more questions:

What's with the cringe-inducing racist and sexist animation? Was 1973 really so absurd?

Why was George Harrison involved with that crap?

Why was it in a Robert Altman film?

And most of all,

Why in the Hell would anyone ever buy a Cheech and Chong album? How could a couple of hacks like them ever become so successful, such a cultural touchstone? Who actually finds them funny? They're unbearable.

Not trying to be a dick, but I didn't see anything in any of that saying that Beal was "potentially the best shooter in the draft since Ray Allen." They compared his all around game to Allen. Everyone in the draft gets compared to someone.

Whatever. I'm not trying to knock Beal. He's a good player who couyld become a great player. But I can think of tons of guys who came into the draft rated as better shooters than Beal. Guys like Redick, Curry, Fredette, Korver, Chris Lofton, etc.

(ps - The Durant to Golden State thing was just having fun pulling your chain. Sheesh - is no banter allowed in this thread at all?)

Not when it's return fire.

No one likes return fire...

Edited by Mr. Sinister

WTF?

That video is disturbing Predicto. Raises a lot of questions so I went to Wikipedia for answers, and instead I end up with more questions:

What's with the cringe-inducing racist and sexist animation? Was 1973 really so absurd?

Why was George Harrison involved with that crap?

Why was it in a Robert Altman film?

And most of all,

Why in the Hell would anyone ever buy a Cheech and Chong album? How could a couple of hacks like them ever become so successful, such a cultural touchstone? Who actually finds them funny? They're unbearable.

You have to remember the times.   Stoner humor was brand new, and Cheech and Chong were rebelling against a comedy scene that still revolved around straight laced guys like Bob Newhart.   We thought they were hilarious - when compared to Allen Sherman.  

And yes, 1973 was absurd.  The funniest thing about that video is that I am SURE the people making it didn't think they were being racist or offensive.   They were being hip and urban.  This is right about the time when this person became a huge TV star.

wiB6NUj.jpg

When we look back at it, we wonder what they were thinking, but that's just the way it was back then.  It was normal then, it's not so good now.

Kind of like naming a sports team the "Redskins"  *ducks for cover*  

They look like a Sean John jersey an old dude would wear lol

Considering the sleeved mess(es) Adidas has come up with in the past, this is a step in the right direction LOL. 

Speaking of Puffy, you remember when he designed one of the Mavs jerseys back in the day?

Also...I'm still waiting for Charlotte to go on a one game win streak so Bubble Skip will tell us how great the Hornets are. Dude is pulling a nice houdini act. 

Speaking of the Bobcats, they just lost their 9th straight.  4-14 is hell of a way to follow up last years success. 

Who was it hyping Charlotte in here about being a better squad than Washington before the season started? Trying to remember. Something about finishing in the Top 4 I think.

Oh, nevermind. I just missed the post above. My bad.

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants

Whoa! Since when? What did he do?

A few weeks. Mod confirmed in PM. Think it was something in the MLB thread that was the final straw

Need to start a petition to bring him back. He was annoying as **** but necessary for board dynamics.

I know you still read this board BS. The Hornets suck.

Agreed. Is what it is though

Steph Curry, CP3, Damian Lillard, or Marc Gasol = MVP frontrunners after November?

Long season, but I think this could be CP3's year if he keeps up the pace and the Clippers finish the year at a 70% win pace. It's always felt strange that a player of his stature only really got true MVP consideration one season of his career. And I think he needs to win one to be considered on a similar level as Oscar, Magic, and Isiah Thomas. Either that or win a ring as the best performer on the Clippers.

I can't see Gasol and Curry keeping up the pace they're setting. And I can't see GS and Memphis keep up their pace. Those teams are close to 90% wins in a conference where the top 7 teams are all over 70%. That's absolutely crazy. They and several other teams will slump at some point. You're only going to see a handful of teams finish the year over 70%.

Bogut is my early front runner for DPOY. That dude single-handedly transforms Golden State defensively.

If Bogut were to win a DPOY and help GS to a 1 or 2 seed, does that justify him as worthy of being a #1/#1 (even if it's for a different team than the one who drafted him)?

Philly is one loss away from tying the worst start ever.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

I liked bubble

Everyone takes **** so seriously on this board so it was fun to see someone just not give a **** and troll his ass off

Some ppl would get so riled up (especially in the baseball thread lol)

Same.  Bubble is full of crap but so what?  It was funny to banter with him.

Bogut is my early front runner for DPOY. That dude single-handedly transforms Golden State defensively.

If Bogut were to win a DPOY and help GS to a 1 or 2 seed, does that justify him as worthy of being a #1/#1 (even if it's for a different team than the one who drafted him)?

Bogut is absolutely ridiculous on defense.   He blocks shots, but people who just count blocked shots don't understand how a true post presence really works.  Not only does he protect the rim from the little guys, but he also does it without surrendering his job of defending the other team's center.   The big guys miss more 5 foot shots against him than against anyone in the league.  He doesn't block them, he just makes it awkward to get the shot up cleanly.  The only big man defenders in the league as consistently good as Bogut are Noah and Gasol, IMO.      

Of course, he is going to get injured any day now and miss 47 games.  It's inevitable.    

I predict Harden will be the MVP if he keeps trying to play defense.

Edited by Predicto

I liked bubble

Everyone takes **** so seriously on this board so it was fun to see someone just not give a **** and troll his ass off

Some ppl would get so riled up (especially in the baseball thread lol)

I initially was able to look past all of that with Bubble, but the Trayvon Martin stuff was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Agreed on bubble. Also I think S talk is part of sports that makes it fun when it's kept clean, and bubble did that. He was wrong all the time but he was fun. I'd like him and mcD5(I think that was his name) back. People that are hilariously and shamelessly wrong but willing to just keep throwing their crazy declarations out there are fun. Remember the claim of the magic being the best playoff team ever? Hahaha 

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

It should also be said that the mods probably get tired of dealing with having to babysit people and might have to get rid of instigators for their own sanity and to avoid having to ban a couple dozen people they rile up.  I've moderated online gaming forums before (which is like deciding what type of excrement smells best) but that site didn't last long and it was never as large and as active as ES. 

I initially was able to look past all of that with Bubble, but the Trayvon Martin stuff was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Hmm. A "selective ignore" feature could be really useful for the board. As in you can choose to ignore certain posters by thread. That way you could keep a troll like BS off of ignore in the sports threads for ****-talking purposes, but put him on ignore for the political threads where you want to be serious.