Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I told you guys a few years ago that I was not a fan of the Howard or Nash pick-ups for the Lakers.

Should have kept Odom, Barnes and Artest, traded Gasol, and kept it moving.

I hated the D'Antoni move...and then all this randomness.

As Joe states however...The Lakers brand is bigger than a few years/decade of misery. The Knicks haven't won in decades.

Teams like Dallas, Miami, Cleveland, etc have to worry about that. Not the Lakers, Bulls, Knicks, Celtics.

• Like 2

I'm absolutely positive I saw him and his rankings in some giant collection of NBA power rankings earlier today.

Thanks for letting me know that though. I've been wanting a new WC team to follow and hate. Memphis it is.

I think they still attach his name to the advanced stat rankings as he "created" them, but they aren't assembled or commented on by him at this point.

I can't believe Rondo is shooting 30% from the line. If he finishes the season there, that's got to be an NBA record for a guard. He's actually shooting at higher percentage from 3. Head...hurts.

And I swear to God I better not hear anyone put him on the same level as Wall again. No. Just no.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I can't believe Rondo is shooting 30% from the line. If he finishes the season there, that's got to be an NBA record for a guard. He's actually shooting at higher percentage from 3. Head...hurts.

And I swear to God I better not hear anyone put him on the same level as Wall again. No. Just no.

I like Wall, and Rondo's shooting is a huge problem, but Rondo is unique in how much he dominates a game from the point.   He's a triple double machine, and Boston is so much better when he is in that it isn't even funny.  

I like Wall, and Rondo's shooting is a huge problem, but Rondo is unique in how much he dominates a game from the point. He's a triple double machine, and Boston is so much better when he is in that it isn't even funny.

He's so good they've been trying to trade him for three years and just took a point with their top pick. John Wall has shown you can build a team around him. Rondo has shown you can't. John Wall is a superstar. Rondo is a quirky, unique piece.

That's my take anyway.

Wall is better than Rondo now. The only PGs better than Wall now are CP3 (declining), Curry, and a healthy Westbrook (been a while since he's been healthy).

Speaking of CP3, he's starting to show his age faster than I thought he would. It's basically happened in this calendar year. He's still hyper-efficient, but he doesn't look like the force he used to be. I think his days of being an MVP caliber player are behind him. I think people would have noticed this more if it hadn't coincided along with pretty profound growth in DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin.

He peaked very early in his career, and never has been the same since his meniscus injury. I wonder why people don't really talk about that with him? His career trajectory is fascinating, I think it's one of the most interesting what-might-have-beens. I think he could have gone down as the greatest true PG ever if he never had that knee injury. And I think Kobe stole his MVP in 2008, and that was his one shot at getting the award.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

I could see Paul becoming a rich man's Andre Miller. Where he just lasts forever because of his style.

But yeah, you know who fell off FAST? Deron Williams. He went from a superstar, franchise player in the same class as Paul, to eh, an average starting PG. Seemingly overnight. Makes me wonder if he was just overhyped and overrated from the start, that Jerry Sloan probably deserved more credit for him then he got. I mean he went from 20 and 10 in Utah to 14 and 6 last year.

He's so good they've been trying to trade him for three years and just took a point with their top pick. John Wall has shown you can build a team around him. Rondo has shown you can't. John Wall is a superstar. Rondo is a quirky, unique piece.

That's my take anyway.

Boston wants to trade him because they are trying to tear down and start over, and he is their one existing veteran piece with real trade value.   But they are greedy and not willing to give him up unless they get a haul in return.

Again, I like Wall.  I defend Wall on here.   I just don't think you need to knock Rondo to do that.  Rondo is a better defender than Wall, and is probably the best overall defender among point guards.  He also is a slightly better passer and much better rebounder than Wall.  Rondo is from the Jason Kidd school of PGs, where scoring is the last thing you look for.   Which is good, because Rondo is a lousy shooter.

Wall is a much better scorer than Rondo, and has a higher ceiling.   He might be better overall right now, when all is taken into account.  But you don't need to knock Rondo to reach that conclusion.

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 1

I could see Paul becoming a rich man's Andre Miller. Where he just lasts forever because of his style.

But yeah, you know who fell off FAST? Deron Williams. He went from a superstar, franchise player in the same class as Paul, to eh, an average starting PG. Seemingly overnight. Makes me wonder if he was just overhyped and overrated from the start, that Jerry Sloan probably deserved more credit for him then he got. I mean he went from 20 and 10 in Utah to 14 and 6 last year.

I just think Deron Williams got in the way of his own growth. Beefing with coaches and never being in shape aren't ever good signs.

Nice moment for Kobe tonight as he gets to 32,000 points and the Lakers get a win.  He's about a few weeks away from getting to Jordan's career point total.  I should also add that this is the first game this season where Kobe's shot over 50% in a game.  It took him until the 11th game of the year to do that.

Edited by samy316

Nice moment for Kobe tonight as he gets to 32,000 points and the Lakers get a win. He's about a few weeks away from getting to Jordan's career point total. I should also add that this is the first game this season where Kobe's shot over 50% in a game. It took him until the 11th game of the year to do that.

Kobe for MVP?