Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Thaaats right. Is Russian mafia dude still trying to sell the Nets? I know I read a story about him wanting to dump the team last year.

Speaking of Turner, I thought he signed with the Celtics? He hurt or something? Watched them the other night and didn't see him at all. What a bust he is. The classic "sure thing" bust.

Lin has no business as a starting PG. Dude don't got the handles. Like at all.

And if Andrew Luck makes me feel better about my ****ty beard, James Harden makes me want to shave it off and never try to grow one again. He's rocking that hard

Lin has no business as a starting PG. Dude don't got the handles. Like at all.

Very few people seem to realize he's been a 2 or combo guard since high school. Even at Harvard he was a 2-Guard. He's done an admirable job carving out a spot for himself in this league while playing out of position but you're right. He doesn't have the ball-handling ability to be a starting PG, and going to teams with 2-guards that are primarily responsible for the slashing and scoring on their teams hasn't helped him either.

I might be the only person in America who stayed up to watch the Lakers but I'm glad I did. My takeaways: Houston is a fraud, the Lakers are really bad, Swaggy P is the greatest 3-point shooter in history who also has contagious swag, Joey Crawford is the worst ref in the NBA, I fully expect Hubie Brown to still be talking as they're lowering his coffin into the ground and Dwight Howard is a ****.

• Like 1

I might be the only person in America who stayed up to watch the Lakers but I'm glad I did. My takeaways: Houston is a fraud, the Lakers are really bad, Swaggy P is the greatest 3-point shooter in history who also has contagious swag, Joey Crawford is the worst ref in the NBA, I fully expect Hubie Brown to still be talking as they're lowering his coffin into the ground and Dwight Howard is a ****.

Not the only person sir.

I agree with this completely. Besides your point about Swaggy.

I was way behind so I stayed out of this thread, and just now watching the post-game.

Long season man. I just don't see the depth and the Lakers were sloppy most of the game.

Edited by Kosher Ham

Not the only person sir.

I agree with this completely. Besides your boy Swaggy.

I was way behind so I stayed out of this thread, and just now watching the post-game.

Long season man. I just don't see the depth and the Lakers were sloppy most of the game.

The stuff about Swaggy is a joke. Interview today, he was asked who the greatest 3-point shooter in history is. So he ranked the top 5; with him at the top of course. And after the win yesterday he made a comment about his swag rubbing off on his teammates. He's not a bad guy, he's just a clown. If Gilbert, McGee and Blatche had a love child, it'd be him (doesn't matter who the dad is). But yeah, when you win two in a row and ESPN is seriously discussing whether Nick Young is why, your franchise might have some issues.

That said, it was a fun game to watch. I thought Kobe played really well too. (And for some reason, the Rockets annoy me. I think i just don't like frauds, and that, I honestly believe, they are.)

Edit: you all desperately need a real PG. Like outside of a surefire superstar (current or future), that needs to be your alls top priority.

The Cavs did not need Love.

He is not a good fit to me.

I've watched three of their games and I swear I don't remember him playing in any of them. Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I knew you were teasing about Swaggy. That kid is far from the game hero. He did have a couple of great defensive stops...and then a couple of lost looking moments.

Kobe did not have a good game. He took some really bad shots.

I loved the Lakers energy tonight, but I told the wife...put the game on, but don't record it.

Too many turnovers, too many poor shots, too many mistakes in general man. Happy for the win, not happy with the performance.

Love has decent games...they simply didn't need him. Many other teams could have utilized him better.

I think it's the first Lakers game I've watched. Went in expecting Kobe to just be launching bricks every time the ball came near him. Far from that. And I understand better what he's doing. I mean there really is nobody else. And that's why Young helps so much. He honestly might end up being the second leading scorer and do it coming off the bench.

If you were rebuilding the Lakers though, what would you do? Where would you start?

The start would have been getting Chris Paul.

That dream shattered.

They have needed a PG for years. They tried and failed. Lin ? Ugh. SF ? Ariza was that guy. PF...with a bit of a game in the paint.

