Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Niko Mirotic has really been playing well (He has like 3 straight double doubles)

BUTTTTTT tonight, wasn't ideal lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2288760-kemba-walker-breaks-nikola-mirotics-ankles-and-michael-jordan-laughs?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Butler is deserving. The only other case you could make is for Lowry or Wall. Butler has done more than both.

Butlers transformation is amazing. 

In the playoffs he was playing heavy minutes but he looked allergic to handling the ball and scoring. The Wizards essentially left him wide open in their game plan. We wanted him to get the ball.

Now he's dropping 30 pt games and scoring 20 a night like its nothing. Along with extremely high level defense, that's an awesome wing player. Yeah the Bulls missed out on Melo, but they may have come out better with Butler's improvement.

In the playoffs he was playing heavy minutes but he looked allergic to handling the ball and scoring. The Wizards essentially left him wide open in their game plan. We wanted him to get the ball.

Now he's dropping 30 pt games and scoring 20 a night like its nothing. Along with extremely high level defense, that's an awesome wing player. Yeah the Bulls missed out on Melo, but they may have come out better with Butler's improvement.

They cam out much better with Butler.   Cheaper, younger, more versatile, great defense.   It's not even close.

He's improved during the summer. But he was also worn down during that series. Thibs plays him too many minutes.

He couldn't hit an open three to save his life in that series and I think his legs were gone.

I think he's going to get hurt at some point this season.

He's improved during the summer. But he was also worn down during that series. Thibs plays him too many minutes.

He couldn't hit an open three to save his life in that series and I think his legs were gone.

I think he's going to get hurt at some point this season.

Yeah was gonna say, isn't Thibs doing the exact same thing now? Running him into the ground?

(I have often wondered where the Wizards would be today if EJ hadn't been successful in running Thibs out of town. That EJ felt the need to do so--and in such a rushed, rude and ****ed up manner--tells me that Ernie/ownership's plan was indeed to replace EJ with Thibs at some point. So if it had gone as planned, Thibs replaced EJ, where would we be today)

Yeah was gonna say, isn't Thibs doing the exact same thing now? Running him into the ground?

(I have often wondered where the Wizards would be today if EJ hadn't been successful in running Thibs out of town. That EJ felt the need to do so--and in such a rushed, rude and ****ed up manner--tells me that Ernie/ownership's plan was indeed to replace EJ with Thibs at some point. So if it had gone as planned, Thibs replaced EJ, where would we be today)

You would have half the team on the DL all the time, and the other half playing good defense but unable to score except with hero-ball.

You need defenders of the caliber of Noah and Butler to make Thibs's system work, and even then, everyone is ruined by the end of the season.      

• Like 1

Came across this on my timeline this evening

https://twitter.com/nbastats/status/540191284049494016

NBA.com/Stats ‏@nbastats  8h High volume & efficiency. Korver's taking 5.2 threes/game for @ATLHawks AND leads NBA in 3PT% at a sizzling 57.8%!

B38lHEQIUAApIZV.jpg

I'm pretty amazed he's never been scooped up by a real title contender. I never thought he'd be in the midst of an 11-Year career either. 

A few thoughts.

Some teams have great 3 point shooters and they go on these amazing runs that make it look unstoppable. But has any team had that carry them through the playoffs? I think the same team will eventually adjust. Not to discount what Atlanta is doing. But they need more to win in the long run.

Man, Charlotte STINKS. I thought they'd be fighting for an 8th seed maybe. But they only have 3 more wins than Philly. Let that soak in.

I like seeing Golden State, Memphis and Portland at the top of the West early. Yeah, I think the Spurs turn it on when it counts. But there are some really nice teams out there that play too late for me to watch.

ESPN loves them some Kyrie Irving. If only he played for the Cowboys, their wet dream would be complete.

Came across this on my timeline this evening

https://twitter.com/nbastats/status/540191284049494016

NBA.com/Stats ‏@nbastats  8h High volume & efficiency. Korver's taking 5.2 threes/game for @ATLHawks AND leads NBA in 3PT% at a sizzling 57.8%!

I'm pretty amazed he's never been scooped up by a real title contender. I never thought he'd be in the midst of an 11-Year career either. 

Korver was a great shooter in college too.   If he could create his own shot, he would be heading to the hall of fame.

Well, if he could do anything other than catch and shoot threes he would be a good player at least.   There is a reason he has scored less than 10 points per game for his career.  He gives you nothing else.   No contender would start him, but they'd all love to have him on their bench.