Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I think Giannis is going to be good and I don't think Paul George is out of the question for him at all. The kid flashes special playmaking ability and athleticism every game. Paul George went to two years of college and still didn't really break out until his third season.

19 years old, he's already well ahead of where Paul George was at the same age. A 17.9 PER for a 19 year old wing is no joke. He's already an efficient offensive player and he plays good defense. Got freakish tools. And he's got some skill.

The only hole is the shooting. He might never be as good a shooter as a Paul George, but he's also bigger than George and he'll be a better rebounder and rim defender, similar to Durant.

He's far more impressive than Jabari Parker.

One thing that's unique about Giannis is that he creates his own scoring opportunities and he converts shots in the lane at a very good rate. Only .428 of his 2 point makes are assisted. That's low for a guy who doesn't have a mid range game. He's getting to the rim very effectively, shooting extremely well once there, and he scores very easily over the D from 3 to 10 feet--very tough territory.

That tells us he has the natural shot creation ability to be so much more than a role player like Trevor Ariza.

And it's backed up by the eye test. The kid has a great handle on the ball with absolutely deadly athletic tools. He keeps his dribble low despite being so tall, and those first few steps are so long and quick that he gets by defenders easily, very reminiscent of Durant in those ways. And his hands are gigantic, it makes sense he's got such a comfortable handle. Huge hands help Nene and Rondo handle the ball extremely well too.

I think he's a future All Star and I could see him and Porter being the two best players from that class and the two best SFs to come out in a minute.

I guarantee Jabari has an infinitely better career than Giannis. He has legit skills that translate to the nba. He will be the best player on the bucks for the next 5 years atleast.

Well he's got a looong way to go until he's better than Giannis is right now and they're the same age. Parker doesn't have Giannis's ability to get to the rim nor his ability to play defense. And he doesn't have even remotely as good a body. I don't think he'll ever be as good as Giannis.

That's shameful.

It's still so early in the year, but is it now safe to say Klay Thompson is better than James Harden?

If so, he'd be the best SG in the NBA presumably.

Is Steph Curry now the best PG in the NBA?

Steph is. Yep.

CP3 is still good but he's not as good anymore.

The SG position is looking pretty good this season. Klay, Harden, Beal, Butler, 

So GS has the best PG and SG in the NBA this year. Not bad.

Don't forget about DeRozan. I'd honestly put him third behind Thompson and Harden right now.

Harden is still more valuable than Klay.   Klay is an excellent two way player, but Harden has a unique skill that no one else in the NBA has.  He can iso, drive and draw a foul at will, even when his defender is giving ground.  I hate what he does to the game of basketball, but until the NBA changes the officiating rules, Harden remains the most deadly offensive weapon in the league not named Durant or James.   A healthy D. Wade is also better than Klay, but I don't know if we are going to get that much anymore.

I absolutely love Steph, but I still think that a CP3 and a healthy Westbrook are both better than he is.   Steph turns the ball over too much compared to Paul, and as good as he is, he can't take over a game in crunch time like Westbrook can.  By the way, Paul is playing great right now - its the rest of the Clippers that are not showing up.   

So I would say GS has the #3 SG and the #3 PG, which is still fine.  

A healthy Westbrook hasn't been seen much the past two years. And I'm not so sure Westbrook is going to be the tank he used to be again. He's missed so much time recently, I think Curry has passed him now that he's become a respectable defensive player.

As far as CP3 goes, you're right that he's better. But perhaps only in a vacuum. Curry gave his team the better season last year, better than any other PG's season really. Missing a lot of time needs to factor in to this consideration because it's really about value to a team in the context of a season. Yes we can say that CP3 is better in theory than him for now, but if Curry turns in another better season this year, and then next year, at what point do we just accept Curry is better?

That's why Thompson is certainly more valuable than Wade at this point, nevermind the contract situations for each. Wade has long since been done as the kind of nightly contributor Thompson is. You might get flashes of his old performance level every now and then but not that frequently. Thompson is a rock and dependable high level performer.

As for Harden, if he's truly better and more valuable, then why would I turn down a straight up offer of Harden for Thompson if I'm GS's GM? Harden is a better shot creator than Thompson. But Thompson is a solid shot creator in his own right and he's a far better shooter and defensive player. Defense is where Harden takes away so much of his value.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't accept a CP3 for Curry straight up swap either if I were GS. Future potential a part of that, but the GS guard tandem is also getting the best results right now. They're leading the team that's arguably the best in the league this year.

A healthy Westbrook hasn't been seen much the past two years. And I'm not so sure Westbrook is going to be the tank he used to be again. He's missed so much time recently, I think Curry has passed him now that he's become a respectable defensive player.

As far as CP3 goes, you're right that he's better. But perhaps only in a vacuum. Curry gave his team the better season last year, better than any other PG's season really. Missing a lot of time needs to factor in to this consideration because it's really about value to a team in the context of a season. Yes we can say that CP3 is better in theory than him for now, but if Curry turns in another better season this year, and then next year, at what point do we just accept Curry is better?

That's why Thompson is certainly more valuable than Wade at this point, nevermind the contract situations for each. Wade has long since been done as the kind of nightly contributor Thompson is. You might get flashes of his old performance level every now and then but not that frequently. Thompson is a rock and dependable high level performer.

As for Harden, if he's truly better and more valuable, then why would I turn down a straight up offer of Harden for Thompson if I'm GS's GM? Harden is a better shot creator than Thompson. But Thompson is a solid shot creator in his own right and he's a far better shooter and defensive player. Defense is where Harden takes away so much of his value.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't accept a CP3 for Curry straight up swap either if I were GS. Future potential a part of that, but the GS guard tandem is also getting the best results right now. They're leading the team that's arguably the best in the league this year.

Well, I wouldn't make that trade either.   Curry is three years younger than CP3, healthier than CP3, and could still get better at protecting the ball.  CP3 is maxed out as a player - but his max, right now, is still better than Curry's max, right now.  

I hate Harden, I hate how he plays ball, but I would trade Klay for him if it was all about wins and losses under the current rules.  What Harden does is unique.  He can put your whole team in foul trouble.    

B3V4TYMCMAMaxJJ.jpg

The W's starting lineup is now scoring 120 points per 100 possessions (tops of all major minute lineups in the league)... while giving up 89 points per opponents 100 possessions (second best in the league)... that is insane!   

what is even more insane... is that suddenly my kings are a good defensive team (tops in the league)  WherethehelldidTHATcomefrom??   

Can someone please get me a gif of that Steph Curry step back three? I think he may have impregnated all the women in the arena with it 

He does know how to work the ladies.

87UpXsU.gif

It must be the dance moves

Edited by Predicto