As I said before they messed up letting their defense ride on ( Artest, Barnes, Ariza ) especially Ariza.  

Sorry for rambling...They still need a true PG.

From there a decent SF and some damn defense I don't care if it is the waterboy out there.  

The start would have been getting Chris Paul.

That dream shattered.

They have needed a PG for years. They tried and failed. Lin ? Ugh. SF ? Ariza was that guy. PF...with a bit of a game in the paint.

As I said before they messed up letting their defense ride on ( Artest, Barnes, Ariza ) especially Ariza.

Sorry for rambling...They still need a true PG.

From there a decent SF and some damn defense I don't care if it is the waterboy out there.

It's tough man. I think and think, what should be the Lakers move and there just aren't any solid answers. I understand it's a brand and everything but there is just so much that's out of their control, I really do think this could get ugly in ways the franchise has never seen. I guess already setting franchise records for ****ty starts to a season, we might even be at that point already.

Not saying he's the answer and he's a lock to be successful, but I just don't understand how you all let Phil end up with the Knicks. At least if you got him, you'd have some type of identity. Something solid, beyond the whole Lakers mystique bit, that you could have sold to free agents . I mean what's the sell now? Kobe will be gone soon and then this will be your team?

Edit: and thinking about the Lakers brand thing, after Kobe is gone, who's left in the organization that has anything to do with past successes? It was Jerry West and Jerry Buss and Phil. Now? I doubt most of these kids know anything about Byron Scott's career without hitting basketball-reference.com (and he's probably gone sooner than later anyway) and I don't think Buss' kids can honestly, legitimately play that role. Maybe get Magic in the mix somehow. I don't know

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

You know, stupid as that NBA.com article was, Kobe actually would fit in really well on this current Wizards team. Wall is the perfect point and personality to play with him. Otto Porters are ideal Kobe teammates. He would like Beal. And I think he would really enjoy playing with Gortat and Nene in particular. I think Kobe could get a ring with that group.

But Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell No would I ever trade Beal for him at this point.

Kobe's situation highlights an interesting little problem franchise's face when they have an absolute legend winding his career down. If he doesn't gracefully start taking pay cuts and a diminished role like Dirk and Duncan did, then the team is in a bit of a bind in terms of their ability to plan for the future. They can't treat the player like a typical asset. It would be absolutely shameful and ungrateful if the Lakers traded Kobe. But they're also stuck having a hard time building for the next era while he's still around, making a ton of money, and holding the reins of the franchise.

Yeah look at that long list of coaches LeBron has got canned in his career.

How the hell is "I'm playing a lot of minutes right now and I'd like to play less" translate to Blatt having until New Year's to turn them into an unstoppable machine.

All LeBron has done since coming back is emphasize how much he understands it's going to be a long process To build Cleveland into a dominant force and people still insist that he demands satisfaction now or that he'll bolt Cleveland at a moments notice.

I think you're overestimating LeBron's desire to use what pull he has on canning a damn good coach for playing him the same amount of minutes he's always played a month into the season.

You're absolutely kidding yourself if you think Blatt has a long leash in Cleveland.  No matter what you may think or what Lebron says, the expectations for that team are through the ****ing roof.  He can talk about how it's going to be a long process, yada, yada, yada...but with Kevin Love's impending free agency (and the talk of him going to play in LA), there is only a window that is so big for a championship run with this current trio.  If this team is middling by the time January rolls around there is going to be an enormous amount of pressure on the front office, the coaches, and players to get their **** together. 

Spo's situation was considerably different because he had the backing of Pat Riley.  Blatt has?  Oh, the international resume...which doesn't mean anything if the team isn't performing up to expectations. 

I didn't buy in to the Cavs hype and I think it's going to be a dogfight for them to come out of the east.  They'll have problems with the Bulls, Raptors, and possibly the Wizards. 

I saw that Sportscenter was in Cleveland for the Spurs/Cavs game. Do they do this for every game on Wednesday night or was this another excuse to suckle at the teat of Lebron?

You think showing up for a game is something special? They employ Brian Windhorst who is more Lebron chronicler than journalist.